msx80

[MOC] Spaceship (clips and rods)

I experimented with this building tecnique that uses mostly clips and rods and less studs. I hoped to obtain some kind of wireframe, metallic struts feeling :)

I kind of like the way it ended, even if it's not exacly the result i was searching.

What do you guys think?

More pics here

16627175612_5e8fe3010d_o.jpg

16008074663_8059974aae_o.jpg16005659334_2a79dd1fa7_o.jpg

Very interesting technique! I think it works well. Also the three turkey legged animal (?), (robot dog?) in your sig line is really interesting, a real head scratcher.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Thanks guys! So happy you liked it :)

Very interesting technique! I think it works well. Also the three turkey legged animal (?), (robot dog?) in your sig line is really interesting, a real head scratcher.

Thanks :) That dog happened almost casually. i was fiddling with some random pieces.. I show it around just for fun but i'm secretly much more proud of it than i shoud be :) I think it has a cool zombie/robot style, reminds me of the dogs from quake2

Well it's hare not to share Benny's enthusiasm for what ever he's geeking out about at that moment. Once you get past that, though this is still an intriguing design. I share the impression of a space go kart, and I like it. It's fascinating how intricate it looks but still doesn't use many more parts than a old style brick-built version would be. This could inspire a whole new trend in MOCs if not theme for TLG. I too may start messing around with something like this technique. Thanks for sharing!

This could inspire a whole new trend in MOCs if not theme for TLG.

That would be super awesome! :) Let me immortalize this moment by naming the technique.. uh.. the "clip'n'rod technique"! You read it here first :)

Jokes aside, thanks again everybody! I've prepared instructions for the model, they'll be soon on Rebrickable

Well, as for the concept itself: astonishingly great, inovative and all - I like it very very much! :thumbup:

BUT as of a model from the "model-handling' point-of-you: all those tiny small pieces that could look very impressing for the eyes (in which they really do in this particular case) they are very bad for practical use if we are saying someone should play with it, cos they tend to fall off all the time etc., until you plan not for playing but just for a pure presentation, then all this "small-tiny-bricks" complaining is pointless, of course... :wink:

Anyway, fine job :classic: