Murdoch17

Nexus Force - real life LEGO Universe-inspired builds (modular moon base , space ships, and land vehicles)

This is the fourth version of the Joker's Lowrider-inspired car for Bob from the Neo Nexus Force. I was inspired to create a new front end grille for this car from two newer fender pieces, with one of them upside down to make a unique "O" effect, which is used for the turbine's air intake.

41741855162_dfa778944e_z.jpg

This very rare car is powered by a turbine, which means it can run on gasoline, alcohol, paint, and even cheap perfume. It runs very efficiently at high speed, but gets very fuel-hungry at slow speeds, like sitting in bumper-to-bumper City traffic. Luckily for it's owner, Bob, the snowy tundra wastelands offer little time for sitting still, and plenty of space for getting up to very impressive speeds. And if he gets struck in a snowbank, the very high-heat exhaust (which can melt asphalt if stationary too long in the real world), can easily break the car free no problem. (this model was inspired by the real-world 1960's Chrysler turbine car as seen here.)

40883905435_0493873998_z.jpg

The roof of the car is easily removable to get at the mini-figures seats which allow for figures to sit side-by-side. The spacious opening trunk has plenty of room for luggage and the doors to the cabin area open as well. The rear of the car also has a license plate and dual exhaust.

43718124164_4000391539_z.jpg

This car forms a portion of the parts I need to buy around Christmas, all of which is shown here, barring the three 2018 CITY Arctic sets I want to get and modify to be in the 2014 color scheme I need to buy to finish the model series. As my Classic Space base's price is climbing way too high way too fast, (I don't have $250 dollars to drop on the CS embassy when it was 180 last week!!) I feel I'll have to switch gears back to this earlier model series while these prices are somewhat lower and the CITY Arctic sets are still in stock at the LEGO store.

44385912182_ac303e6a2e_z.jpg

Here is what it will look like when all is said and done.

Thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

Thanks for posting pictures whenever you take a step forward in your digital and physical builds.  Your steady, methodical approach to improving your layouts without breaking the bank is something I'd like to emulate, but I haven't yet figured out how to Bricklink parts affordably.  Your Classic Space base is pretty big - if I asked Bricklink to pull together an Easy Buy set of carts, it would probably ask me for $700 or so!  How do you get it down to even the (still unaffordable) price of $250?

As for this build itself: I like the front grill and the trunk, and I'm sure the car would be fun to have around in person.  However, I like to have a bit more clearance in Lego cars so that they can handle carpet instead of just smooth table tops.  Have you considered lowering the wheels a plate or two?  Also, the roof would look a lot better and would still be just as structurally stable if it used this part at the front.  Would it be too much trouble to modify the car to seat a third person behind the front row?  I know it can really complicate the build, but I like to get as many seats as possible into a car, and it looks like there's room under the roof for one more person.

6 hours ago, icm said:

Thanks for posting pictures whenever you take a step forward in your digital and physical builds.  Your steady, methodical approach to improving your layouts without breaking the bank is something I'd like to emulate, but I haven't yet figured out how to Bricklink parts affordably.  Your Classic Space base is pretty big - if I asked Bricklink to pull together an Easy Buy set of carts, it would probably ask me for $700 or so!  How do you get it down to even the (still unaffordable) price of $250?

As for this build itself: I like the front grill and the trunk, and I'm sure the car would be fun to have around in person.  However, I like to have a bit more clearance in Lego cars so that they can handle carpet instead of just smooth table tops.  Have you considered lowering the wheels a plate or two?  Also, the roof would look a lot better and would still be just as structurally stable if it used this part at the front.  Would it be too much trouble to modify the car to seat a third person behind the front row?  I know it can really complicate the build, but I like to get as many seats as possible into a car, and it looks like there's room under the roof for one more person.

