Oky

Disney Movies and TV Shows Discussion

I probably wont see Coco this weekend either due to the holiday.(seriously, why are they releasing it on Thanksgiving instead of Halloween/Dia De Los Muertos?!:wacko:). I don't mind Olaf (aside from the disappointment that we are getting this cash grab instead of an original Pixar short), so I definitely want to see it in the theater, hopefully next week.

In other Pixar news, John Lasseter has taken a 6-month leave of absence due to reasons that are too sad for me to discuss. :sadnew: You can read the details in the article below, but prepare to have the image of yet another idol tarnished for you:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-lasseter-taking-leave-absence-pixar-missteps-1057113

On a brighter note, I saw the pilot for Big Hero 6 The Series and it's pretty good. It takes place in between the last few scenes of the movie and has the same amount of heart, humor, and action as the movie, so I look forward to the rest of the series.

By the way, is anyone else starting to feel a bit underwhelmed by the Ducktales reboot? Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining, but where is the adventure? Since the pilot they haven't even left the city except once to go to another city. And Dewey seems more concerned with getting an internship with some annoying millennial stereotype billionaire than to find out what happened to their mother. In the last episode they finally went to Egypt and the next episode will take them to Mt. Neverrest, so hopefully the show is picking up now.

19 hours ago, Oky said:

In other Pixar news, John Lasseter has taken a 6-month leave of absence due to reasons that are too sad for me to discuss. :sadnew: You can read the details in the article below, but prepare to have the image of yet another idol tarnished for you:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-lasseter-taking-leave-absence-pixar-missteps-1057113

I hate to be that guy, but that told me nothing. All it said besides what he (for the company) was that he took some missteps. 

^Groping incidents, drunken behavior at work parties, and kissing incidents are the main accusation against John. Not quite as serious as say the Harvey Weinstein stuff... but still some heavy grounds for sexual harassment. I have to admit I was a bit shocked to hear about it. With that said, his blunt decision to take a leave and respond to the accusations are probably going to save his reputation at the end of the day.

But if he doesn't come back after his six month leave... I have faith in the future of Disney and Pixar. Especially having just left the theater seeing Coco. That film was amazing. I am sure there is enough talent in those animation houses, that they can continue to flourish like they have been the past few years. Great film go check it out. I thought the Frozen holiday special pilot (I bet that will be on ABC next year for Christmas, I swear) grew a bit long in the tooth, but Coco was hands down amazing. 

Looks like both Narnia and Alice in Wonderland, IMO

I didn't even know this was on the works

On 12/20/2017 at 10:51 AM, Robert8 said:

Looks like both Narnia and Alice in Wonderland, IMO

I didn't even know this was on the works

I wonder if Disney will want to merchandise this movie into the Disney Princess franchise, therefore making it all the more possible to see Lego follow suit. :shrug_confused:

Here are official synopses for both Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Christopher Robin.

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 - Release Date: Nov 21, 2018

"Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” leaves Litwak’s video arcade behind, venturing into the uncharted, expansive and thrilling world of the internet – which may or may not survive Ralph’s wrecking. Video game bad Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) must risk it all by traveling to the world wide web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, Sugar Rush. In way over their heads, Ralph and Vanellope rely on the citizens of the internet – the netizens – to help navigate their way, including a website entrepreneur named Yesss (voice of Taraji P. Henson), who is the head algorithm and the heart and soul of trend-making website “Buzztube"

Disney’s Christopher Robin - Release Date: Aug 3, 2018

In the heartwarming live action adventure “Disney’s Christopher Robin,” the young boy who loved embarking on adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with a band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.

Here are three recently released trailers for Disney movies which are hitting theatres in the later half of this year:

New poster for Incredibles 2:

DajJZqBVAAE9Pxo?format=jpg

The bad guy looks like a character from Shane Acker's 9. Also, I'm curious about the super heroes/villains in the backgrond (one of them looks like Vulture from Spiderman).

