Hello everybody.

My next MOC is a mini T815 with 8 x 8 drive powered by 2 x L.

The model was built to climb the maximum possible slope, while looking good and having high ground clearance.

Therefore, the cabin is very heavy too, and all weight very low to stop it from falling over.

It also enough torque so as never to run out. Suspension is half-axles, tatra style.

16641239316_1d73a5f25a_h.jpg

A video showing all the features:

Another title photo

16479585478_3c2a1809d6_h.jpg

And showing the mechanics:

16479590078_1a572e9e67_h.jpg

I hope you all like it!

Awesome build, great offroad performance and speed!

Thanks! originally I wanted it to be very fast, to minimize the trouble with too much torque.

Then I decided to make it be good at slopes, so I geared down the L's a lot.

Nice model. This thing has alot of torque. What gearing did you use (what is the gear ratio)? Also, which battery box did you use?

Edited by sama

The only thing I do not like on it is the red smallest panel (I do not remember it's dimensions) filling the side of the cabin. But everything other on this truck is awesome.

And, it reminds me Madoca's T813. I can't deciede whether it is good or bad. It is just fact. ;)

The only thing I do not like on it is the red smallest panel (I do not remember it's dimensions) filling the side of the cabin. But everything other on this truck is awesome.

And, it reminds me Madoca's T813. I can't deciede whether it is good or bad. It is just fact. ;)

It was hard to do better in such a small place, and Madoca's does indeed look similar.

Nice model. This thing has alot of torque. What hearing did you use (what is the gear ratio)? Also, which battery box did you use?

I used a rechargeable battery box, tucked in at the back of the cabin, and gearing 2:1 for each L.

I like the fact that the axles are in line with each other however I am not familiar with true Tata wheel alignment. Looks awesome at a great small scale!

I like the fact that the axles are in line with each other however I am not familiar with true Tata wheel alignment. Looks awesome at a great small scale!

In real life, the axles are all driven by a single central drive shaft, and are in line with each other. I used two drive shafts to allow skid steering.

The suspension reminds me of ZBLJ's mini trial trucks from a few years ago:

p1140959.jpg

Just wanted to say that :laugh:

How did you make suspension?

Just wanted to say that :laugh:

How did you make suspension?

:laugh: You're MOC was used as a baseline. I wanted to make a more powerful version. But the chassis is really similar otherwise.

The suspension is made for side to side, not up and down, to handle terrain, not comfort.

Here's a picture:

16487449288_48826ba628_h.jpgDSC01100 by teo_technic, on Flickr

It uses rubber bands and rubber 1x2's.

Edited by Teo LEGO Technic

So its simillar suspension as my version? I'd like to yours in more detail.

Yes, the suspension is similar, except for the front-most which uses rubber bands in a way that allows up and down, and side to side motion, so that the truck does not flip when it hits an object at high speed.

Impressive speed and climb!

shame its only skid steer - but tat this scale and in the dirt that is probably an advantage!

Impressive speed and climb!

shame its only skid steer - but tat this scale and in the dirt that is probably an advantage!

Thanks! It's true, skid steer is not as cool, but I was doing everything to keep it small and powerful to climb the 70 degree slope!

What is skid steer? Also, ZLBJ, do you have an LXF of your version? So it could be converted to this guy's MOC?

I used ZBLJ's idea for the suspension, but the chassis and body are original.

Also skid steer is where either side of a car are separately powered to steer when turned in opposite directions, like a tank.

I used ZBLJ's idea for the suspension, but the chassis and body are original.

Also skid steer is where either side of a car are separately powered to steer when turned in opposite directions, like a tank.

Alright, thanks!

It shouldn't be too hard to make an LXF of this. I can start it, if anyone wants to help, I could finish it in way less time.

I'm starting off with ZBLJ's LXF. I'll change the body later. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ClftNJdh9_REdTcUs4T0M1NHM/view?usp=sharing