SarahJoy

Ruadhi Husbandry (HSS Agriculture: Livestock)

Designed by students and funded by alumni, the Kennel of Ruadh is one of the settlement's architectural curiosities. The stained-glass canopy is a marvel of glasswork and magic, held together with enchanted githril. Here, the famed Belville mastiffs are bred and trained to serve as companions and protectors to Ruadhic artists. Locals just call it the kennel; tourists somewhat mockingly call it the Canine Cathedral.

16062325253_ed465d5691_z.jpg

Lady Siedna and her husband Mateus pay a visit to the kennel.

16062324983_68ab6cbf53.jpg

An artist teaches a puppy basic obedience skills while her friend looks on.

16062324933_5a2e4d25ab.jpg

Throughout the day, students muck out the kennels, a task made more difficult by mischievous young puppies.

16062324973_fec9cafacd.jpg

After filling the food dish with scraps, a student reaches through the fencing to play with a young pup. Meanwhile, an instructor attempts to teach proper grooming techniques to his distracted student.

16062325613_dece626f36.jpg

The kennel at sunrise.

I'd like to claim UoP Credits for:

- Architecture: Roofing: Roof 2/3

- General Building: Minifig Posing

- Agriculture and Zoology: Raising Livestock

The build itself is absolutely excellent. However, I'm not very convinced of those friends animals in connection to normal minifigs.

Lovely and humorous. UoP DoH +1 on all claims.

Oh, kabel, those dogs are from the old Belville line.

What an unusual and beautiful build. I actually like these dogs figs because they add more variety to the existing Lego dog breeds which are basically like... chihuahua, german shepard, huskie, and cutesy Friends puppies. These big dogs look like mastiffs.

Beautiful build, Sarah! :wub: I love the ground texturing, and that last picture is gorgeous!

I also really like the water trough :thumbup: +1 UoP on all claims :classic:

That is incredible. Simply incredible.

You don't have a higher angle that shows the pattern better, do you?

That roof is amazing! Great Moc!

Thank you! :classic:

The build itself is absolutely excellent. However, I'm not very convinced of those friends animals in connection to normal minifigs.

Thanks, kabel! As gendren_y pointed out, they're actually from the old Belville line, but that doesn't change your concerns. The scale is obviously off, but in a world with minotaurs and magic, oversized dogs seem plausible. The molds themselves are pretty dough-y looking, by today's Lego standards, but they're the only piece that vaguely resembles Labradors (my dog) and are thus far the only black dog piece, so they'll have to do. On the bright side, their relative rarity makes it easy for me to declare them a unique Ruadhi breed.

Awesome design for the roof! Great build!

Thanks Mike!

Lovely and humorous. UoP DoH +1 on all claims.

Oh, kabel, those dogs are from the old Belville line.

Thank you, and thanks for the +1!

Wow. You are truly a master at Kaliphlin building!

Thank you! :blush:

That is definitely an innovative roof!

Thanks Cap!

What an unusual and beautiful build. I actually like these dogs figs because they add more variety to the existing Lego dog breeds which are basically like... chihuahua, german shepard, huskie, and cutesy Friends puppies. These big dogs look like mastiffs.

Thank you! I agree, we definitely need more "real" dog options.

Nice and unusual roof design :classic:

UoP +1

Thanks Gideon, and thank you for the +1!

I really love that roof design, though it does seem a little out of place at a kennel.

Thanks! It's a bit ridiculous, isn't it? The Ruadhi prize their dogs, and as artists are a bit eccentric; they love the kennel. I have to assume the rest of GoH finds such extravagance to be a silly waste of resources.

Beautiful build, Sarah! :wub: I love the ground texturing, and that last picture is gorgeous!

I also really like the water trough :thumbup: +1 UoP on all claims :classic:

Thank you LJ! :blush: And thanks for the +1.

Awesome build ! Love the roof !

Thanks Brick Man!

That is incredible. Simply incredible.

You don't have a higher angle that shows the pattern better, do you?

Thank you! I don't have any nice photos from a higher angle, but here's one I posted earlier, cropped differently to show more roof and less minifig, and a WIP photo:

16687845281_46330da2ba.jpg 16501784630_296c02f7fb.jpg

It's a bit of a modified herringbone pattern.

That roof! Wonderful job on the furbiture and uniqueness!

Thank you blufiji!

Edited by SarahJoy

Beautiful roof! I agree that the larger belivlle dogs look slightly out of scale, but I am ok with it and like the idea of a unique breed. The puppies however are scaled perfecty for lego minifigures.

Great build Sarah, especially the roof but the little details inside the kennel are really nice too!

Edit: +1 for the UoP credits!

Edited by Kai NRG

Very nice build SarahJoy, I particularly like the shape and colors of the roof :thumbup:

I really love that roof design, though it does seem a little out of place at a kennel.

I have to say that when I first saw it I expected something more like an orchestra than a kennel! :laugh:

What a gorgeous building :wub: Fabulous roof and the curved fence looks great.

Superb minifig posing too :thumbup:

A superb build, Ruadh is certainly becoming a city of beauty and wonder! If so much artistic endeavor went into the kennel, I can barely imagine what styles the main buildings of the city have crafted!

The Bellville pups look good here, as does the landscaping. Nice work!

I really love this buildingstyle!! So colourfull in a tan surrounding!! Excellent moc!