Sign in to follow this  
luvembricks

BrickQueen vs BrickSpy

So BrickQueen filed copyright claims against BrickSpy's news video about her because she felt "attacked". She removed the claims, but it still harmed his channel. I think it's pathetic the way she's acting. What do you guys think?

I never heard of BrickSpy before but I remember there was a bit of friction between her and Just2Good a couple of years ago so this isn't an isolated incident. Still, filing a false DMCA or anything is never right in my book, regardless of implication (Unless you do feel like your work's been stolen, which isn't the case here). I love Brick Queen's videos and I like the fact she's a member here too, but there's better ways to handle a situation like this without resorting to false copyright claims.

BrickQueen has a history of this. I'd say be careful what you say here, or there may be some complaint!

There are many reasons I use YouTube as a radio substitute and nothing more. This is one example.

I used to take BrickQueen really seriously when I was younger, but now I'm just looking at her channel these days like "who cares."

I mean, her reviews don't really bring anything new to the table other than that she's a girl.

Hahahaha, and remember those girls who used to review LEGO back in 2012 but they'd title their videos names that were intriguing when the video actually had nothing to do with that? Ugh. :wacko:

Do we have any evidence BrickQueen actually filed the DMCA complain?

I am not sure what would anyone expect someone to bring to a review. It's just a review. If you don't like reviewer's opinions, find another one.

I really doubt BrickSpy got 'harmed' by this claim. His channel seems to be still up.

Is this an isolated thing, or is this semi frequent where one reviewer takes issue with another reviewer?

BrickQueen has taken issue with other reviewers before.

BrickQueen has taken issue with other reviewers before.

Why? That makes me lose some respect for her. Its not like she has the corner on the market for lego reviews. Yes she is one of the more popular channels, but that doesn't mean others can't do it as well. If I'm to be honest, I find her to be somewhat dry and boring. The Brick Show is far more entertaining imo.

Why? That makes me lose some respect for her. Its not like she has the corner on the market for lego reviews. Yes she is one of the more popular channels, but that doesn't mean others can't do it as well. If I'm to be honest, I find her to be somewhat dry and boring. The Brick Show is far more entertaining imo.

BrickQueen had a video about how adults are not allowed into LEGOLand, which had incorrect information in it. J2G commented on it (respectfully, might add) and corrected her and she ended up attacking and blocking him. Pictures here.

And there was one video or tweet (I don't remember exactly) when the Back to the Future Cuusoo set was released and sold out quickly, as you'd expect, where she was passive-aggressively complaining about not getting a copy to review it. And yeah I remember the J2G incident, which sucks because J2G is one of my favorite reviewers and a nice guy to boot. Brick Queen is good, and she's nice in my encounters with her, but it seems her gimmick is that she's a female AFOL. It's like the Diamond Head Game was a short lived game show that was filmed in Hawaii, that seems to be her only angle, but I digress.

IDK if there's any proof of a false flag, but if there is, I'd like to see it before I continue, as I'm not one for casting stones when it's not needed.

I was watching this unfold on BrickSpy's channel, there was a moment when BrickSpy posted screenshots of the the copyright claims on his Instagram page and for sure BrickQueen did file 2 copyright claims on him. Before BrickSpy removed his videos, I did see them, he wasn't exactly nice to BQ, but he didn't really say any thing bad about her. There were no copyright violations that I could see, he was just reporting about the information he had about her...

BQ has a long history if doing nasty things... I have seen so many things she has done that should get her banned from YouTube for violating terms of service. She isn't very good at covering her tracks either. Her evil ranges from scam giveaways, to outright stealing other people's designs, and to filing false copyright claims against people who say anything negative about her...

I wish BrickSpy would have stuck to his guns and not agreed with her to remove his videos. He didn't do anything wrong, but I guess if he had gotten 1 more copyright strike from her YT would have terminated his account :-(

Is there any proof of this complaint?

Excuse my scepticism.

