So I created this topic because I thought that having a topic for all of technic records would be an good and interesting idea. So I belive that I know a few:

Fastest electric powered lego trike/car:

Sariel's amazing torpedo trike

Fastest electric powered boat:

Slewentogzz's impressive power hungry speed boat

Largest(maybe fastest) lpe powered car:

From the Super Awesome Micro Project, this mad machine:

Please share other technic records and add your own!

If I have made any mistakes please correct me.

Thanks for mentioning me. I just wanted to point out that argument can be made about the last entry being only partially Lego. While the engine itself seems to be all Lego, which is really impressive, many elements that are crucial for this car to work such as chassis, driveshafts, bearings and wheels, have nothing to do with Lego. One could say that they were perhaps necessary for the project to work at all, but still, calling it a "Lego car" seems a bit stretched. "Actual car with bits of Lego on it" would be more accurate.

Also, I was never sure my trike was the fastest out there. It was just the fastest I was able to build :)

Edited by Sariel

Thanks for mentioning me. I just wanted to point out that argument can be made about the last entry being only partially Lego. While the engine itself seems to be all Lego, which is really impressive, many elements that are crucial for this car to work such as chassis, driveshafts, bearings and wheels, have nothing to do with Lego. One could say that they were perhaps necessary for the project to work at all, but still, calling it a "Lego car" seems a bit stretched. "Actual car with bits of Lego on it" would be more accurate.

Also, I was never sure my trike was the fastest out there. It was just the fastest I was able to build :)

Yes that is true that it's not really 100% lego but it does hold the record for the biggest lpe. For your trike, I have seen a couple videos that have faster lego car but they were tested down rather steep hills so it is very fair because you tested it on a flat ground which actually shows performance.

Fastest electric powered boat:

Slewentogzz's impressive power hungry speed boat

I would like to see what this boat is capable of if it used better propellers. Efferman makes some much better with 3D printing. As you can see I am not much of a purist......

Great topic, but when speaking of records i would like to see some hard numbers. So people will know what they have to beat. Sariel's trike is listed as 20,78 km/h. Great, but what about Slewentogzz's boat? It is fast, but how fast? As Sariel, i have some reservations about including the life size car.

Other nice entries might be: tallest building, most pulling power, climbing the steepest incination, fastest walker, fastest sailboat, most bricks used...

Edited by Kelkschiz

Right now I'm trying to break the speed record for the fastest motorcycle, and I think I just have. The batteries are charging up so we'll see...

... fastest sailboat ...

Might need hydrofoils and a very smooth water surface

But, wait: sailboat requires sail/wind and that very same wind creates too much water surface agitation. This in turn requires a bigger boat.

All in all, not sure if at all feasible :grin:

Edited by DrJB

Great topic, but when speaking of records i would like to see some hard numbers. So people will know what they have to beat. Sariel's trike is listed as 20,78 km/h. Great, but what about Slewentogzz's boat? It is fast, but how fast? As Sariel, i have some reservations about including the life size car.

Other nice entries might be: tallest building, most pulling power, climbing the highest incination, fastest walker, fastest sailboat, most bricks used...

I wonder :wink:

I guess Burf2000 gets the one for most weight carried.

Edited by allanp

I guess Burf2000 gets the one for most weight carried.

And most NXTs used!

Should we post videos guys of possible 'contenders' or is it too much of a hassle?

Might need hydrofoils and a very smooth water surface

But, wait: sailboat requires sail/wind and that very same wind creates too much water surface agitation. This in turn requires a bigger boat.

All in all, not sure if at all feasible :grin:

Actually... my current project is about using hydrofoils... hydrofoils on sailboats have been done of course, but on a lego boat is will be very difficult, yet it is something i would like to try at some point...

I wonder :wink:

I guess you might have some candidates for that :wink: like:

Edited by Kelkschiz

Any idea what the smallest Technic MOC with PF is?

PF only or can it use parts from the 9 Volt systems? That micro motor sure is small...

Actually... my current project is about using hydrofoils... hydrofoils on sailboats have been done of course, but on a lego boat is will be very difficult

I wonder which is harder... getting good performance out of Lego sails or Lego foils? I've looked at the available sails and decided that it's do-able but tricky. I haven't really looked at foils except to wonder if a putting curve on the big helicopter rotor might make it usable as a V-shaped foil.

Part of the "Lego Records" is deciding just how purist we want to get. The LPE car is one end, it's a car with some Lego involved. At the other is the "only unmodified Lego elements used" (except for batteries?). Do we allow stuff like the s-brick or the various Lego-compatible accessories (thinking specifically of non-Lego tyres and various metal linear actuators). The problem is that to get something like a Lego flying machine is difficult-to-impossible but people will want to try, and use different non-Lego bits to make it work.

Actually... my current project is about using hydrofoils... hydrofoils on sailboats have been done of course, but on a lego boat is will be very difficult, yet it is something i would like to try at some point...

I guess you might have some candidates for that :wink: like:

On Jerry's 8x8x8 does anyone know if he was pulling those models with or without the motors installed? One of the models he was pulling was 41999, which has a motor. If so, the resistence is much, much higher. If not, not to put down Jerry's work or anything, but the resistence is not that much. Even if there are nine vehicles. I recently just posted a video on here

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106413

where I was also pulling things. Two RC cars and one 8070. The 8070 did not have a motor in it and therefore although at roughly 1400 grams (with all my additions) it added very little resistence (aside from the fact that it would not pull straight. It went sideways and therefore added more resistence). The two other models both had motors. One brushed and one brushless. I can tell you from experiementing that the brushed motored car, at only 1500 grams offered 4x the resistence to the other models being pulled. I would be willing to bet that my model posted above could pull nine vehicles, if there were no motors in them. If there are motors.... then well.... prbably not. Also.... his is pulling a tracked vehicle, which is impressive. When looking @ pulling power, the record should reflect actual resistence, not weight. Weight, if through a platform of little resistence (think of trains. No rubber on concrete. steele on steel) is much less impressive then actual resistence pulled.

On Jerry's 8x8x8 does anyone know if he was pulling those models with or without the motors installed? One of the models he was pulling was 41999, which has a motor. If so, the resistence is much, much higher. If not, not to put down Jerry's work or anything, but the resistence is not that much. Even if there are nine vehicles. I recently just posted a video on here

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=106413

where I was also pulling things. Two RC cars and one 8070. The 8070 did not have a motor in it and therefore although at roughly 1400 grams (with all my additions) it added very little resistence (aside from the fact that it would not pull straight. It went sideways and therefore added more resistence). The two other models both had motors. One brushed and one brushless. I can tell you from experiementing that the brushed motored car, at only 1500 grams offered 4x the resistence to the other models being pulled. I would be willing to bet that my model posted above could pull nine vehicles, if there were no motors in them. If there are motors.... then well.... prbably not. Also.... his is pulling a tracked vehicle, which is impressive. When looking @ pulling power, the record should reflect actual resistence, not weight. Weight, if through a platform of little resistence (think of trains. No rubber on concrete. steele on steel) is much less impressive then actual resistence pulled.

As it says in description the 41999, yellow offrader and the small offroader all had stuck wheels. Oh and the orange truck too.

Edited by Zblj

Oooooopps :blush: SHould have read more carefully. Thanks for clarifying..... With that clarification, your build is truly a torque wielding, Technic pulling monster!

I looked back.....I just looked at the forum but did not watch the vid. Looks like it says it in the video not the forum. Either way, my bad....