I was going to strip all the parts off my current Benny building to make the newer building lower in price. The modular walls themselves were around $350 (and rising!) last I checked in addition to the the embassy's skyrocketing $250, so your guess of $700 is just a hundred dollar bill off the mark... and that doesn't include shipping and handling from the very many stores, so your mark is close to correct @icm. I also don't use Easy Buy, as that selects stores I don't want to use (out of country or disliked, last I checked) unless they fixed that bug. With going into the "Buy All" button once inside the list proper, and then "Auto Select" from there, I have more control of what I want excluded or included in my carts.... that and if I want to use coupons. I can also add and subtract from what the computer has given me automatically. For example, by first selecting a coupon store with a fair amount of the required parts in it and then electing to hit "Auto Select", you have removed those parts from the list of parts to be selected from and the computer works to compile a better list with what you've already voiced an interest in. Basically: it resets the computer's list with your coupon store's items taken out. Sometimes this is helpful, sometimes it's not... You have to play with it a lot to get the best possible price.

Does that makes sense at all?

This car was a @hachiroku design of a early 1950's Hudson Hornet that I modified into being build-able in orange to be used as Bob's current car. (you can see the original Hudson Hornet model here.) Why the sudden change since yesterday? Benny has a 8 wide car on my layout, so Bob must in turn have a 8-wide car. Officially, I call it a pride thing, but in reality, I just worked up the guts to try to rework the very advanced design that Hachiroku made. It was very intimidating looking at first, but I got it done faster than I had thought it would be.

29512715207_27ddb828c8_z.jpg

As some newer parts are not yet available in the chosen color, I modified the design on the front end quite a bit to work out.

42641565210_3c9d4c9cd8_z.jpg

As usual, the 2014 Arctic logo (being reused for my Neo-Nexus Force space symbol) goes on the middle of the rear trunk. The symbol can be found here.

30581360718_fb4e95967a_z.jpg

The inside can seat a single mini-figure.

cty905.png

Speaking of mini-figures, this outfit, with plain blue legs, black hands, and a classic smiley head, will become the basic outfit of Nexus Force base commander Bob. He already has a officer's outfit in white and orange, and this will become his outfit when not in uniform. After all, his bald head must be getting cold after all these years on that windswept ice-covered world with no hat or helmet for nearly 8 years!

BUMP: 

This small orange automobile was originally designed as a Mad Max-like vehicle by builder @hachiroku as seen here until I turned back the clock on it into a regular, non-apocalypse version.

45432958005_5a160d230d_z.jpg

I then decided it would work well for Bob from the Nexus Force, formerly of the LEGO Universe MMO from 2010 - 2011. (R.I.P.) The mini-figure of Bob has been upgraded as well with white epaulet's and this new torso print. (I will be building this (and the final orange Arctic / Moon-base inspired parts I still haven't bought yet) as soon as I get the Classic Space stuff done in January, if not sooner.)

45432958035_c943d276f6_z.jpg

I added taillights and a license plate to the rear of the car. The Nexus Force logo goes on the center of either side panel of the car on the middle curved 2 x 2 slope.

44528592470_d4be74e081_z.jpg

Here we can see the car with the roof removed. Their is only room for one mini-figure (Commander Bob), but the space behind the driver's seat can hold some small cargo, such as a 2 x 2 x 2 (with tile lid) crate.

32473669098_5f1b35874b_z.jpg

Also on the table for early 2019 is the possibility for getting this set, 75975 (Watchpoint: Gibraltar) and modifying the space shuttle (which I've isolated here in the picture) into an orange and white Nexus Force ship by replacing the black at the rear with orange slopes and curved hull sections. The Medium Azure plates would become orange as well, and more prominent engines would most likely be added to the wings such as on my Y-Wing / Javelin mashup-MOD. This new ship would also gain a four-barrel movable gun turret from my Benny's sSS! MOD in orange, which would mean both ships would most likely be sacrificed for parts to this project if completed.

But to truly see if this is possible, I will have to wait until Brickset posts it's inevitable review of the set to see the inside of the ship, of which views are sadly lacking.

30911724523_b1db1106ec_z.jpg

Any thoughts on this idea? Here are my older ships for comparison.

Edited by Murdoch17

Fictional info:

This space station (named Destiny II) orbits the ice world of Beta Polaris, pointed at the direction of the trans-dimensional rip in space-time that leads to Lego Universe, ready to report any threat that may emerge from the space between spaces.

Destiny II is both an advanced weapons research platform and a forum for great minds and leaders from throughout the universe.The station is the headquarters for the Neo Nexus Force, (in cooperation with the Norsta race, of course)  and the home of Nexus - Polaris University. This school focuses on the meaning of time and space itself, plus performing experiments on hyper-space streamlining, artificial gravity production, theoretical physics, and sports. (Let's go Nexo-nauts!)

