Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

Fdrjornol the Dragon

16628377602_ce5e9aaa68_o.jpg

Fdrjornol is a legendary dragon to the Mitgardian clansfolk. They believe this dragon was responsible for clearing snow for the first clanspeople to build a settlement. It is believed that the dragon watched over them for centuries until returning to the mountain caves he calls home. The Elders of several clans prophesize that one day, when the clans are in grave danger, the dragon will return and save them, and scorch the lands of their enemies.

16603073796_8f48f7de45_o.jpg

I hadn't built a creature in a while, so I built this massive guy for the Tourney, a castle contest on Mocpages. Hope you like this little guy! :wink:

Great build, Infernum!

The body shape and muscles under the skin are very realistic and well-done! Nice parts use for the tail with the eagle's wings! That head design works very well!

Really like the shape of this throughout, especially the back legs, although there is something about the front arms that makes it look more like a land creature than one that flies The use of those wings for the tail is excellent!

Excellent dragon Infernum, great use of the capes, and I'll echo what has been already said about the eagle wings and sails! :thumbup:

Superb texture and color-scheme on the dragon as well, and congrats on the frontpage!

Outstanding once again!

Thanks Jacob! :classic:

Great build, Infernum!

The body shape and muscles under the skin are very realistic and well-done! Nice parts use for the tail with the eagle's wings! That head design works very well!

Thanks a ton Slegengr!

Really like the shape of this throughout, especially the back legs, although there is something about the front arms that makes it look more like a land creature than one that flies The use of those wings for the tail is excellent!

Thanks Kai! Yup, as you can see in this pic (http://mocpages.com/...392/14246368068) he does look very lizard-y! The legs were built like that to make it look like he just landed, so his legs are kind of bending back from the impact. :wink:

Fantastic dragon! :wub: His feet and legs are excellent, and the colorscheme works very well :thumbup:

Thanks!

Amazing! I love the way you made the dragon! :classic:

Glad you like it!

Wow that's fantastic! Love the wings- sails right?

Thanks LV! Yup, sails from the LoTR Pirate Ship Ambush set. :classic:

Saw this on MOCpages. Very nice!

Thanks! :classic:

Very nice work. He looks quite posable. I would be interested on seeing other poses he can do.

Thanks! His back legs, neck, and tail are all very posable. The wings have some motion, but are very heavy, so extreme poses are too much for the mixels joints. The front legs are quite fragile though, and have basically no motion because of how they're designed. So not too many poses for him. :wink:

Superb creation! I love the eagle wing pieces used for the tail.

Thanks Steph!

Excellent dragon Infernum, great use of the capes, and I'll echo what has been already said about the eagle wings and sails! :thumbup:

Superb texture and color-scheme on the dragon as well, and congrats on the frontpage!

Thanks! IMO, it's kinda funny to see the ridiculous name I came up with this morning on the frontpage, but I'm not complaining! :grin:

Imposing build and looks for a lack of better term, swooshible.

Thanks! Ha, ha, I don't think I'd risk swooshing him, he's so heavy it might be too much for the pieces! The front half has already disconnected from the back a few times! :tongue:

Well done!

Thanks Graham!

Nice work !

Thanks!

Fantastic! I love your way of making dragons. Too bad the sails only have printing on one side :(

Thanks! Yeah, that's definitely my biggest gripe about this build. :hmpf_bad:

Gorgeous dragon! I really like the wide stance in the front, it's kind of unusual and looks great here.

This is definitely one of the best lego dragons I have ever seen - And I have got to say I love the coloourscheme.

The mythology behind is also nice - Reminds me of the danish myth about Holger Danske, who will also rise when the country need him :classic:

Gorgeous dragon! I really like the wide stance in the front, it's kind of unusual and looks great here.

Thanks! Glad you like the stance, it was definitely different than the legs I normally build!

Very nice creature and interesting backstory/legend :classic:

Thanks Gideon! :classic:

This is definitely one of the best lego dragons I have ever seen - And I have got to say I love the coloourscheme.

The mythology behind is also nice - Reminds me of the danish myth about Holger Danske, who will also rise when the country need him :classic:

Thanks Bregir! Interesting that the backstory resembles actual legends. I just came up with it on the spot! :grin:

That's a beautiful dragon, great work!

Thanks Jared!

Great beast! What a fantastic dragon - congratulations!

Thanks!

That is a really cool dragon - I think I need to reshape my Smaug...

Thanks! I'll have to try to build Smaug at some point! Be sure to leave a link if you do reshape your Smaug!