Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Journey's End

Meanwhile in the lands of always wint...er wrong story.

The cold, barren, frozen wastelands of the high mountain valleys of the Rakath Range are some of the most foreboding environments in Historica. But not to Gal-Turok and his Goblin hordes. These mountain peaks are his fortress. Countless miles of tunnels and caverns, each guarded by small watch towers and outposts, serve as high ways to a vast underground Empire. Lonely, desolate and chilling to the soul, this land is the perfect strong hold. Gal Turok has just arrived from overseeing clan meetings of the various tribes in Nocturnus, and has returned to start making preparations for war. He has pledged his support for the Desert King, not out of any sort of loyalty or brotherhood, but to show the might of the Goblin Empire, and why he is The Great Goblin Uniter.

4th Wall: Despite this being a heavily inspired Mitgardia build, I wanted to do another project that shows the Nocturnus is still more than dank swampland, hence the cold desolate feel. Hope you guys enjoy it.

1425244285m_DISPLAY.jpg

1425244296m_DISPLAY.jpg

1425244301m_DISPLAY.jpg

1425244321m_DISPLAY.jpg

Would like to make the following claims for UoP:

+1 Studs up rocks and cliffs

+1 Snow and Ice

+1 Waterfalls

+1 Fortification

Edited by blufiji

Beautiful build! The snow, ice, and rocks look amazing :wub_drool: Also great job with the water fall, and the tower looks great! :thumbup:

Wow. I haven't seen many snowy landscapes built at such a large scale, it looks amazing :wub:

The sturdy tower fits the scene nicely as well :thumbup:

Beautiful! Great rockwork, and the epic scale of the waterfall and build overall is really stunning. The lone tower on the cliffs is clean and elegant, and the cool still water above and below the falls are lovely.

One small quibble: while I enjoy the starry night background with the mountains, I think it would be more effective if the sides and base of the build were cropped. Overall, though, it's still one of the better examples of this concept! The cool lighting really helps to give that moonlit feel.

Very cool! It reminds me of the fight scene from the newest Hobbit where they take on Azog.

Love this! My new favorite from you!

Lol thanks sir I appreciate the comment.

This is really great! I love the ice and the rocky feel.

Thank you!

Beautiful build! The snow, ice, and rocks look amazing :wub_drool: Also great job with the water fall, and the tower looks great! :thumbup:

Thank you sir! I'm glad it impressed that much.

Wow. I haven't seen many snowy landscapes built at such a large scale, it looks amazing :wub:

The sturdy tower fits the scene nicely as well :thumbup:

I'm gladyou like the tower, even though I'll be the first to admit I got kinda lazy with it.

This is gorgeous, the frozen waterfall is perfectly done!

Thank you! That was actually the hardest part of the build, it took me a few rebuilds until I got to a place where I was happy with it.I just didn't want it to look like weird water and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Beautiful! Great rockwork, and the epic scale of the waterfall and build overall is really stunning. The lone tower on the cliffs is clean and elegant, and the cool still water above and below the falls are lovely.

One small quibble: while I enjoy the starry night background with the mountains, I think it would be more effective if the sides and base of the build were cropped. Overall, though, it's still one of the better examples of this concept! The cool lighting really helps to give that moonlit feel.

Thank you for pointing out the "small quibble". I was hoping that it was dark enough that it would blend the base into it, but seems you have a good eye.

Excellent build! Love the angled rocks!

Thank you sir!

Very cool! It reminds me of the fight scene from the newest Hobbit where they take on Azog.

I can see where it could remind you of that, but this build was inspired by a picture from Dragon Age inquisition. Thank you for the comment!

Edited by blufiji

Really nice frozen falls! The rockwork is great as well, and the light blue under the clear really gives it a frigid feel! :thumbup:

Stunning build Blufiji, such an amazing take on the Nocty landscape. The wintery landscape and ice is so well done it gives me chills! I love the angled portions of the cliffside, I know that can't have been the easiest thing to do. The frozen waterfall looks fantastic as well, the little patches of snow is a great touch. The outpost and starry photo are excellent as well. Really glad you joined Nocturnus my friend!

Excellent build, the light blue under the trans-clear gives it an extremely cold feel - not to mention all the snow and ice! :wink: Great rock-work and tower as well!

This is really great. I really love all of your rocks and the ice sickles are beautiful :wub: . My only complaint is the tower has a little too much Grey Wall Syndrome for my taste. Perhaps adding a few more jutting stones and maybe some 1x1 studs.

Really nice frozen falls! The rockwork is great as well, and the light blue under the clear really gives it a frigid feel! :thumbup:

Thank you for your great words Kai!

Stunning build Blufiji, such an amazing take on the Nocty landscape. The wintery landscape and ice is so well done it gives me chills! I love the angled portions of the cliffside, I know that can't have been the easiest thing to do. The frozen waterfall looks fantastic as well, the little patches of snow is a great touch. The outpost and starry photo are excellent as well. Really glad you joined Nocturnus my friend!

It took me a week and several rebuilds to get the ice and angled rock work to blend. I shudder to think about it still. Anyway I'm definitely happy to bolster Nocty with my builds and to build alongside you, Jorrith, Vladius, Captain Flint and Dubbagrim!

Excellent build, the light blue under the trans-clear gives it an extremely cold feel - not to mention all the snow and ice! :wink: Great rock-work and tower as well!

Thank you! I was hoping it came across as ice and I like how it came out.

Nice build ! Love the details ;)

Thank you sir!

This is really great. I really love all of your rocks and the ice sickles are beautiful :wub: . My only complaint is the tower has a little too much Grey Wall Syndrome for my taste. Perhaps adding a few more jutting stones and maybe some 1x1 studs.

I'm going to be honest and say I got lazy towards the end building the tower. The landscape took to long for what I had planned but that's the joy of trial and error. Thank you for your comment sir!

Great build. I like how you did the angles of the rock wall. And the tower is fantastic.

Very nice tower and landscaping! I love how the snow has a wind-shaped look suitable for the mountain setting. I'm however curious why there is no snow on the tower?