46331304372_b0b76ff869_z.jpg

Real world info:

The space ship and station are micro-scale. The space station was inspired by this post by @dr_spock and by my Classic Space version of this station, which I color swapped into this version you see here to make it cheaper. (I already have a bunch of the needed parts on another earlier space station model) This model is also a 100+ stud-long SHIP, as well.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:12 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Also on the table for early 2019 is the possibility for getting this set, 75975 (Watchpoint: Gibraltar) and modifying the space shuttle (which I've isolated here in the picture) into an orange and white Nexus Force ship by replacing the black at the rear with orange slopes and curved hull sections. The Medium Azure plates would become orange as well, and more prominent engines would most likely be added to the wings such as on my Y-Wing / Javelin mashup-MOD. This new ship would also gain a four-barrel movable gun turret from my Benny's sSS! MOD in orange, which would mean both ships would most likely be sacrificed for parts to this project if completed.

But to truly see if this is possible, I will have to wait until Brickset posts it's inevitable review of the set to see the inside of the ship, of which views are sadly lacking.

Sounds interesting! I too am eagerly awaiting a review from someone of that set, primarily to check out its new slope bricks! :moar:

The NIFT-E robot was designed in 2015 to compliment the thousands of Sentry (set 4416) series robots produced in 2006 by the X-POD corporation for the original Nexus Force founders. Thirty-four of these newer robots were produced in 2018 as a test batch, called the Nexus Iron Friendly Teammate - Engineer class (NIFT-E) for use as spaceship ground-crew and heavy engineering duties, including fueling and heavy duty maintenance, computer updating, and guiding ships into landing zones. They are used alongside human counterparts who work on the harder to reach areas of a ship's engine, and on life support systems. Each human master mechanic (of which every base has at least two or three of them, plus several apprentices) is assigned an NIFT-E counterpart, in which they are equal partners working towards the same goal: keeping the ships flying, the base humming with life, and repair bay as empty as possible in case of emergencies.

32536449708_16d788b47b_z.jpg

This robot requires three parts not in LDD, AKA this printed part goes on the center of his chest, while two of these orange tubes connect to the front and back of the NIFT-E to help cool the super micro-scale computer housed in the chest cavity with super cold water. (that's what's housed in the two tanks on the back) Also, four of these brackets are missing from the hip area in Light bluish gray.

32536449718_4f488ab055_z.jpg

Builder NOTES:
The model is inspired by 31090 - Underwater Robot from the 2019 Creator theme. I originally built it for my brother in Blacktron III colors, (he has it coming to him for Christmas from me) but I then decided to take off the claw weapon and build it for myself in Nexus Force colors too for my own purposes.

46541425402_8d5d8303cf_z.jpg

New year, new car, neo Nexus Force!

44775408530_530f4a43cd_z.jpg

The inside seats one figure and and one suitcase. This car was originally inspired by a @hachiroku design as seen here as a Mad Max -type vehicle.

46742423292_463a48821c_z.jpg

This ship was originally set 70816, Benny's spaceship, with the Unkiitty seat and radar dish removed in favor of a skylight and laser gun turret instead. The sliding wings were redesigned to be stationary and thus provide space under the turret for commander Bob. The ship also has separate passageways for crew to walk so they don't have to go outside to go to Bob, engineering, or the bridge. More recently, I combined the ship with a more elongated nose taken from the 2015 DC Comics set 76028 (Darksied Invasion).  This sleek nose also fits nicely with the sloped windscreen, but I'm not done yet with the ship... parts have just been ordered to revamp the laser weapons systems all over the ship, so stay tuned for more updated pictures in the coming weeks!

Edited by Murdoch17

47426948532_14c6bcd35a_z.jpg

The base now has two rotating small anti-vehicle turrets on the roof for protection,and a large shield generator building is in the plans for the future, as you can see over on the left hand side with the five huge semi-circular ridges on top. The roof of that section comes off, revealing the nerve center of the base itself. I'm also adding a different radar dish to the base just above the reactor building, using four of this part in black for the actual dish. I have also run out of room for displaying the base in my current table-less (and thus no-layout) space. (That's why I haven't uploaded pictures of the robot, updated space ships, or revised moon base in the real world yet. Hopefully though, I can get to a point soon where that will be fixed and new pictures will be taken.)

