Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Constraction-class Recon Combat Mech

16017827583_2075dee759_c.jpg

Constraction-class Recon Combat Mech by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Not much to this really. I liked Hero Factory's final year where they ventured into mechs, and when I saw that the mech windscreen was to come in a new colour, Trans-Neon Orange, in the DC Super Heroes Black Manta set, I knew I had to build a CCBS mech using it. Here's my result. This is actually the first CCBS mech I have built from scratch rather than just slightly modified (even the Stringer Sonic Machine was a mod based off a polybag set), and I built it as to serve a sort of tribute to HF's final year. Positive and constructive comments are more than welcome.

In case anybody asks, that's a minifigure form of my avatar in the cockpit. Oh, and I am aware of the contrasting colours in the gatling gun ammo - I forgot to change it out for trans-orange studs before taking the picture :blush:

Wow, this is big, imposing and detailed. It's plenty filled out, which I like, and the 'bubble' cockpit works. The construction is very clever. especially on the upper legs and the right arm of it by the looks of it.

Very nice!

I like it. I like how you filled up the sides of the windscreen - it gives a very different look from the shells I've tried. It's also nice to know about that new windscreen color. The light grey bit on the right arm's gun doesn't fit well with the rest of the colorscheme though, and I think the tr. neon orange is slightly too prominent. I would keep it limited to the windscreen and for the details of a few other parts of the mech.

The light grey bit on the right arm's gun doesn't fit well with the rest of the colorscheme though

Unfortunately, not much could really be done about it - I would have preferred to use dark grey but the weapon barrel, the only piece I could fit there to produce the 4-barreled gun (which is actually a design I perfected a couple of years ago), only comes in 3 colours - light grey and two trans-colours, neither of which would have worked with the overall colour scheme. So light grey it was! Though, looking at the gatling gun ammo colour, I'm wondering whether trans-neon green might work there after all.

It's so bulky and powerful.

This makes me wish they eventually release that windshield in many other colors.

Impressive ! Not a huge fan of Chima torso armors, though, because their patterns don't really fit the overall mechanical aesthetics.

Do you know how tall is it ?

Do you know how tall is it ?

It's 30cm tall, including the gatling gun construct on the shoulder. It's definitely bigger than all the Invasion from Below mechs, including Evo XL Machine.

And I used the Chima torso shells because, well, the shape is just right in my opinion. The others I found were just too flat for those areas. I found that the neck depession (or whatever it's called) on it was similar to the windshield bottom shape, so that's how the one on the torso got there!

Wow. Please say what sets did you use to build it.

It's really amazing MOC!

I want to build something looks like this.

Unfortunately I can't help in this regard, it uses parts from a LOT of sets spanning a wide range of Hero Factory, Chima and Bionicle sets. I might be able to make up a parts list though. I'd make this available as an LDD file, but with the amount of complex angles, it'd drive me absolutely insane attempting to do it! :laugh:

One thing to note is that this model is almost pure CCBS. There's only a little Technic involved, and most of it is in the legs and feet. The whole upper body is built off two torso bones connected by this piece.