Hey everyone,

I posted a version of my Unimog recently.. here are more pictures and another video. For full details of this project check out my mocpages

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/407959

I am too lazy to put it all here :blush:

I had lots of fun with this project, and I think it raises some "firsts" or at least breaks some ground in Technic building in new areas. First, I have no idea for certain, and will probably be proved wrong (which is fine by me) :classic: but this model may have the largest third party tires used for Technic models. They are nearly 6 inches tall! I have not seen any taller.

Second, I haven't really seen any models being used for muddin'. We have truck trials and climbing competitions, but I have never really seen muddin competitions. This really is not possible with electrically powered models (b/c of the water), and that is why pneumatically powered models are so cool. They can open new doors to our hobby. I haven't seen a model go through more mud or water than this model (maybe I should post this to the records post :grin: ). The tires are nearly six inches tall, and with the water well surpassing the wheel wells in the video, this things can easily traverse through seven inches of water.

Last.... which goes with the second... but I haven't really seen a lot of pneumatically powered MOCs used for trucks... period. Or climbers, etc. I have seen them used for cars, large cars, but not trucks. ALthough large LPE are not nearly as compact as motors, I think they open new doors as already discussed.

Enjoy the pics and video... and remember to look at my page for further details.

14253491521_THUMB.jpg

14253495156_THUMB.jpg

1425346061m_DISPLAY.jpg

14253487542_THUMB.jpg

I have to agree lpe engines are great modified unfortunatly they are rather bulky but some have some amazing torque! Great moc!

"This video is not available" is all see in my phone, all the time. That's Android YouTube app. I want to see this big guy in action!

"This video is not available" is all see in my phone, all the time. That's Android YouTube app. I want to see this big guy in action!

OT: Must be something with your phone, my Android (MotoX) had no problems - maybe you need to update YouTube app?

nerdsforprez - very nice done, can you share details on the LPE? What air pressure are you running at, and how long did it take to clean all the parts :grin: ?

Does not work for me either, has some protected Music in in that users in Germany shall not hear...

Does not work for me either, has some protected Music in in that users in Germany shall not hear...

Works for me strange,that users in Germany can't see it.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

:classic: Yea.... it took a while to clean all the parts. Honestly, its the tires that took the most time. The foam inserts have gone through the dryer twice and still not completely dry :angry: But it was all worth it. I love also being able to just get outside to shoot the videos. Lots of fun.

The other information you are looking for is on my mocpages. Not trying to seof-promote, really, it is just that I am too lazy to re-write everything. But there is a lot of information on the build on that page that gives background to this project. Briefly, the LPE is Alex's from LPE power. Great engine. I have built my own but I don't dare to modify the parts, I rely on LPEpower for that. I ran the engine at no more than 4 bar. Alex says full power can handle more than that. So in theory, this beast can probably do even more than I required of it. But I think I ran it pretty hard.

Sorry to those who cannot see the video. There are also problems with this on the mocpage. I am trying to fix them.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/407959

ALso, for those that cannot see the video, should I remake it and leave out the music? That would not be hard to do......

I suspect the same. Extra annoying for me since I'm not even in Germany, but it seems Switzerland is considered part of Germany when blocking access to some YouTube videos. On my desktop, sometimes I get a more clear message that the video is "not available in Germany" (and I think, when have I been teleported there?)

Same for me and I'm in Sweden. Older clips of the same 'mog work though...

It must be the music then. b/c i used the same embedding tool and format to post is as the others. But it appears some are watching some of the videos not just embedded here.... but on youtube. I used the same uploading, etc. format there as well.... so i suspect the music is the issue. I will make another video with no music (you will hear a lot of noise though in the background. Texas bayou sounds. Insects, etc.... ) and post it tonight or tomorrow for those that cannot see the video. Not hard to do.

Wow this is really cool , love the unique ideas in this moc.

I also love that its powered pneumatically .

I love how deep in water this can go, amazing!

Come to that, where is the steering servo?I've been thinking on how to do something like this but couldn't figure how to do the steering with the servo in the cab.

Its a pf M motor. Not the greatest for steering but gets the job done. Installed vertically towards the back of the cab.

Great job. I like the video without the music better. :classic:

Good feedback. Any opinions of others? Perhaps this is material for a whole new thread, but do people generally like videos with or without the music in the background (when showcasing Technic builds)? What about these two examples specifically? Do people like the video better with or without the music?

Amazing performance! I love the brawly tires too! What do you use for a remote? Pressure washer?

This is what I used to fuel the thing......minus the remote PF throttle, an idea that could work, but would have to apply to a much larger vehicle. Filled this tank with a bike pump. I own an industrial air compressor.... but it is much funner to make your own from common household stuff.