I am working on adding these train cars (hopefully) by Christmas. We will see which projects get built and which get pushed back, as their is only so much budget to go around!

48721861266_afb86a70bd_z.jpg

Welcome aboard the Astro-train! This futuristic stream-liner was a mix of the 1950's Earth train called the "Aerotrain" but redesigned specifically for use by Nexus Force personnel as a high-speed, high-security ground transport between the northern-most city of St. Nicklaus and north-pole-hugging outpost of Ice Station Odyssey, around 590 miles away. (this all takes places on the ice-bound planet of Beta Polaris, which orbits what we here call the North Star, far away from Earth.) Thus this makes it a space train!

Unlike the original Earth version, the Astro-train is super-streamlined, and can go up to speeds of up to 230 MPH on special track, with super-elevated curves and long straight-away's of hundreds of miles, all while using Positive Train Control (PTC) on the the mostly double-track mainline, where all vehicle crossings are flyovers and switches virtually non-existent once out of St. Nicklaus city limits. This train runs along with Seven identical versions of itself on the route with up to five in running order on the route and at least one in the maintenance shed at any one time. Also, please NOTE: The train is authorized to make 15 minute stops in the icy wastelands at native villages as requested before continuing on to it's destination. Signal boxes are provided at certain spots to stop the train at the correct spot to en-train, with only village elders having the keys. To de-train, you must pull the cord at least full 10 minutes before you wish to disembark to allow the train to slow down. Only five stops are marked on the route, but several unmarked villages are springing up, so the schedule has gone out the airlock recently.

(In actuality, this is a heavily modified version of 2018 Star Wars set 75217 (Imperial Conveyex Transport) mashed up into an 8-wide version of my 1950's Aerotrain model. The model also features inside details and Jacobs bogies besides the lift away side panels of 75217 and removable cab roof.)

48721527033_d076e89051_z.jpg

This loco is missing five printed pieces:
(1) slope of this type for the front of the nose, right below the third headlight. It is the Nexus Force's logo.

(4) of this round tile for the roof engine exhaust vents.

48721861281_a3638b0592_z.jpg

Fold up the walls so you can look underneath at the powerful diesel engine.

48721527088_428492782e.jpg

The roof of the engineer's cab comes off to place a figure at the controls.

48722037292_6852eca5a6_z.jpg

Each of the four cars can hold four seats each behind the two fold-up side walls.

48721527118_0abbd19825_z.jpg

These are the four passenger cars, which are linked together in pairs of two by Jacobs bogies. They can have more two-car sets dropped in or out, but the rear-most car set is the minimum. (as the last car carriers the four tail markers) I thought about adding another two cars, but the price was too prohibitive right now.

Well, the train cars seen above aren't going to happen this year. But maybe next year, by this time, (hopefully) they will. On a more positive note, I made this hover-tank for use with the nexus force which should see action in January.... I hope.

48959234811_52eed57f98_z.jpg

The All Terrain Hover tank (otherwise known as an AT-HT) prototype was designed by Imperial scientists long ago. It was stolen by rebel soldiers who, in in their haste to escape from a small moon-shaped space station descending on them, got their overclocked hyper-drive to send them far far away from their home galaxy to the milky way before their ship crash landed on the far side off the planet the Nexus Force landed on in 2011. Before, the crew all died of extreme old age, many eons before the ship's wreckage was discovered, they set this story I've just told on a message disc for future explorers to find and relay... along with the AT-HT secure and intact in the cargo hold.

When the Nexus Force found the wrecked ship so many years later, they took the prototype tank back to base. It took a while to figure out it's drivers manual, but after a while, they got it working. They then set about making more of them, as they were impressed by it's firepower and range capabilities. So far, they've made about 15 (plus the prototype) of them for defense of their base in case a battle should occur.

48959234836_6d52eb0698_z.jpg

In reality, this model was based mostly on set 75152 (Imperial Assault Hovertank) and a turret from 75080 (AAT). The model has been updated to have the Nexus Force orange, white, and grays, color scheme as shown on all the models I own of this theme. I plan on using the 2014 Arctic printed slope for the logo on this tank when I get two of these models in the new year.

