Sign in to follow this  
Cmay91472

Question about Minifigure condition

Hey everyone:

I had a question regarding the condition of minifigures when getting them new out of the package. I never really paid much attention until recently when it seemed to occur more frequently than I remember in the past year since I starting collecting sets, but all too often it seems the leg piece in particular the front or rear corners of the feet occasionally have a small dent or roundness. Is this a manufacturing flaw or damage occurring from the jostling of bricks in the bag or both?

Do you request a replacement from LEGO or is this just a common issue that one has to accept if they collect mini figures. I'd say I notice this flaw albeit very minor in about 1 out of every 5 but i've also noticed about 1 in 10 may have a very noticeable dent on the corner that you can easily see. Luckily, with several instances the leg piece was a common solid color piece, but in two particular cases, it has happened on printed leg pieces that can't be easily switched out. I plan on contacting LEGO to request replacements as it seems silly to exchange a set at the store over a mini figure, but I'd like to get the opinions from those who are serious mini figure collectors and what they do in these cases.

You cannot get replacements for CMF from Lego. Lego sends a new random bag. They say they have no access to the parts.

You cannot get replacements for CMF from Lego. Lego sends a new random bag. They say they have no access to the parts.

Luckily, the printed leg parts in question belong to super hero figures so they processed the request and are sending me replacements in the mail.