SarahJoy

Disaster Relief (Challenge IV Prelude, Chapter 16)

Disaster Relief (Challenge IV Prelude, Chapter 16)

Previous Prelude chapters:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

In the wake of the Great Disturbance, there was a great diaspora of the resident population around Lone Mountain.

16657186585_4ec7945490.jpg

16037287373_c483d48c15.jpg

After hearing the High Council's pleas to the people of Kaliphlin to not horde food and supplies, a few every day citizens decided to lend a helping hand. A few of Ruadh's wealthier tourists decided a relief effort should be made, even at the expense of their own vacations. They approached Ruadh's leaders, who declined to join or offer protection through the desert. In these troubling times, they said, Ruadh must keep neutral and keep close. Instead, foodstuffs and the loan of a wagon were offered and accepted.

16449895317_1219e7568e.jpg

The would-be charitable philanthropists set off towards the Lonely Mountain, in the company of the (admittedly sup-par) mercenary they found to act as their guard.

16472201468_8292bce3af.jpg

---------

Overhead view:

16655797521_868996d8bf.jpg

I'd like to claim UoP credit for:

- Landscape: Trees (2 of 3) (Thanks LittleJohn for the tree design!)

- General Building: Forced Perspective

- Geography: Desert.

Edited by SarahJoy

wow, once again a super nice build by you. The forced perspective works really well and I like how you put the microfigs in there! I'm seriously digging your style in general though!

Very nice build! Great job on the forced perspective, and I like the use of the microfigs. +1 on all the UoP subjects.

Nice build, the story's looking good so far- I just spent the last hour catching up on the rest of the prelude.

Edited by BrickCurve

Great forced perspective! The up close parts are good too, especially your landscaping. +1 on the UoP claims!

Excellent work! I really like the barren feel you've achieved :thumbup: Great forced perspective as well!

Thanks for the credit too :sweet: +1 UoP on all claims :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Now that's a forced perspective! UoP +1 for that one. The desert landscaping looks great but I am not sure what to think about the use of clone parts to achieve it?

So, who will be the first to raid this juicy morsel of a caravan?

Nice FP Sarah :) Strange and nice to see fp microbuild and normal build stuck in the same moc :wink:

Edited by Gunman

The forced perspective part is my favorite in this build, well done!

UoP +1 for the claims.

wow, once again a super nice build by you. The forced perspective works really well and I like how you put the microfigs in there! I'm seriously digging your style in general though!

Thank you for your kind words! Glad you like it!

Very nice build! Great job on the forced perspective, and I like the use of the microfigs. +1 on all the UoP subjects.

Thank you, and thanks for the +1!

Nice build, the story's looking good so far- I just spent the last hour catching up on the rest of the prelude.

Thanks BrickCurve!

Nice perspective ! I love it !

Thank you!

Great forced perspective! Awesome!

Thank you Lord Vlad!

Amazing forced perspective!!! Great job Sarah!

Thanks Maxim!

UoP DoH +1 on all credits.

Thank you!

Great forced perspective! The up close parts are good too, especially your landscaping. +1 on the UoP claims!

Thanks Kai! Those FP links you posted for me a while back were tremendously useful. :classic:

Excellent work! I really like the barren feel you've achieved :thumbup: Great forced perspective as well!

Thanks for the credit too :sweet: +1 UoP on all claims :classic:

Thank you, and thanks again for inspiring the tree design!

Lovely forced perspective, and a great irregular base :thumbup: Great wagon design too :classic:

Thank you SK!

Now that's a forced perspective! UoP +1 for that one. The desert landscaping looks great but I am not sure what to think about the use of clone parts to achieve it?

So, who will be the first to raid this juicy morsel of a caravan?

Thank you robuko! I'd love to be a purist, but it's hard to ignore the potential of aftermarket parts when there are no purist equivalents. The "weeds" from Altbricks in particular are a nice addition to a desert landscape, I think.

Nice FP Sarah :) Strange and nice to see fp microbuild and normal build stuck in the same moc :wink:

It is a bit unusual, I admit, but it seemed to fit with the story.

The forced perspective part is my favorite in this build, well done!

UoP +1 for the claims.

Thank you, Gideon, and thanks for the +1!

Very fine build - forced perspective is excellent!

Thanks, Captain!

Awesome forced perspective!

Thank you!

Wonderful build. As others have stayed great job on the forced perspective.

Thank you!

Great build and FP!

Thanks Mike!