eric trax

[MOC] Claas Jaguar 900 + Orbis 600

For a long time I published nothing so little time to dust off this topic: D

The model on which I worked for 12 months is harvester Claas Jaguar 900. In a nutshell, the machine is designed to collect and chop corn. Chopped material goes onto the trailer and then to the silo where it gets feed for cows :D

jaguar_1.jpg

After the model I wanted to build another Holmer complex machine. Long wondered about the choice but in the end I decided to build Claas Jaguar 980. As it turned out it was impossible to model its shape nicely so I changed it to a model 900

dsc_0405.jpg

Drive and steering:

The model is powered by a four-wheel-PF XL motor. Of course, in the middle there are three differentials, one for each axis and between axes. Ratio is about 1: 9. XL engine copes remarkably well with the whole model, even with the attachment. I had to use tricks Unimog tires Tyre Power Puller after raising camper at almost 80% of the weight rests on the front axle. Unfortunately, I do not know the weight so I do not know how much it weighs a model, but I estimate about 4,5-5kg. Twisting model is done using controlled rear axle which is equipped with a transverse cradle like a real machine. The suspension works very well and the model overcomes obstacles easily height of 1.5 to 2 studs.

Mechanisms:

The whole model has nine motors, apart from the functions used to drive, the lifting attachment, driving the camper, cut side units, controlling the of the outlet pipe in two directions. At first it seemed to me that to fit it all going to be easy but with each engine was worse. The biggest problem that created the IR receivers are located in the rear of the machine. Lifting attachment is via the engine medium and two linear actuators. For the operation of the outlet pipe also responsible two medium motors. The mechanism driving the starter motor turn comes from Holmer and is adapted to the amount of space in forage harvester. In simple. The worm moving medium that drives the z24 and switch. This is blocked on one side.

jaguar_1.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_2.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_3.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_4.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_5.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_6.jpg_thumb.jpg jaguar_8.jpg_thumb.jpg orbis_1.jpg_thumb.jpg orbis_2.jpg_thumb.jpg orbis_3.jpg_thumb.jpg orbis_4.jpg_thumb.jpgjaguar_10.jpg_thumb.jpg

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.c...otos/eric_trax/

At the end of the video showing the model :)

Thanks for watching and comments :)

Edited by eric trax

Wow, that is simply fantastically good looking! It just looks so real! :thumbup:

Very impressive indeed! :classic:

omg, that does not look like Lego. It doesn't even look like a scale model. It actually looks exactly like the real thing. Amazing. Just simply lost for words.

This is incredibly beautiful. Are there painted parts or only official parts?

This is incredibly beautiful. Are there painted parts or only official parts?

Only weels are painted. Dishes don't look good :)

Very beautiful! It looks really realistic, not only in the pictures, but also when it moves in the video.

This and your Holmer Terra Dos T3 are the most realistic Technic models I have ever seen. Super.

Are they 100% Lego?

Any custom parts involved, apart from the painted wheels? This looks incredible.

Edited by jantjeuh

Any custom parts involved, apart from the painted wheels? This looks incredible.

No, I use only lego parts. Always :)

My jaw refuses to go back up again. Stunning piece of work. The color scheme is on the spot. A new candidate for the HoF.

Everytime I see these kind of moc's im going to sit in the corner of my room, just crying till I convice myself I can do it too. Then the next one comes along..... :devil:

Edited by Jelmer

Fantastic MOC. That lime green really stands out and everything is so well scaled.

Really good work, I don't know about the HoF but I'm sure this would have gone into Sariel's last book :)

For ndered about the choice but in the end I decided to build Claas Jaguar 980.

just one comment - I do not remember that claas uses portal axles on any harvester, so I would prefer that you use those parts for front axle

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92909 and

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=11950

:wink:

Edited by Blakbird
Removed large quote.

just one comment - I do not remember that claas uses portal axles on any harvester, so I would prefer that you use those parts for front axle

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=92909 and

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=11950

:wink:

You're right, but only half. In fact, Claas use portal axles because the reduction in the drive is located in the hub (planetary hub reduction) or inside the axle. Bricks at this scale does not allow such a solution. :)

Edited by eric trax