WesternOutlaw

Skeleton Pirates Meet Castle

8-| How come the skeleton-pirate captain has a bicorne ??? I believe the pirates of that time looked very much like vikings...

The knights and the set in general is not that bad (considering also that the Knights Kingdom II series was awful... with all those flashy colours and all the stuff, yerk! :-X ). Nice review.

Edited by Lord Beckett

You are probably right! But considering the fact we are talking about SKELETON Pirates, I don't think reality is important in the issue! :-P

You are probably right! But considering the fact we are talking about SKELETON Pirates, I don't think reality is important in the issue! :-P

How dare you question the existence of skeleton pirates? Never heard of the curse on Cort

Great pics and information! *y*

This set was one that hadn't made my "to buy" list, and now it has. I'm not that impressed with any single part of it and will probably never build it even vaguely as suggested, but it will serve well for parts, which is actually better. I don't know why, but if I really love a set, I have to buy multiples, one to keep "as suggested" and others for parts. I can save myself one set on this one.

I really like the idea of skeletal pirates and since this is fiction, I don't think it matters that the captain has a pirate hat.

I've been toying with this set over the past week and must say that I really like the ship. It's a lot of fun with the gun on the front and the catapult on the castle structure. You can create some great sea/land battles with it. Also, the more and more I look at the ship, the more I like its design. I would say that it really grows on you. I give this set a *y* *y* up!

I finally got this set today, and my Castle lineup for this year is complete. I was disappointed at the use of dark blue for the water as it doesn't match the moat I built around my Castle and if I'm to integrate the two, I'll have to buy more plates, but hey-ho. It's a nice little harbour, although why the treasure chest is sitting outside waiting for any Tom Dick or Harry Skeleton to steal it is beyond me.

As for the ship, it's stunted but very cool - my sail wasn't creased at all luckily and it looks great.

I do have an extra 4x1 grey plate left over that I can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions - I've used all the ones I had to use, seems odd for an extra part.

Dr. S.

Thanks for the review *y* I was very let down by the ship when I first saw it... "where's the rest of it!?" was my first thought. When finished it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would... but I would have rather paid an extra $10 and gotten a fuller ship. The wall I enjoyed putting together, and it had some nice touches. There's really only two things about it that bother me... 1) why have the treasure in the front? And 2) why is the room with the roof so small and the roof so low? Overall a good set, though of the seven new Castle sets this year, I'd probably rank it in the bottom two. I guess that says something about how much I like the Castle theme this year.

I do have an extra 4x1 grey plate left over that I can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions - I've used all the ones I had to use, seems odd for an extra part.

Dr. S.

About that plate... I had that too, and so being the methodical person I am, I went back through every page... and I found where I think it's supposed to be. When you are building the dock, and are placing the 4x6 brown plate at the very end, if you look closely you'll see that on the next instruction that plate has the 1x4 under it! There's never any indication that it should be put there, and I can't really figure out what purpose it serves, but it's definitely there :)

About that plate... I had that too, and so being the methodical person I am, I went back through every page... and I found where I think it's supposed to be. When you are building the dock, and are placing the 4x6 brown plate at the very end, if you look closely you'll see that on the next instruction that plate has the 1x4 under it! There's never any indication that it should be put there, and I can't really figure out what purpose it serves, but it's definitely there :)

Oh, cool, thanks!

Oh well, I've modified mine now anyway (see the "Pimp My Castle" thread) but good to know I wasn't completely insane.

Dr. S.

Yes, i did a lot of checking about that extra brick myself.... it's really a strange part to be extra, but you can well put it under the roof next to the same 1x4 (you move the original one to the left/right for two and place the spare one next to it, i think it also looks better).

btw, is it also normal that you get a spare head in 7094 castle? The one with white beard..

Edited by Wolfpack

Yes, i did a lot of checking about that extra brick myself.... it's really a strange part to be extra, but you can well put it under the roof next to the same 1x4 (you move the original one to the left/right for two and place the spare one next to it, i think it also looks better).

btw, is it also normal that you get a spare head in 7094 castle? The one with white beard..

Nope, didn't get a spare head with 7094.

Dr. S.

Got this set last night and built it today. i really like it, very different then any castle set before.

i really liked the texture on the gates and castle wall. im gunna hopefully get the large castle and make these one large castle. the ship wasnt bad, but seems kind of imcomplete. they should have included another section like the front for the back to make it look longer and like a real ship. for the price i think they could have done it.

overall i like it, probaly one of the best castle sets since the classic era.

This set looks good, but in my opinion this should only be $50, not $70. However, i guess this is what to expect these days with Lego. :-|

Well I dont have this set yet but I asked my girlfriend to get it for me for Christmas, so hopefully I get it before next month is up.

Anyway I would like this set alot because I've been wanting to add a water element to my castle display in anticipation of next years 7048 Troll's Attack Ship.

canadianD, that's already been posted in the Pirates section. ;-)

~Peace

Edited by iamded

canadianD, that's already been posted in the Pirates section. ;-)

~Peace

Oh sorry :-$ i guess i shoulda taken a look but i was putting it up for scorps skeleton ship.

Oh sorry :-$ i guess i shoulda taken a look but i was putting it up for scorps skeleton ship.

It is a great MOC though.

I am looking to buy this set, but I haven't been able to find it online yet.

I so want this set!!!!

Please don't bump four and a half year old topics to only tell us how much you want this set. Thank you.