Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

[REVIEW] 76031 The Hulk Buster Smash

Hello and welcome to my first set review on Eurobricks! Today I will be covering the new Age Of Ultron set, 76031 The Hulk Buster Smash! I picked up this set a Toys'R'Us, a few weeks before its official release.

Here is the box art, front and back.

img_1840_320x239.jpg

img_1841_320x239.jpg

Box art is nice, showcases features well.

img_1843_320x239.jpg

Contents of the box include 3 numbered bags, separately bagged hulk, sticker sheet, comic book, and instruction manual.

Here are the parts found in bag 1:

img_1846_320x239.jpg

A nice selection, and it has the first exclusive figure, Scarlet Witch! I'll cover minifigures near the end.

img_1851_320x239.jpg

Bag 1 done!

Parts from Bag 2:

img_1852_320x239.jpg

img_1856_320x239.jpg

Hulkbuster is taking shape! The dome at the top is a new piece and printed too!

Contents of Bag 3:

img_1857_320x239.jpg

img_1859_320x239.jpg

Bag 3 done! Quite impressive. It instructs you to build an extra missile thingy for the stud shooters on the arm.

Now for the minifigures! I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

img_1860_320x239.jpg

img_1861_320x239.jpg

img_1862_320x239.jpg

img_1863_320x239.jpg

img_1864_320x239.jpg

img_1866_320x239.jpg

img_1867_320x239.jpg

img_1868_320x239.jpg

img_1869_320x239.jpg

img_1870_320x239.jpg

They are all excellent figures! I believe Scarlet Witch and Ultron are exclusive to this set. They have nice printing, front and back. The new Hulk looks much better in person.

The Hulkbuster is up next!

img_1876_320x239.jpg

img_1877_320x239.jpg

img_1878_320x239.jpg

As you can see Iron Man fits inside! It's quite cool actually.

The other net thing is kinda lame, and the only play feature is to knock down Scarlet Witch with the Super Jumper.

img_1875_320x239.jpg

Here's a few more shots of Hulkbuster.

img_1881_320x239.jpg

img_1882_320x239.jpg

And the whole set:

img_1886_320x239.jpg

Now it's time for ratings!

Parts: 7/10 Nothing too special, but I like the printed dome and all the nice dark red!

Minifigures: 9/10 On the other hand, the minifigures are great! Nice printing all around, I just wish there was maybe an Iron Man sit variant. (Besides the Hulkbuster!)

Design: 7/10 Hulkbuster looks nice, but it's a bit too big next to Hulk. The net thing seems tacked on.

Price: 8/10 29.99 USD for 248 pieces+a bigfig seems spot on!

OVERALL: 31/40 says the ratings. But it is an Iron Man suit designed with the sole purpose of fighting Hulk, so I'm bumping it up to 35/40. I hope you enjoyed my review. Comments welcome! What do you think of the Hulkbuster?

P.S. Not sure why some of the pictures are rotated... Must be because I took them on my iPhone. It someone knows how to fix that it would be great!

Edited by mediumsnowman

Great! thanks for the review!!!! You covered all I wanted to see.

I would be curious to see how it relates to the movie and if indeed the "hulk buster" is disproportionate. It looks nonetheless great to play with.

I do not know how to rotate the pictures but may suggest for the future that you try to make the pictures slightly bigger and try, if possible, to use a white background.

Nice work on your first review. You've got a good balance of pictures and words. I like seeing pictures of all the parts as they come out of each bag, thanks for including those. Maybe spread them out a bit next time so each piece is visible.

As far as rotating the pictures goes it'll probably need to be done on the hosting site.

Thanks fot taking the time to write a written review as it something we see less and less of in the Licenced Thread,

Overall the set is a must buy, no matter what section you look at, great figs, and nothing beats having the Hulkbuster on the shelf

Nice review. As for the pictures, you can rotate them on your phone by pressing edit, then the button directly to the right of the "cancel" (it's the crop button). Then press the button over the "cancel" (it's a square with an arrow over it), keep tapping it until it's the way you want.

Or you can rotate it on Flickr. Hope I was of some help! :classic:

Thank you for your comments! I will definitely take your advice and make sure my pictures are on a better background and facing the right way for my next review. I wholeheartedly agree, nothing beats having the Hulkbuster on display!

Thank you for doing this up. This will certainly help our members to see some of the essential want-to-get minifigs especially the hulkbuster in a closer detail. Thank you for sharing. My advise, is please rotate your images to 90 degree, up-right angle, where I don't have to tilt my head to see it properly.

Thank you for doing this up. This will certainly help our members to see some of the essential want-to-get minifigs especially the hulkbuster in a closer detail. Thank you for sharing. My advise, is please rotate your images to 90 degree, up-right angle, where I don't have to tilt my head to see it properly.

Thank you! I have figured out the problem and will have it fixed for future reviews.