Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

POV-Ray Question: Possible to Merge LDD Files into a Single Render?

Hello everyone,

I'm sitting on a couple of large lxf-files that I'd like to create a single rendered image of.

More specifically, I created a baseplate that I saved as one file, then continued to create a building (so in relation those two should be 'in place', if that matters) that I saved as another file. Each is around 37.000 bricks, so there's no way to consider the import game...

Question now is, is it possible to use LDD2POV-Ray and POV-Ray to create a single rendered image of the two parts combined? And if so, could somebody explain to me, how?

I remember reading something about merging them by copy/pasting the POV-Ray scene data... I just have no idea how that works. Another thing I stumbled upon was this idea by bbqqq.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated :)

Best regards

Hallo Herr Kolonialbeamter,

more or less I have no experience in using LDD as I prefer the LDraw system. But I think I am familiar with povray. So please find here some sort of instructions showing how to merge two pov-files generated by ldd2povray. I made a simple test and it worked well. At least for only a couple of bricks….

If I understood your post in the right way you already ensured that there will be no part collision in the merged render? So each part of the first LDD-file has to have a position which is different to any other parts position of the second file.

Please let me know how things are going on. Glad when I can help.

Regards

Papacharly

Hi Papacharly,

thank you so much for your reply, your instruction was more than most helpful!

I just did a render of both files and it worked out great, no part collisions. Next step is to find out how far I (respectively my PC) can take this.

Again, thank you so much for this!

Best regards,

KB

Hi Papacharly,

thank you so much for your reply, your instruction was more than most helpful!

I just did a render of both files and it worked out great, no part collisions. Next step is to find out how far I (respectively my PC) can take this.

Again, thank you so much for this!

Best regards,

KB

Can you post some rendered results here, please? :wink: