Sign in to follow this  
Beck

Where to buy Parts

Now that I am starting to have time to build again after a few months, I realized that I don't have many technic parts, or not enough to build anything substantial. Now, on to my question; Where do you buy bulk lego technic parts to start a new project? Any ideas?

www.bricklink.com

Create an account there, and off you go. Careful though, it is VERY addictive, and your wallet/purse may not like it.

Consider yourself WARNED!

Edited by DrJB

LOL, addictive. I,ve spent just under 1300 since the first of the year,with the 4 orders I put in today I may have gone over that.

I have to lie to my wife because of bricklink! it's amazing how fast 3c here and 12c there adds up.

Watch out for shipping charges, it can easily add up if you order from multiple stores.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

you do know there`s no cure! MAAHAHAHAHAH :devil:

Edited by dougstar

To be honest I do use Bricklink...but it's just old now....it's not as good as BrickOwl...the amazing tools Brickowl has and the all shopping experience it's 10 times better than Bricklink!

And at the end of the day most of the seller do have a shop on both platforms.

P.S. little suggestion: my shopping experience works this way: 3 google pages opened, in the first one there is Brick&Pieces, in the second one brickowl and in the third one Bricklink....I do check the prices of each part against all the platforms to see what's the cheapest...so at the end I have 3 basket with the lowest prices combinations! Hope it can help other people!

I've only tried bricklink so far, and while the platform is a blast from the past, I can get the stuff I want :)

Mind shipping AND custom fees, most sellers are serious people and will declare goods values accurately. You may want to buy want to avoid international sellers sometimes, I do when I want to order more than €50 and a Swiss seller has what I need at a reasonable price.

Also consider buying sets, of any size. I find Sariel's reviews very useful to decide which "parts packs" will fit me best.

Mind shipping AND custom fees, most sellers are serious people and will declare goods values accurately. You may want to buy want to avoid international sellers sometimes, I do when I want to order more than €50 and a Swiss seller has what I need at a reasonable price.

Do you know any good Swiss bricklink sellers as I live in Switzerland?

We have a total of 7 bricklink stores here in South Africa, and they have mostly system parts and like if we are lucky a handful of technic parts. So all my parts I have to import.

I dream of not having to pay huge shipping and customs.

I use Ebay, haven't used Bricklink as yet. Buy and Sell is also good for second hand sets or parts.

You can get sets cheap sometimes on Ebay, but as far as buying parts goes, sellers there charge way too much for parts. You can order them cheaper right from Lego shop at home's bricks&pieces section.

You can get sets cheap sometimes on Ebay, but as far as buying parts goes, sellers there charge way too much for parts. You can order them cheaper right from Lego shop at home's bricks&pieces section.

I mostly agree, but there are some vendors that have pretty good deals...if you looks around. It depends on how many parts you need...for big bulk orders Bricklink is the way to go.

But for smaller lots i find ebay quite good, and you do come across some rarther rare parts from time to time, but i agree mostly that ebay is more expensive.

Any time I check Lego Shop at Home Bricks and Pieces against Bricklink the are always way more expensive, that's if they have the required parts at all. Maybe it depends on what type of parts you are after. :classic:

Lego customer service now have online payment. Used it twice this year and just got my second delivery. It's so easy now it's dangerous.

Good luck buying your parts.

H

Do you know any good Swiss bricklink sellers as I live in Switzerland?

SwissBrickPlanet, as mentioned by miguev, is by far the largest store in Siwtzerland. I've found a lot of parts here.

I have also shopped at http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=blaupapaya1 and http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Brickych and was not disappointed. Generally I just look who has the parts I need, be it in Switzerland or outside. Most older or rarer parts can hardly be found locally, so you have to resort to other countries. If you live close to the border, you still have the possibility to have the goods sent to an address in an EU country and bring them in by yourself, so you save a lot on customs fees.

I shop around betwen Lego's site and Bricklink... While Bricklink's prices on most Technic parts are cheaper, you just can't beat that cheap $2.95(US) shipping from Lego regardless of how large the order is... Plus some specialized Technic parts are cheaper on Lego's site... Only time I ever buy from Ebay is if I see some rare part or a rare set that someone is selling...

Nothing like the smell of fresh Lego parts coming right from the source...