Being new around here, I'm not sure if I should post too much of my back catalogue, but here's a big model of a small car from a couple of years ago.

8500169413_4e3d9028e0_c.jpgMaxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

Like all my large vehicle models, the chassis is studded Technic and I've included several functions under the System body. Studless Technic has proved very handy for the trickier stuff...

13491285305_37a1b945c5_c.jpgMaxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

That engine uses the old square 2x2 pistons and features every moving part of the real thing (wish the video on Flickr still worked!) It has crankshaft and pistons, chain driven camshaft, pushrods, rockers, valves, fan and auxiliary drive, even a shaft off the cam for the distributor with whirling rotor arm. It uses an M motor as a starter, operated from the 'ignition' switch inside the car. It drives the front wheels through a simple forward / reverse transmission. The starter can be disengaged.

There's independent suspension, working steering (HOG via exhaust or by my odd choice of steering wheel), pneumatic brakes on the rear wheels, a working handbrake, seats that tilt, adjust and lock in place realistically and everything opens. The doors will latch closed, operable from inside or out.

13491650094_7023327181_c.jpgMaxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

8500169831_9c0fc71e8d_c.jpgMaxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

8500171757_f8833951e2_c.jpgMaxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

Edited by Nick Barrett

Staggering! I had seen the pictures of this before but I didn't appreciate the size size of it until just now when I saw what you used for a steering wheel.

Did you start with unimog wheels and scale up from there?

Staggering! I had seen the pictures of this before but I didn't appreciate the size size of it until just now when I saw what you used for a steering wheel.

Did you start with unimog wheels and scale up from there?

Thanks James. Yes, I started it exactly as you say.

Wow that looks massive. I also didn't realize the steering wheel was that large. I'm surprised an M motor can drive the entire thing

Wow that looks massive. I also didn't realize the steering wheel was that large. I'm surprised an M motor can drive the entire thing

It can't - it's just the 'starter motor'. That and the lights are the only PF in this.

For a second I thought that this car had an LPE in it. Either way, awesome job! So many details I lost count...

Amazing!

Every time I see a car like this, I feel like I have to go into studded / model team much more than I currently do. I just like all these details.

Being new around here, I'm not sure if I should post too much of my back catalogue, but here's a big model of a small car from a couple of years ago.

Maxi Mini by TechnicNick, on Flickr

Like all my large vehicle models, the chassis is studded Technic and I've included several functions under the System body. Studless Technic has proved very handy for the trickier stuff...

That engine uses the old square 2x2 pistons and features every moving part of the real thing (wish the video on Flickr still worked!) It has crankshaft and pistons, chain driven camshaft, pushrods, rockers, valves, fan and auxiliary drive, even a shaft off the cam for the distributor with whirling rotor arm. It uses an M motor as a starter, operated from the 'ignition' switch inside the car. It drives the front wheels through a simple forward / reverse transmission. The starter can be disengaged.

There's independent suspension, working steering (HOG via exhaust or by my odd choice of steering wheel), pneumatic brakes on the rear wheels, a working handbrake, seats that tilt, adjust and lock in place realistically and everything opens. The doors will latch closed, operable from inside or out.

It would be very nice if it hat LPE 4 cylinder engine...

:devil: