The axle constructions is pretty sturdy, but I still have to thiink, how to connect it better to main frame fo the car.

Also there is limitation for up movement. From horizontal position it is just some 5 -10 degrees. But it could be OK for some street car, if somebody wanted to use this solution. Travel could be improved, but then it would be harder to put in differential, or there would be need to make it wider by one stud on each side.

Of course, without differential this can be much narrower.

When some rfinment will be done, I'll try to make LDD, and put in axle collection thread.

Idea comes from 

thanks to @Leonardo da Bricki

First I tried to make pretty narrow fornt axle with independent suspension, then I needed to build also as narrow as possible rear axle with really independent suspension and differential, but not with floating differential, and now I'm this far. Now the hardest :grin: , body.

Edited by Jurss

Both - front and rear are connected to suspension. I have idea about making front mudguards to move also with steering, but it would be too massive ...

As I'm trying to build my first so called supercar (at least, it is planned pretty big), I'm planning to implement there something interesting (differnt stages of try and trial)

800x288.jpg

Front independent suspension with almost perfect pivot point

800x328.jpg

now I have to figure out how to add sterring. There was one easy solution, but, as it connects close to the frame, and all the connections in suspension is pretty loosy (as in lego), than it don't work anything close that what could be considered precise.

Secont pair of shock absorbers can be added easyly.

1 hour ago, KikoTube said:

Nice Idea, but how do you want to steer it?

With steering wheel :grin:

as I wrote, it is main challenge now, because I see no problems at this stage with

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

but needs strength on the wishbone connections.

As You can see, I have different hubs allready, need to find now good solution. Maybe even different hub. Maybe will try to replicate this

buTHPBPpHK4k9AudOlD74IJ3govW-4NcbhBGQMjk

road to this solution also was big "pain".

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

now I have to figure out how to add sterring

Whoops, i overread that... :grin: sorry

It seems, that this could work

800x518.jpg

If the arm is shorter by the hub, that turning to right, it may stuck. But for testing I'm plannig to create this kind of setup on both sides.

In the evening I'll try to put together some chassis. I allready have rear axle, V10 engine and 4 gear gearbox. Then I'll try to and that rack and some steering axles.

Working solution

800x453.jpg

grey 1.5 pins are limiters. 

With small blue pins steering sometimes locks. Without them - always.

Steerring angle could be better, but there is Ackermann geometry.

I was planning to use this in car with V10 front engine, but now I don't have place for it. I could move shock absorbers to front, somehow rebuild steering rack, but then it would be hard to make nice front part of car body ...

Sad thing is, that for me it also seems not to be usable. It's more like proof of concept now.

12 hours ago, Jurss said:

Working solution

grey 1.5 pins are limiters. 

With small blue pins steering sometimes locks. Without them - always.

Steerring angle could be better, but there is Ackermann geometry.

I was planning to use this in car with V10 front engine, but now I don't have place for it. I could move shock absorbers to front, somehow rebuild steering rack, but then it would be hard to make nice front part of car body ...

You can always use typical V8 engine, because today's trend is to downsize engine displacement and number of cylinders...

Edited by I_Igor

Some idea of 24L wide axle with independent suspension

800x453.jpg

yes, travel is limited, but for street car could be OK. Need to test in real now.

Some 22L could be possible, if some good way is figured out, how to put those swingarms and differential together. Distance between swingarm attachment to chassis is 6L.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Jurss/visskas/24L_axle.lxf

Interesting start! looks like you can lift the first axle of the three at the back, is this going to be a truck?

8 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

looks like you can lift the first axle of the three

Yes

8 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

is this going to be a truck

Yes

will create topic, as I had pretty good progress

Building 42082 from parts I have, saving money, maybe for 42083.

Also working on some fornt axle concept

800x656.jpg

Trying to figure out steering (again),