Sign in to follow this  
QQS

70787 Toa Tahu - remake

Hello folks!

Many people feel disappointed seeing newest incarnation of ToaTahu. Well, I can agree that some details could be made in better way (like arms) but overall I think he's a good set. Not perfect but good.

Anyway I decided to give new Bionicle a chance and I bought Tahu. When I finally built him I felt that something is wrong with design - and I slowly began to improve him. And you know what? I really ejnoy this moment!

So, here it is. My newest Tahu remake.

16605363262_a13edba18d_c.jpg

Brickshelf (no collages) | DeviantArt| Flickr | Blog

Don't worry if you feel that pictures are too small. If you go to my flickr/DA gallery (depending on what's your favourite) you should be able to see larger images. If you don't like collages - don't worry, you can still go to my Brickshelf gallery.

I'm going to make a short video-presentation but I don't know when I'll finish it.

Some details:

15983808924_d62e06f1b6_c.jpg

As you can see his legs are now armoured not only from front but from behind too. I'm not sure about the side-panels but I'm afraid I don't have enough HF red parts.

I decided to change his original hands into something a bit different. I came up with some new patents but finally I decided to use something simillar to MrBoltTron's concept because it looks much better. And yeah, he can hold his swords in hands!

Last thing in this photo which I mention is armour which covers his gears. Don't worry, you can still rotate them (and arms) but more armour means reduced mobility. Fortunately on acceptable level :)

16420149189_9b85d38029_c.jpg

16398698977_a95f099632_c.jpg

Tahu can hold his swords on his back. The only disadvatage is that he's leaning little backwards but hey - these swords are little heavy! Anyway, for me it's still ok.

Original model has a golden mask which makes Tahu more powerful. I made a collage with it:

16418969900_b411e54929_c.jpg

Still looks ok but I'm not sure if red one is better. You see, this construction has many golden parts (probably too much) and it needs some reds for contrast. And - what do you think about using this golden mask for Jaller remake creation? ;)

Some extras:

16418789178_558a54fea0_c.jpg

16418974600_8f0c31a9a0_c.jpg

"Meet my new pet":

16418968550_b9b4498903_b.jpg

Some of you may be wondering - what's happen to Tahu's surfing board? Well, I had so many pictures to process that I totally forgot about this :/ Anyway I hope you enjoyed my creation. And if you like you can ask me about it - I'll try my best to answer all your questions :)

Best regards,

~ QQS

EDIT

Lava Board update:

16670641465_5c9fe10122_c.jpg

Edited by QQS

I saw this somewhere else on the net yesterday, very awesome re-envisioning and by far the best Tahu revamp I have seen so far! He maintains all of the features of the original set while expanding on the design elements to truly make him appear as a "master" of heat and flame, well done sir! This clearly took a lot of work, but are you planning to do the other Toa in this way also? I would love to see your rendition of Onua in particular. Are you planning to release an LDD file or instructions for this by chance? This is one of the few mocs I would brinklink the parts for to recreate.

Edited by ToaDraco

I agree with Infernum, the shoulders are great! The whole build is incredible, but I still think it would fit in with the sets good. Great job!

This clearly took a lot of work, but are you planning to do the other Toa in this way also?

I hope :wub:

Even though to me the Tahu that was released is amazing(in my opinion), this MoC is still awesome. I love the swords you modified, they look heavy and give him a pretty badass demeanour, awesome MoC. :P

Now this MOC is truly worthy of being called a titan version of Tahu. May I ask, do I see some hero-cuff pieces integrated into the foot?

There may be a few things I dislike about this MOC, such as the modified fire swords or the weird butt armor (Is it supposed to hold the swords), but I absolutely love the way you used the Chima feather piece in combination with the smaller swords. The effect is absolutely beautiful. And the color scheme looks good, even with the ridiculous amount of gold you used.

Thank you for all your opinions and comments you made!

Wow. That is a seriously regal Tahu. Solid and well put together. Well done!

I saw this somewhere else on the net yesterday, very awesome re-envisioning and by far the best Tahu revamp I have seen so far!

The whole build is incredible, but I still think it would fit in with the sets good. Great job!

Those shoulders are so perfect! Awesome work!

Nice work! This is definitely the best Titan Tahu I have seen!

Thank you :)

This clearly took a lot of work, but are you planning to do the other Toa in this way also? I would love to see your rendition of Onua in particular.

To be honest - I had much more work with pictures and collages than with creating this model. It took me around 5 days to process them all.

I don't feel Tahu's creating as a work. It was just a pleasure :) It makes me feel 10 years younger or maybe more.

I don't know if I will creating other Toas in this way. You see, people usually want to collect all of Bionicle heroes to grow their collection. And that's ok. But I prefer to choose one hero from one nation and improve him as much is possible.

Anyway I have new Onua and I recently bought some bionicle parts (another package should come soon) so I think I will consider it ;)

Are you planning to release an LDD file or instructions for this by chance? This is one of the few mocs I would brinklink the parts for to recreate.

Can I see better pictures on how the hands are built. I may want to use them for my 2015 Toa mods.

May I ask, do I see some hero-cuff pieces integrated into the foot?

There could be problems with instructions in LDD. You see I used many unofficial building techniques which may be hard to explain this way. But I think I should consider making some additional photos to make some patents more clear. But firstly I'd like to make him some improvements - e.g. DraikNova is right about his bottom part. And I consider making a new torso, independently from this included in original 70787. But fire swords are ok to me :)

The good news is that if you have an original 70787 you can easily expand it into my - or even better - MOC. If I can give you an advise - start with changing original shoulders and legs. Then make him another feet and hands. You don't need to make everything I made, you can do it in your own way :)

Those shoulders are so perfect! Awesome work!

I agree with Infernum, the shoulders are great! The whole build is incredible, but I still think it would fit in with the sets good. Great job!

Thanks!

Even though to me the Tahu that was released is amazing(in my opinion), this MoC is still awesome. I love the swords you modified, they look heavy and give him a pretty badass demeanour, awesome MoC. :P

Thank you :)

At first I tried to make a sword using his golden wings but unfortunately final sword was too short so I decided to concentrate on his main swords only.

Now this MOC is truly worthy of being called a titan version of Tahu.

Thanks!

For me he's more Nuva than Titan. I've built one model in titan-size but I finally destoyed it:

_wip__akamai_____or_meybe_optimus_protoform__by_ququs-d57ta39.jpg

I post it here because I think it could be interesting.

There may be a few things I dislike about this MOC, such as the modified fire swords or the weird butt armor (Is it supposed to hold the swords)

Swords look ok to me but I agree with the butt part. I went this way because I wanted to improve his crotch by using skull-spider's legs. The problem was - where should I join them?

but I absolutely love the way you used the Chima feather piece in combination with the smaller swords. The effect is absolutely beautiful. And the color scheme looks good, even with the ridiculous amount of gold you used.

Thanks!

BTW

I updated first post with Tahu's Lava-Board:

16670641465_5c9fe10122_c.jpg