Oky

Disney Movies and TV Shows Discussion

I don't know how I feel about the trailer

Is Dumbo going to talk in this movie? Because it doesn't look like it

But the visuals are great. The circus looks really cool

I just saw The Incredible 2 last night (it was a bit difficult to find a showing that wasn't sold out) and it was great! The action and humor are on-Parr with the original, but the villain and story were a bit weak/predictable, so it's not as incredible as the first one, but still a lot of fun. It was great seeing Bob deal with parenting and bonding with his kids, but Jack-Jack definitely steals the show. :grin:

I'm not sure how I feel about the short, Bao. It started out cute, but then it got kinda... weird.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:30 PM, Robert8 said:

I don't know how I feel about the trailer. Is Dumbo going to talk in this movie? Because it doesn't look like it. But the visuals are great. The circus looks really cool.

No. Otherwise they'd have announced his voice actor by now. What makes you think that he would? That wouldn't make any sense.

I personally am not excited for this or any of these pointless remakes, but yeah, at least the visuals are nice in this one, which is no surprise coming from Burton.

Then again, maybe I'm biased since I never liked Dumbo because the pink elephants scene gave me nightmares as a kid. :grin:

Has anyone else seen the DuckTales season finale? It was so good! It was just as epic as DuckTales The Movie, if not even more! Great action, great drama, great humor, everything! I love that it incorporated all of the characters in the show unlike DuckTales The Movie which omitted a lot of them like Gyro or Gizmoduck. It wrapped up the season nicely and gave us a nice cliffhanger for the next. And the previous episode, The Spear of Selene, really gave me the feels! That was some Don Rosa level of duck-drama right there! And of course all the many Disney Afternoon references throughout the season were very fun. Can't wait for season 2!

Big Hero 6 The Series is enjoyable as well, although I feel like it's trying too hard to be funny or to sell toys sometimes. You can definitely tell that it is made by the creators of Kim Possible though, with its fun action, humor, and overall style and tone. It's not as good as Kim Possible, but still pretty good. I attended the Big Hero 6 panel at SDCC to get a glimpse of future episodes (and because it was the only one that didn't have a mile-long line) and aside from promoting all the toys based on the series, they did show a quick trailer for the season finale and it looks pretty good, so I'm looking forward to that.

At the end of the panel, they also showed a sketch of what they think Kim Possible would like 10 years later which looked pretty cool and got me excited for a moment, but it turned out that it was just a segway into promoting the upcoming live action Kim Possible movie on Disney Channel which... No. Just no. :sick:

kim-possible-live-action.jpg

On 9/17/2018 at 7:05 PM, Robert8 said:

That looks truly beautiful

Yes, it looks pretty, and Emilly Blunt does a good job from what I can tell, but it just looks like the first movie again. Did we wait this long for a sequel just to watch Mr. Banks' son learn the same lesson as his father (which also happens to be the same lesson Christopher Robin learned in his movie this year)?

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm just so tired of all these reboots.

Yeah it does look like a remake. But I guess they cant give away any plot twist here. Or maybe the final trailer will show something else

That trailer was a lot better than the first one. 

I'm quite surprised to see the Deep Web appearing in a Disney movie. The users having their avatars darkened there is pretty accurate and they even showed one of them  buying something from a man in a trenchcoat, representing an illegal deal. Maybe drugs? Maybe weapons? Or maybe something even darker......

While I think Yesss is the main villain, I think viruses and the Deep Web will also play and antagonist role. 

My excitement level for this rehash:

giphy.gif

Sorry, but without the top-notch animation or Robin Williams' talent and energy, there's just no way it's going to be nearly as good as the original. And now they added Lilo & Stitch to their never-ending list of live-action remakes. :hmpf: Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a bit curious to see the awesome opening scene from that movie recreated with some Star Wars-level special effects.

On a brighter note:

On 9/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, Robert8 said:

That trailer was a lot better than the first one. 

I'm quite surprised to see the Deep Web appearing in a Disney movie. The users having their avatars darkened there is pretty accurate and they even showed one of them  buying something from a man in a trenchcoat, representing an illegal deal. Maybe drugs? Maybe weapons? Or maybe something even darker......

While I think Yesss is the main villain, I think viruses and the Deep Web will also play and antagonist role. 