48958684408_d2c2ef8fb6_z.jpg

The front seat is the driver, the second seat the gunner, the one in the turret is the commander. As no gun needs to be reloaded, (energy weapons, no shells) the gunner doesn't need to be near the turret to control it.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:08 AM, Murdoch17 said:

46331304372_b0b76ff869_z.jpg

On 12/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, Murdoch17 said:

32536449708_16d788b47b_z.jpg

A lot of nice designs in here! They above are two of my favorites. 

On 10/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, danth said:

A lot of nice designs in here! They above are two of my favorites. 

Thanks! The latter one (the robot) is built in real life, but I still have to get the pictures taken of it.
49627017356_5c40ec6148_z.jpg

My brother is learning how to render in Stud.io, so he asked me for a couple challenges to test his skills... here we see the Nexus Force's Ice Station Destiny in it's complete form, hopefully done April 2020 as rendered by him (LDD file by me, of course!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 3/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Glassjaw said:

The colour scheme is excellent, I’m loving the Arctic space crossover. Keep it going!

Sorry for the late reply @Glassjaw, but thanks for the compliment! Here is some more recent Nexus Force stuff:

50027020873_6ac79450e5_z.jpg

The new larger radio antenna (not finished here: it's based on the Wonder Woman 1984 set, so parts are missing), Hoth shield generator building section (16 x 32 size), and ramp section (8 x 16 size) are on order as of 6/21/2020. More pictures are coming as soon as it's finished being built in real life.

50026977393_c000da8371_z.jpg

This model was originally a @hachiroku model of the the Nubian Royal Star-ship from Star wars Episode I, as seen here. This specific Naboo Royal Yacht (now a Ambassadorial Cruiser) has Y-wing-style engines instead of the temperamental Nubian ones for added power and a new color scheme to better fit with my Neo Nexus Force.

50027778947_3b9b0f40ed_z.jpg

The rear of the ship, featuring those huge Y-wing engines. (with all their original paneling still intact, which is a rarity in the Star Wars universe!)

50027778832_9057160dac_z.jpg

The roof folds back, landing gear come down, and the loading ramp lowers. There is a cargo area, a bridge with seating for the pilot, and a mapping / negotiation area, because this is an ambassador's ship after all. (This is supposed to come with a globe representing a map of the Systar solar system from The LEGO Movie 2, as the Nexus Force are mapping hyperspace trade routes to that far flung System from Beta Polaris.)

This ship is currently being parts sourced to have this ship built IRL instead of the Classic Space version. (I like the orange look better!)

Any thoughts or suggestions for future builds?

Edited by Murdoch17

First post updated with new pictures + expanded description of the base and it's eight individual sections!

50071351903_f5ae75f520_z.jpg

NEW ship incoming! (based on set 75293 - Resistance I-TS Transport with a four-stud-longer cargo bay.)

50176952383_a97105d2c8_z.jpg

The Nexus Force owns quite a few of these ships, used to ferry supplies around the planet to their far-flung scientific and military outposts not on the railroad route. They can be converted quickly to carry troops, and even used to sling larger cargo underneath via ropes and netting if the need presents itself, but only in atmosphere can they do this. NOTE: The logo for the Nexus Force goes on the nose.

50177490591_0fa85ff426_z.jpg

The engines are completely different to the set design, as 2 x 4 bricks with three Technic holes going straight down don't exist in LDD. (or in orange, for that matter!) This new design was the only suitable way to get them to work on the ship in a very tight space. Also difficult is the fact that LDD doesn't like the loading ramp doors, crashing every time I would incrementally move them the wrong way or go too far.

Thankfully, I got it done with the least amount of hair-pulling-out!

Oh, one more thing: the back section of paneling over-top of the engines is floating, as it is connected using studs adjacent to Technic parts, which are incrementally taller than system parts. It works in the real world, but not LDD. (weird, huh?)

50177740202_1cafe0a84e_z.jpg

The front of the ship has room for a single pilot / captain. (but there are no controls as the ones in the set were sadly stickers.) The cargo bay is quite spacious for troops or freight as it has been elongated by four studs from the set's original length. The cockpit roof folds away, and the roof of the cargo bay comes off, (they are both hidden here) while the landing ramps fold up / down. The ship is armed with two large laser forward-facing cannons, but I'm not sure how the pilot operates them, with no controls and all.