I bet if you emailed BrickSpy, he would email you the screenshots that he took down from his Instagram page (well maybe he will, but he might be fearful of retaliation from BrickQueen) but it couldn't hurt to ask? I think it just sucks that someone as evil as BQ actually has that much influence in the LEGO community, and she does all these nasty things with her influence...

Wow incidents with her seems to be getting bigger and bigger figuratively and literally .

Wow incidents with her seems to be getting bigger and bigger figuratively and literally .

I agree, it's easier to explain away when there is 1 thing, but there is always some scandal involving her... People might say it's because she is one of the bigger LEGO YouTubers and she gets attacked more, but you don't see all this scandal with other big LEGO YouTubers... Just her...

Do you remember what she did to Just2Good? I remember reading something about stealing a custom minifig design and passing it off as her own... Trying to remember if that was his, or someone else...

I agree, it's easier to explain away when there is 1 thing, but there is always some scandal involving her... People might say it's because she is one of the bigger LEGO YouTubers and she gets attacked more, but you don't see all this scandal with other big LEGO YouTubers... Just her...

Do you remember what she did to Just2Good? I remember reading something about stealing a custom minifig design and passing it off as her own... Trying to remember if that was his, or someone else...

From what I remember in regards to Just2Good, he rubbed her the wrong way by correcting her about a rule about adults without kids in Legoland in the comments of her video on the subject. I think the stolen design part comes from a controversy surrounding a custom Goku minifig she did using a stolen design, or rather, she passed it off as her own. I don't remember if J2G called her out on this too or who called her out but I remember the original person who made the decal came here and talked about it in the minifig customization board. Either way, she blocked J2G probably because of the Legoland thing.

I personally have no qualms with BQ, but again, her main draw is being a female AFOL, and with her being a court worker/working in law, and being married, she should have a bit more maturity in her online presence, and she above anyone else shouldn't condone false flagging.

First off, thank y'all for the kind comments about me! :classic:

I'm just gonna state some information here to clear up confusion, I'll try my best to be unbiased toward any side.

You can read about the incident mentioned in this thread with her and I here: http://thebricktruth...brickqueen.html

The custom minifigures situation didn't include me: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=85835

Alright so here's what I've gathered for their most recent situation:

- BrickSpy makes news segment about Brick Queen's LEGO Ideas projects being removed

- BrickQueen files a copyright complaint for that video (she acknowledged this in the comments)

- BrickSpy makes another video about it

- BrickQueen complies to taking off the claim, but some of Brick Spy's features were messed up with the claim

Not sure what happened after that. I know they were going back and forth in the comments, where BrickSpy thanked someone's comment and BrickQueen read it in a way that she felt it was attacking her (the commenter had two parts of the comment, one part was showing support for BrickSpy in the situation, the other part was saying that the commenter is unsubscribing from BrickQueen). I also think BrickQueen and BrickSpy agreed to do an interview about the LEGO Ideas situation (as he stated in the video), not sure what happened to that.

Again, I may be incorrect, as I looked up the whole situation late at night a few days ago.

Edited by just2good

Thanks for weighing in on this situation J2G. I forgot about the Lego Cuusoo/Ideas fiasco about her Jurassic Park idea being canned. Add that to the ongoing list I suppose. With this much controversy, it's a wonder why she's still afloat. Lord knows if Brick Show or any other big Lego YouTuber had this many incidents, they'd sink faster than a piece of lead.

Yeah, something doesn't sit right with me about Brickqueen...at first I thought her video reviews were kind of lame, since the only word she used to describe things was "cool." Then I found out about her getting kicked from Ideas, and I kind of felt sorry for her, but I couldn't make a decision because she only talked about her side of the story. Then I found out about her copying other peoples' work and found out she was a very rude individual. I happily unsubscribed 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: Now I remember why something didn't sit right - it seems she's getting more desperate to get viewers and most of her new set review thumbnails have her holding up a set. And she is showing her cleavage, which I think is kind of inappropriate considering kids watch her as well...