True, this one is better since we finally get an idea of what the plot is actually about, although I'm afraid they may have given away too much as I can already predict a lot that's going to happen. And yeah, it seems quite possible that Yesss is one of those surprise villains that Disney loves to have in their movies ever since Frozen got so popular. I don't think the Deep Web is going to play much of a role though. It probably only appears in that one scene just so they can make a few jokes about it. Like you said, it's already surprising that it's in the movie at all. I can see spambots or something being the Cybugs of this film though. They certainly have been the arch nemesis of EB for the longest time, although I think the admins have finally found a way to keep them out. :classic:

1 hour ago, Oky said:

My excitement level for this rehash:

For me this teaser felt a bit weak

Aladdin himself didn't look interesting enough. he was about to grab the Lamp and his face was almost lifeless. He almost looked like the typical random guy who tries to do something important and fails miserably before the main characters goes in and does it

Also, for a second there, I thought Iago was going to transform into Jafar. But that is because of the Fantastic Beasts trailer. The Nagini reveal mentally raped me :grin:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

For me this teaser felt a bit weak

Aladdin himself didn't look interesting enough. he was about to grab the Lamp and his face was almost lifeless. He almost looked like the typical random guy who tries to do something important and fails miserably before the main characters goes in and does it

Haha, yeah, he certainly seems less animated than the original Aladdin. :wink: (Sorry, couldn't resist.) But it was only a few seconds, so I'll wait to see more of his acting to make a judgement.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, for a second there, I thought Iago was going to transform into Jafar. But that is because of the Fantastic Beasts trailer. The Nagini reveal mentally raped me :grin:

LOL. I think you're thinking of that other Disney movie with a magic lamp where the evil sorcerer transforms into a bird. :wink:

I mean, why would I pay to go and see the live-action Aladdin when I can pop the animated version in and watch it right now? Same goes for The Lion King and all the other animated films Disney wants to remake. The obvious answer is nostalgia laced money, but I still cannot fathom undermining your animated legacy by coming out with ultimately inferior live-action movies trying to come off as the animated counterpart. If you're not going to bring something new to the table, then why bother remaking a film?

Now I'm going to commit a cardinal sin and admit that Lilo and Stitch has me at least a little interested. I like Lilo and Stitch as a movie, but I'll admit it has it's flaws, particularly when it comes to Stitch's scenes with the two initial aliens trying to recapture him. Sometimes they're funny, but other times they come across as derailing from the more interesting family drama involving Lilo and her older sister, which is in my opinion funnier and more engaging than Stitch's antics without Lilo. I think a remake could remedy those issues and make the film feel more cohesive, but it also could compound that particular issue I have with the movie. Out of all the movies that Disney's announced an interest in remaking a live action movie of, Lilo and Stitch has the most room to allow for improvement, and I'm kind of excited for that. :classic:

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.

Toy-Story-4-Teaser-Poster.jpg?q=50&fit=c

Edited by Digger of Bricks

How come Toy Story became Disney's most depressing franchise?

The movie is about toys and that poster looks so grim....

Also, the synopsis sounds weird. Is Woody learning he is just a small toy in a huge world just now? I thought he already knew that since like the first film

I'm perplexed by the synopsis' mention of Bonnie, as I thought this "sequel" was instead supposed to take place inbetween the second and third films given Bo Peep reportedly being a central part of the story. Perhaps that will all be dealt with in flashbacks against a post-Toy Story 3 time setting? :shrug_confused:

I'm confused by these Disney remakes. This is literally the same thing shot by shot

And we can't even say this is live action because it's still animated 

. And 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Toy-Story-4-Teaser-Poster.jpg?q=50&fit=c

ok im saying it forky will turn out to be the villain

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:12 AM, Robert8 said:

I'm confused by these Disney remakes. This is literally the same thing shot by shot

And we can't even say this is live action because it's still animated 

. And 

worryingly scar is supposed to be a lot different in this remake heck even his be prepared song has been left out

I dont think they cant use the "surprise villain" card again. They already did it in Toy Story 2 and 3

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Kintobor said:

I mean, why would I pay to go and see the live-action Aladdin when I can pop the animated version in and watch it right now? Same goes for The Lion King and all the other animated films Disney wants to remake. The obvious answer is nostalgia laced money, but I still cannot fathom undermining your animated legacy by coming out with ultimately inferior live-action movies trying to come off as the animated counterpart. If you're not going to bring something new to the table, then why bother remaking a film?

Now I'm going to commit a cardinal sin and admit that Lilo and Stitch has me at least a little interested. I like Lilo and Stitch as a movie, but I'll admit it has it's flaws, particularly when it comes to Stitch's scenes with the two initial aliens trying to recapture him. Sometimes they're funny, but other times they come across as derailing from the more interesting family drama involving Lilo and her older sister, which is in my opinion funnier and more engaging than Stitch's antics without Lilo. I think a remake could remedy those issues and make the film feel more cohesive, but it also could compound that particular issue I have with the movie. Out of all the movies that Disney's announced an interest in remaking a live action movie of, Lilo and Stitch has the most room to allow for improvement, and I'm kind of excited for that. :classic:

yes I always loved how they got it spot on with lilo being portrayed as an actual child and they even did great with the social services guy cobra bubbles by not treating him as a bad guy

the only Disney remake I liked so far is the jungle book the rest were all just a pass for me and really in the beauty and the beast remake the true villain was the sorceress if you think of it

Just now, Robert8 said:

I dont think they cant use the "surprise villain" card again. They already did it in Toy Story 2 and 3

true but honestly the plot doesn't really interest me the 3rd was the perfect send off , Disney are making too many sequels and reboots lately