legoguy1984

what do you call your lego city/ names for lego city?

What are some of the names for lego cities that you have created. Still in the early phases of getting sets and bricks but was thinking of a name and just wondered what is out there. My suggestions are:

New Brickia

Studs Ville

Brick topic

That's all I got. Let's hear your suggestions.

Sorry that last one is supposed to say Bricktopia.

Stupid autocorrect.

Stupid autocorrect.

Funny. I was thinking about this today. I need a name, too. I'm from Michigan, and one of my favorite cities is Ann Arbor. I think I'm going with Brick Arbor.

I call my fictional town Ironwood, but I've borrowed some names from real life, such as former railroad station "Barrett", plus the towns of "Glencoe" and "Washington" which are all in Missouri and on the 1850's main line of the Pacific Railroad of Missouri. (not related to the more recent Missouri Pacific)

Edited by Murdoch17

When I was a child, I called my LEGO city/town for Legoby. That is Danish for Lego City or Lego Town. So far, I stick to this name.

Well, for those who are new around here, my Aussie town layout is called New Mannum after the town where my family tree in Oz started back in 1840.

I have another town that comes and goes, called Port Belair......a modern day village/seaside town in Avalonia (part of historic guilds here on EB).

That's one I think of using, along with "Blondiopolis" after an old nickname of mine (that provides part of the basis for my screen handle here and a few other places), and the ever-popular "Tabletown".

Somebody here used "Studdington" which I though was clever. I came up with "Clutchton" for my town but it hasnt really stuck yet. I live in the town of New Bern so I could use "New Brick" or "New Block".

I had already thought of calling mine Hemlock Falls, then I thought it would be more clever to call it Hemblock Falls. The b could be silent like in dumb or not. Idk.

My old town was called Brickenridge, after the Colorado town of Breckenridge. The new modular city I'm building is called San Godofredo--it's meant to evoke San Francisco or many of the towns in the American Southwest. "Godofredo" is the Spanish form of "Godtfred," after Godtfred Kirk Christiansen.

I called mine "Kendallshire" after my wife and I's family names, Kendall and Derbyshire.

She builds many of the buildings "Modulars" and I build the roads, vechiles, trains ect

Mine is Wasabi District --- I build relatively oversized minifig-scale buildings and roads so my 'town' won't actually include everything that a town/city needs, just a 'district' :grin:

What are some of the names for lego cities that you have created. Still in the early phases of getting sets and bricks but was thinking of a name and just wondered what is out there.

My personal LEGO town is called Stackton. My club, VicLUG, calls our collaborative town builds: Bricktoria.

I have also tried to compile a gazetteer of such names in BrickWiki but as is common, I have not been able to keep up. Maybe I can use this thread to help bring it more up to date. :wink:

To avoid the "brick" cliché TrentonC mentioned, the name I finally decided to use for my city, "Port Birch", is kinda based on the name of the street I'm living in now. Though I did think about a combination with the German word "Stein" = brick - since that also means rock/stone, there are quite a few actual towns with "Stein" in their name...

"Time consuming."

"Expensive."

I laughed really hard at this.

I would like this to be a list of names that anyone looking for inspiration will want to read through.

I also think the names with a Lego reference are cliche but at the same time it just fits and there are some wonderfully imaginative names out there.

Donnaton is another one I call towns in games and is based on my significant others' name.

Back when I used to make my Lego comics, i always referred to my town as "Fluxington" because it's always in flux.

I've always loved the names of rural English villages, and my town is pretty small due to lack of space, so mine is Studs upon Tubes.

I've always loved the names of rural English villages, and my town is pretty small due to lack of space, so mine is Studs upon Tubes.

:laugh: My favorite so far!

Can I play too?

Little Building

Tile-over-Plate