The ship has been added to the first post in place of the Naboo cruiser, which will not be built because this will be taking it's place.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

50312671426_6c6e4fe456_z.jpg

Added pictures of Bob's new sleek 1960's sports car to the first post. Here we see a comparison picture between Bob's 1960's sports car (on right) and Benny's classy 1950's automobile. (on left)

I also did a bit of housekeeping on the main post as well, deleting older micro-scale models that no longer exist, and taking out screenshots of models that won't be built... like the ones of the post directly above.* (That specific model got turned into a classic space freighter, LL-202.)

*The post's above pictures are lost, because I replaced them with Classic Space versions, and never replaced them.. oh well, too late now!

Edited by Murdoch17

9 hours ago, Curbthetide said:

I really like the radio array and the shield generator!  And I think I spotted a spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! Well done!  

Thank you @Curbthetide! Here is a little (or a lot) something more to add to the lore of my builds!

50331733436_6d56b29952_z.jpg

This ship, originally planned to be called the "Fist of Overbuild", and intended to be the first of four nearly-identical ships (one for each Lego Universe faction and painted into each of the alignment's colors) as the "Protector" class of massive space ships. These four planned ships, were later scaled back to two, and then only the completed one was launched that fateful day. The original name (the "Fist of Overbuild") was changed to the "Bright Hope" when the project was scaled back to two ships, with the other going from the "Dark Eye" (of the stealthy Paradox clan) to the 95%-completed "Silent One", a name suggested by former ninja Vanda Darkflame herself.

Sadly, it was not to be, as on December 31st 2011, the Maelstrom launched it's final, all-out attack from hidden strong holds and blew past every free world-piece on their way to Nexus Tower. This bastion of freedom, contacted the Shard of Imagination, and as it turned out, a way of out the darkness.In desperation, the mini-fig forces pulled back into the tower, swarming the landing pads for the ships. As only one was complete, it became apparent there would not be enough room for all: panic soon set in as staying behind would mean certain death. Doc Overbuild proposed a novel solution to the problem, using digitizing technology adapted from his research into Mardoff the Orange Techno-Wizard's "download" ability. (Not quite like the MATRIX, but more like TRON)

Anyway, Overbuild and Mardoff hurriedly got process going, with many of the regular civilian figures taking there places in line while the military and special contractors got the ship ready for flight. The Maelstrom was simultaneously trying to breach the tower, but could not penetrate the defenses nor find a weak spot.... yet.On the 1st of January, 2012, at 12.01 AM, the Bright Hope took off carrying the spark of imagination it it's hold. The tower, now without it's major power source, was holding out (barely) due to the rear-cover action of the four foundering faction leaders. At 2:00 AM, all transmission from the tower was lost and the Nexus Force leaders and accompanying staying figures presumed dead. Bob, the captain of the Bright Hope, was now the leader of the Nexus Force as so deputized by the four leaders before lift-off. The ship continued to the gap in space-time, where several probes had crossed through to an alternate reality known for having the planet Earth in it, (otherwise known as our home-planet!) but known to them as the Blue Planet. As the ship passed between the two Universe's, the maelstrom attacked the rear of the ship, destroying it's Faster Than Light drive. (FTL) before the rip closed, locking the Maelstrom out of the Blue Planet's Universe for good. (or at least, as far as we know)

FTL drive destroyed beyond repair, the ship careened through space, off course and loosing fuel. The pilots and crew drew up a map of systems they were near and of which ones were known by the probes to harbor life. The results were bleak. The only one that looked good was the ice planet DY-17, distantly orbiting the Earth's "North Star" Polaris A as the last planet in the star system. It was a wise choice.As it turned out, the probes missed that the fuel deposits on the planet were massive, enough to actual turn a profit, and that geothermal energy was very plentiful. This was enough that the leading council thought it best to stay put on the planet to keep watch for any sign of Maelstrom from the nearby rip, which is visible through even small telescopes. Mardoff got all the citizen's de-digitized with minimal headaches, and the base of Ice Station Destiny was born. As for the Bright Hope, the ship was too heavy for the ice floes to land, so it stayed in orbit to watch for trouble. The imagination spark was moved down to the surface, into a secure bunker deep below where few knew of it's location. Also, metals were mined to grow the fleet of ships, with another, smaller, capital ship being built, and many new enclosed fighters being built to accommodate the colder environment, with the open canopy ones being stationed on the Bright Hope up in space to this day.