Edna Mode looks so out of place in that poster

I guess they just had to inlclude her somehow, but there is like an action sequence going on in the poster and Edna is just... posing there in the middle of it

Oh my god Pooh looks so creepy *huh*

When he appeared behind the bench, I thought he was going to say Christopher Robin I came here to take your soul :laugh:

And Tigger looks a like a walking corpse

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Oh my god Pooh looks so creepy *huh* When he appeared behind the bench, I thought he was going to say Christopher Robin I came here to take your soul :laugh: And Tigger looks a like a walking corpse

Don't you mean bouncing corpse? :laugh: LOL I think it looks cute. Unoriginal, just like most things that Disney is putting out these days, but cute.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

On a side note, Disney's next animated feature in development is reportedly a fantasy adventure titled Dragon Empire, with a possible oriental setting:

Screen Rant - Disney Reportedly Developing Animated Dragon Empire Film 

Ah, excellent news. I was worried what was going to happen after Gigantic got cancelled. This actually sounds pretty awesome and more intriguing than Gigantic, so I'm excited.

Screen Rant - Wreck-It Ralph 2 First Look Images Feature Disney Princesses 

Vanellope-meets-Disney-Princesses-in-Wre

On 5/29/2018 at 3:45 AM, Robert8 said:

Oh my god Pooh looks so creepy *huh*

I think he just looks "vintage", so to speak. :shrug_oh_well:

On 5/29/2018 at 5:10 AM, Oky said:

This actually sounds pretty awesome and more intriguing than Gigantic, so I'm excited.

Having a female protagonist as its main character, I'd imagine that any potential Lego sets we may see from this movie may be minidoll based ones, if we are to presume that it will be primarily merchandised towards girls.

Oh god the Disney Princesses all together *huh*

Can you imagine if the Star Wars characters and the Marvel ones interact with each other and with the Disney Princesses???

Does anyone know if Carrie Fisher recorded lines for this movie? Maybe it's time for Princess Leia to join the Disney Princesses club :laugh:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Can you imagine if the Star Wars characters and the Marvel ones interact with each other and with the Disney Princesses???

I'm not sure if we'll ever see them interact, but they will indeed be in the same film together:

Wikipedia - Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2

The film will also feature appearances of all the Disney Princesses including: Jodi Benson as Ariel, Paige O'Hara as Belle, Linda Larkin as Jasmine, Irene Bedard as Pocahontas, Ming-Na Wen as Mulan, Anika Noni Rose as Tiana, Mandy Moore as Rapunzel, and Kelly Macdonald as Merida; all of whom are reprising their roles from previous films, while Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora will be voiced by new actresses. Other Disney characters will appear, such as Kristen Bell as Anna and Idina Menzel as Elsa from Frozen, and Auliʻi Cravalho as Moana.

C-3PO, R2-D2, Yoda and the Stormtroopers from Star Wars, and Iron Man and Gamora from Marvel Comics, will appear in the film as well.

Iron Man AGAIN?

Dude Robert DJ has the best agent ever

The guy just keeps showing up everywhere

First full trailer! That princesses scene is pretty neat. Seeing them all together, poking fun at their own tropes, and being rendered in the Frozen/Tangled CG style is great. However, I'm not really sold on this movie yet. We have yet to see a shred of actual plot, so right now it just seems like the movie is just shoving as many pop culture references in our faces as possible, and this trailer feels more like a giant ad for Oh My Disney than anything else.

That's amazing

The Disney Princesses scene is hilarious, but felt a little Shrek-ish

Like Cinderella is totally out of character there

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That's amazing. The Disney Princesses scene is hilarious, but felt a little Shrek-ish. Like Cinderella is totally out of character there

True, which is another thing that irks me a bit about that trailer. The only way I can explain that is that this is because these are not the original Disney princesses, but rather just online representations of them who have developed their own personalities (just like how every Buzz Lightyear toy in Toy Story is a representation of the original TV show Buzz Lightyear who all eventually develop their own personalities).

And dont let me get started with the feminist joke at the end of the scene

And they even included Aurora there: I mean Prince Phillip had more screen time than Aurora in SB. He literally did everything in the movie. 

I can understand it from characters like Merida, Moana ans Elsa, but Aurora??? and even Rapunzel. Flyn plays a huge role in Tangled. He didn't just "show up".

And Snow White is like the Dopey from the group. 

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And Snow White is like the Dopey from the group. 

Snow White is the strangest looking of the bunch stylistically, but I suppose they were just trying to fit her into a consistent aesthetic, as all the others look like they transitioned over without much reworking. Still... :def_shrug:

Edited by Digger of Bricks