8 hours ago, Jurss said:

I'm just lazy and really don't have time for that, that's why there's is no parts list and red, because that just default color in LDD extended mode. 

That's why I'm asking also no money, just provide what is necessary.

I better spend time on some new builds etc.

Understandable. I've already coloured it and will build it and while building complete the file and make a bricklink parts list. It will take some time but when ready I post files here if you are okay with it. 

Schermafbeelding-2017-12-29-om-15.29.33.png

On 29-12-2017 at 5:54 PM, Jurss said:

no problem.

Thanks.

I'm half way creating the X-Bow in Stud.io with the goal to freely distribute the building instruction.
Took me already 2 days to put all parts in the right order and in 70 steps that resemble building steps, probably the instruction will be around 300 steps when finished.
I'm also building the model the same time so see if everything is in the right order to be able to build.

25540161818_d2d1b022a1_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

Digitization of the design of Jurrs continues. Added front and rear license plate holders (will have X-Bow stickers), 3rd breaking light, rear diffusors, redesigned exhaust with elbow at the left and improved engine mount with integrated HOG steering guidance. The engine was hanging on two pins in the .lxf and I cannot see on Jurrs photos if he did something there to have more supportive engine mounts. The modifications are add-ons and can easily be left out as original structure has not been changed.

38580954065_13796fb6c9_c.jpg

I've used blue pins and red axles to improve the building instructions (same purpose as LEGO has introduced the 3L blue pins) but final build model will have black pins and axles. 

Now waiting for some parts to continue so everything is tested.

Edited by Berthil
New picture

5 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Your left mirror is wrong! Otherwise good.

Thanks, sometimes it gets late as it's a lot of work :classic: Corrected and picture replaced on Flickr.

Edited by Berthil

6 hours ago, Berthil said:

I cannot see on Jurrs photos if he did something there to have more supportive engine mounts.

I think, there were not more, because there where not much options, if I remember correctly. Maybe, after long building, I was happy with that I had. 

@Jurss I think your efforts are admirable, disassembling the first try and starting all over, so very understandable that after 95% of the design you were happy and your focus went to other projects. I'm just trying to fill in the last 5% for my friend who likes your design very much and wants to have a LEGO X-Bow next to his real one.  I expect we will take some pictures of both in spring.

Most parts have arrived so the digital and real brick building continues. 

Full digitization done for the building instruction which has 183 steps and 658 parts in total. Also added radiators and filled up the rear with more diffusors.
As said red axles and blue pins will be replaced by black in the build model.
Orange big wings are a situated too high at the back but build model looks the same as from Jurss when build.
Building instruction and pictures of the build model to follow soon.
Rendering done in stud.io, no idea why it is floating.

38613556105_58bf1b4da9_c.jpg

24641501747_e60cda990b_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

6 hours ago, Berthil said:

Rendering done in stud.io, no idea why it is floating.

Great job on it! The car is levitating, because the tires are not aligned with the bottom surface. They have a blocky volume shape definition, as the rendering model is calculated from the lowest definition point in Stud.io, it will take the lowest edge of the block. You only need to rotate the tires back to horizontal. :wink: I hope this helps.

800x479.jpg

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

Thank You @Berthil !

Thank you for the excellent design! Only thing I detected was that HOG steering was reversed in the .lxf :)
All in all it took more than 60 hours to digitize with your .lxf as starting point.

4 hours ago, agrof said:

Great job on it! The car is levitating, because the tires are not aligned with the bottom surface. They have a blocky volume shape definition, as the rendering model is calculated from the lowest definition point in Stud.io, it will take the lowest edge of the block. You only need to rotate the tires back to horizontal. :wink: I hope this helps.

Thanks! and solved.

Here a blacked out version with custom stickers that are also on order for the build version. As said, wings are situated a bit too high in the digital model but fine in real life.

39517294851_5ba17df423_c.jpg

39517714321_b0df5b7348_c.jpg

19 hours ago, IA creations said:

Where I can find the instruction? I wanna build it too :)

I believe he needs more time. They should hopefully be soon.

Very awsome build, thanks for sharing! Gladly gonna build it and put on my shelf looks amazing :)

Finished the actual build after waiting a long time the stickers. I've added an extra lower rear diffusor on request of the X-Bow owner.
It has been brought to my attention that the HOG steering is touching two pins with the lower 12 gear tooth bevel. In the original design of Jurss this gear was above the other 12 tooth but that resulted in steering the opposite way with HOG. I don't have a solution for it yet, there is little or no room for a solution there.

25952206768_a4a47257ae_c.jpg

39115684564_38b73ac517_c.jpg

28046739199_349c850757_c.jpg

39115672074_41ab0b8b2a_c.jpg

38926320015_a33e441f18_c.jpg

24955014477_df7bfe0616_c.jpg

28046707549_bb6f0a3003_c.jpg

24954994057_129319358e_c.jpg

Can't beat a photo of the real thing with a render :)

Edited by Berthil

In the final model I had correct HOG, and I don't remember any conflicts between gear and pins.

I see, that You put panels 3x5 on the bumper wrong way,

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

In the final model I had correct HOG, and I don't remember any conflicts between gear and pins.

I see, that You put panels 3x5 on the bumper wrong way,

Can you remember what you did there with the HOG? I can't see an easy solution there other than reversing the steering.

Thanks for the correction on the front panels.

Edited by Berthil

In my lxf 12T half stud gear is on top, in Your instructions it is on bottom.

Just now, Jurss said:

In my lxf 12T half stud gear is on top, in Your instructions it is on bottom.

That's what I mean, if I do that steering is reversed, the KTM tuns left when steering right with the HOG.