50331053733_df721600da_z.jpg

The rear of the ship with the five engines. As you can probably tell, this is a recolor / MOD of set 70839 - The Rexcelsior! from The LEGO MOVIE 2: The Second Part.

50331733471_c230be21cb_z.jpg

Right side open, featuring the power room (Largest room, left side) and launching bay for fighters (above, right). lower middle is the war room, while the lower far right is a break room for pilots with what should be a dart board.

50331053753_5561ac3024_z.jpg

Left side open, featuring the power room (Largest room, right side), guest ship quarters (middle open section) and the two remaining open sections - their reasons for being are classified.

50331733506_9c18eab0d9_z.jpg

The bridge of the Bright Hope.

Yes, I know some parts are missing, they are gone because of one of two reasons:

A) LDD glitched out and wouldn't let me place them due to collision box errors.

B) LDD didn't have them in the first place (with regards to the 4 x 4 with curve cutouts for the "thumb" area.)

32531400283_fb1a6c3a2f_z.jpg

Couple this model with my still-together space station build, and I have quite a fleet of micro-space objects.

What do you guys think?

Incredible.  How do you have all this arranged in your house?  Is there a fleet 'flying' across a room?  I especially love the use of brick separators, it took me a while to recognize them.  

On 9/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, Curbthetide said:

Incredible.  How do you have all this arranged in your house?  Is there a fleet 'flying' across a room?  I especially love the use of brick separators, it took me a while to recognize them.  

Sorry for the late response @Curbthetide!

50966025618_dcaee24063_z.jpg

I have some of the base setup in my living room, as part of a three (3 x 6 foot each) table train layout, as seen above. The fleet is packed away, but I'm considering putting it near the base on the tables, possibly behind the base. (As the front is taken by the RR spur which will soon feature the train shown below.)

Here is my latest update:

The Moonlighter train is owned by the Nexus Force, and is a retro-futuristic stream-liner mix of old-school steam technology, but with hyper-modern safety features designed specifically for use by Nexus Force personnel as a very high-speed, high-security ground transport between the northern-most city of St. Nicklaus and north-pole-hugging outpost of Ice Station Odyssey, around 500 miles away. (this all takes places on the ice-bound planet of Beta Polaris, which orbits what we here call the North Star, far away from Earth.) Thus this makes it a space train!

50965844581_9ccb8988e8_z.jpg

Unlike the slower Earth trains, the Moonlighter type of space-train is super-streamlined, and can go up to speeds of up to 110 MPH (135 is the loco's top possible speed) on it's special track, with super-elevated curves and long straight-away's over hundreds of miles, all while using Positive Train Control (PTC) on the the mostly double-track mainline, where all vehicle crossings are flyovers and switches virtually non-existent once out of St. Nicklaus city limits. This train runs along with nine other identical versions of this train (10 total trains in all) on the route with up to seven in running order on the route and at least two in the maintenance shed / in emergency backup storage at any one time. They are numbered 2000 through 2010. (This one will be numbered 2007, as that's the year that LEGO Universe was unveiled to the public in the form of a early teaser image / page on the official LEGO website.)

You can read more about this (space!) steam train here in the dedicated topic.

Was thinking of you and your MOCs/MODs the other day when I saw reviews of the “White Dragon Horse Jet” from Monkie Kid. Any chance you could do anything with that? You might want to change the horse-shaped nose out for something more traditional, but the wings look nice and the colors could work well if you changed out the greens for colors like orange. Just a thought!

23 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Was thinking of you and your MOCs/MODs the other day when I saw reviews of the “White Dragon Horse Jet” from Monkie Kid. Any chance you could do anything with that? You might want to change the horse-shaped nose out for something more traditional, but the wings look nice and the colors could work well if you changed out the greens for colors like orange. Just a thought!

Thanks for the idea @Lyichir! I'll defiantly look into changing it around once instructions or the parts lists are released.

EDIT: Here is an updated picture of the trains in the other thread, as shown below... just in case anyone wants to check out my changes!

50986353222_aa4dd6de7c_z.jpg

Edited by Murdoch17