Edited by tfcrafter

I feel I should too, since I have J2G and Jangbricks as my top 2 Lego reviewers and J2G always seems to have the first pieces of news outside of Brick Show.

Well hello peeps! I guess it would be appropriate to throw in my two cents. LOL

I guess I'd like to start off by apologizing again to everyone who watches my channel, for taking the focus away from LEGO with this BQ feud. I was just so shocked when I logged into my YT account and found the big red flag about me committing copyright infringement against BQ, that I immediately posted a video about it.

I immediately emailed BQ a "Cease & Desist" notice, demanding her retract her claim within 24 hours, or I would be pursuing legal action (that may seem like overkill, but I was SO angry that I was falsely flagged, that's the first thing that came to my mind)

After I sent that email, minutes later a second video of mine was flagged, with a note from YT "If you receive one more strike, your account will be terminated". It seems YT doesn't investigate these claims, they just act on them immediately.

At that point I went into damage control mode. BQ emailed me back offering me a deal. If I agreed to remove all videos about her, and never speak of her again on my channel she will remove her claims. I emailed her back, with more talk of legal action, which must have made her a bit concerned as she emailed me again and advised me she had removed her claims (without me agreeing to her terms).

I then made her a counter-offer to her earlier request (that I remove the vids about her) and I said I would remove my past videos about her, and would contact her about any future videos relating to her so that she may offer a statement. I then added that I wanted her to agree to an interview about the LEGO Ideas controversy. She said it sounded like a good deal and agreed.

I kept my promise and removed all my videos about BQ, and emailed her to arrange an interview. She has not replied back to my emails, so I suspect it will not happen...

I probably shouldn't even be writing anything about this because I feel I will probably face more retaliation... My videos about BQ were not "attacking" her, but the content did not show her in a good light.

My damages were somewhat minimal... I lost several subs over it (I could literally see the sub count go down every time I looked at my YT dashboard). And I lost a lot of features (annotations, live videos, video length restrictions, so-on and so fourth). All features have been restored however...

Wow.

And here I thought she just used a little skeezy titillation (lit and fig.) To get viewers.

Going to say most of my fellow AFFOLs I've met have been so much nicer.

Wow.

And here I thought she just used a little skeezy titillation (lit and fig.) To get viewers.

Going to say most of my fellow AFFOLs I've met have been so much nicer.

Which I gotta be honest, she isn't all that attractive. I mean she isn't ugly or out right hit up. But she isn't a girl that you would expect to let them all hang out either. Which I think takes away from her channel, it doesn't add to it imo. Sure they all say, sex sells. So maybe its helped her out, IDK? But it does seem unnecessary to me. Especially since a lot of children watch her channel I bet.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Which I gotta be honest, she isn't all that attractive. I mean she isn't ugly or out right hit up. But she isn't a girl that you would expect to let them all hang out either. Which I think takes away from her channel, it doesn't add to it imo. Sure they all say, sex sells. So maybe its helped her out, IDK? But it does seem unnecessary to me. Especially since a lot of children watch her channel I bet.

I would have to agree with you, even though LEGO is now widely accepted as a toy for adults too, it has always been for the kids, and for her to be hanging out all over the place is disgusting and inappropriate. I would say it is not appropriate for anyone to flaunt themselves like that when their channel is geared toward kids, but ESPECIALLY when they look like BQ, she has nothing to show off! Well let me rephrase, she has A LOT to show off, but nothing anyone wants to see...

I would have to agree with you, even though LEGO is now widely accepted as a toy for adults too, it has always been for the kids, and for her to be hanging out all over the place is disgusting and inappropriate. I would say it is not appropriate for anyone to flaunt themselves like that when their channel is geared toward kids, but ESPECIALLY when they look like BQ, she has nothing to show off! Well let me rephrase, she has A LOT to show off, but nothing anyone wants to see...

I remember she did one Star Wars review dressed as Slave Leia. I get the theme, but Slave Leia is kind of a steamy costume, if you get me.