djblank

Custom LEGO Jabba’s Palace, Droid Dungeon, and Rancor Pit

I decided to make my own version of Jabba's palace. It was made from 3 Jabba palaces and 3 Rancor pits and 2 big cups of extra bricks from the Lego store. I also made some custom figures to fill the palace.

l01_zpsqipgiszp.jpg

l02_zps1pfzprnu.jpg

l03_zpsjad7k8ai.jpg

l04_zpswg4r0oqd.jpg

l05_zpsdmzcgcah.jpg

l06_zpslezfjei9.jpg

l07_zpsilx3n99f.jpg

l08_zpslcswylps.jpg

l09_zps4znlyypt.jpg

Really nice work .... well laid out. The additions feel very official LEGO - which is cool. And the custom figures top it off. That would be lots of fun to have on display and look at it (and show it off). well done and thanks for the share !!

Really cool. Your customs are top notch. How bad was the smell when you cut the heads off the taun-tauns? :laugh:

Thanks Everyone.

Here's some better photos of the custom figures.

f05_zpsqda2glhx.jpg

f03_zpszcqhltbx.jpg

f04_zpszqykartv.jpg

f06_zpsyqxbo3ax.jpg

f01_zpsubiw7nyg.jpg

f02_zpsoqg4zmvh.jpg

f07_zpshky0epwp.jpg

Really cool. Your customs are top notch. How bad was the smell when you cut the heads off the taun-tauns? :laugh:

Now I know the smell Han was talking about. The smell of burning plastic.

Great work, your custom figures are brilliant. I'm really looking forward to seeing more MOC's from you.

Outstanding work. The Yak Face custom fig made me laugh out loud - so cool. Thanks for sharing!

With all this extra minifigs it really look like Jabba is having a awesome party. It looks so natural i could swear its original set :P

Good job on the minifigures! I really want an official Amanaman, Yakface, Tessek and the rest of the Sy Snootles band, but you did really well. Is the one in red snaggletooth?

And did you decapitate those Tauntauns?

This is really an impressive MOC. And those customs are outstanding; they’re professionally done, very accurate and detailed, and the colors are spot on. Please make more of those, perhaps a Cantina scene with more of your customs next time?

Thanks Everyone!

Good job on the minifigures! I really want an official Amanaman, Yakface, Tessek and the rest of the Sy Snootles band, but you did really well. Is the one in red snaggletooth?

And did you decapitate those Tauntauns?

The little red guy is my attempt at Yoxgit a ugnaught that was in Jabba's palace.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoxgit

p049_zpssotcgt46.jpg

Yes, I did chop the heads off of two tauntauns.

p20150206_zpspxa1uzhm.jpg

Nice work. It's like an official Lego set, including key movie scenes. Those custom figs are impressive.

How about trying a few embossed bricks 98283 on the walls as a finishing touch?

Thanks for the great comments everyone! Glad I was able to share.

Great work djblank! Any tips on how to make customs like these ones?

If you mean the palace, I just bought 3 Palaces and 3 Rancor pits. I built one lego rancor pit and half of the lego jabba palace and then took the bricks from the other 4 sets and kept expanding.

For the figures I sculpted the heads myself with Aves epoxy sculpt and the decals for the chests were from http://www.fineclonier.com/