LegoSjaak

Lego Modular City Square

Great lay out! You may want to reconsider the position of your FB because you don't want to have your Minifigs on the square overrun by the firetrucks!

Great lay out! You may want to reconsider the position of your FB because you don't want to have your Minifigs on the square overrun by the firetrucks!

There is a small 8 wide lane in between the square and the modulars.....so, the firetrucks can go easily... :wink:

Nice layout, should add two inverted corners in there?

That would be a nice next project...an inverted corner building.. The left corner doesn't look that bad with the cafe corner standing close to the Market Street... it is some kind of natural way to the backside of the buildings....

I love this City Square!!!

Thanks Serpico, and it is all thanks to you, as i was 100% inspired by your magnificent layout! So credits to you as well!!

That looks totally AWESOME 'LegoSjaak' ! :grin:

It fits perfectly and doesn't look out of place at all......car free zone eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'LegoSjaak' ! :grin:

Your City square goes well with the modular buildings. Especially with the extended ones it gives the impression to be in the middle of the city. Now you could add benches, so that the people can rest and enjoy the view to the historic houses :sweet:

Nope, too big. :wink:

What would look nice is a gazebo in the middle with a band or maybe someone giving a speech.

This is lovely, especially when seeing it together with the modulars. I think I will build some sort of city square for my modulars as well! :)

It does need a few more minifigs though IMO. :)

This is lovely, especially when seeing it together with the modulars. I think I will build some sort of city square for my modulars as well! :)

It does need a few more minifigs though IMO. :)

There will be more minifigs present soon.. have to see where a put them as i have some other plans to put on the square. I will also move the Townhall about 8-10 studs to the left... The whole square has a nice atmosphere when you see it in real life.. it really feels like it is alive! The tan and dark tan colors make it feel warm!

Nope, too big. :wink:

What would look nice is a gazebo in the middle with a band or maybe someone giving a speech.

I have plans for one... :wink: ....the two fellows making music should get a cover, sooner or later...! Maybbe something like the 10222 Winter Village Post Office, but then a bit larger and with 6 or 8 sides....

Your City square goes well with the modular buildings. Especially with the extended ones it gives the impression to be in the middle of the city. Now you could add benches, so that the people can rest and enjoy the view to the historic houses :sweet:

Yep, benches are on the list..!! I should get a bench there for myself... just watching the layout...!

That looks totally AWESOME 'LegoSjaak' ! :grin:

It fits perfectly and doesn't look out of place at all......car free zone eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'LegoSjaak' ! :grin:

Indeed, it is a carfree zone.. you see it more here in the Netherlands....! I'm really happy with it!

This is the best square i ever seen. You do a great job here. Everything look perfect. and with the modulare around it's look awesome.

What the...........Thats a brilliant square...........

True Car Freezone .............But for Holland .....less bicycles in your square eh ! :tongue:

I decided to do some updating on my square. Here is a drawing i made from the current layout. I will change the sidewalks between the modulars and the square. It measures a surface of 8 x 128 studs that i will have to fill with 18 pcs 8 x 16 tan baseplates with tiles on it! Currently there are some Dark Bluish Gray 8 x 16 tiles that are meant to be a sidewalk or path for bicycles....The whole layout measures 176 x 320 studs, which is about 140 cm x 256 cm or 55 x 100 inches. (Notice that i made larger versions of 7 out of 10 modulars by using two sets of each............. 18449047399_4a7afd8d8e_b.jpg18422707020_ed238a0acb.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

Wow that is looking epic! Well done :)

Can't wait to see the modulates in place.

I just put 12 benches in the layout, so the minifigs can enjoy the square whilst sitting.. I also made a sort of fence with lots of black chains and telescopes...Now i'm waiting for 18 tan baseplates (8 x 16) so i can tile the pavement between the modulars and the square. It will be a path for cyclists! 18589927409_3c2a1335cc_c.jpg18153486764_e8a3f612a6_c.jpg

Ooh man, it looks so good with the modulars! Nice colour design also!

Your square was a huge inspiration forr my small car-free street.

Pre conversion:

M24QCMlh.jpg

A cramped street with small sidewalks and a lot of traffic.

After the conversion:

eNPnG36h.jpg

vTyV5U2h.jpg

Now it's a car free public space for our citizens with benches, trees and flower beds. A farmers marked is held nearly every day and to add more safety for our pedestrians the new crosswalk is ruled by a traffic light.

Your square was a huge inspiration forr my small car-free street.

Great, that looks like some kind of shopping zone...we have that a lot overhere in the Netherlands!

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote pictures unnecessarily.