Sign in to follow this  
Tombacus

[MOC] Modular Bike Shop and Cafe 31026 (WIP)

This is my first attempt at a modular MOC. I based it on the 31026 Bike Shop and Cafe. There are two sets in the build plus a number extra bricks for the walls. I wanted to keep the build true to the original design as much as I could.

16651086756_3de97507d1_c.jpg

I really wanted to have windows on both sides of the door for the bike shop, but that made the building 18 studs wide. I came up with the corner idea to allow me the wider facade.

16675663291_78178cb240_c.jpg

No interior yet. That is my next project. Ideas for what to put on the second and third floors?

16677021935_4a6c4e3c3b_c.jpg

There are more shots of the building here https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5nxUrF

Looks great, very inspiring. I like the area design. Anyway A+

Excellent work so far 'Tombacus'......I can't wait to see the interiors done.......Brick On 'Tombacus' ! :grin:

Looks great so far! Love the combination of spaces that you have created. I'm looking forward to seeing the interior!

I like this very much – very impressive! I especially like the way you make it look like two different buildings. And the way you preserved the original architecture is very impressive, too!

great idea, great execution.

cool and smooth looking modular, perfect way of combinin city and modular

This is a nice MOC/MOD. I immediately though "this is how it should've been done in the first place". Nice build!

Wow, great work! I especially love the colors and the technique used for that red roof.

As for interior ideas, the second floor of the cafe could be the kitchen and more seating areas, while the third floor looks like it could make a nice studio apartment. Another option could make only the first floor as the cafe, and the second and third floors as a larger apartment. Maybe include a small stage area in the cafe for entertainment/music performers? Maybe make a bar so patrons can sit at the counter with the barista?

I look forward to the completion of the interior!

Very nice! In the second picture, the awning part above the windows, using the 1x1 studs, great detail. It took me a second to even realize how you got that look with the little spaces. The drawn curtains are a nice touch as well.