legocharles

Bricklinking Cavegod's UCS AT-AT

Hi...reviving this thread.

my son and I started building our AT AT a few weeks ago.

The project was on hold for a while, but after purchasing the pdf version designed by member cjd223, I decided to move forward.

I will post pics as soon as I get back home.

With cjd223's instructions, building is as easy as building any official UCS lego model, once you have sorted the pieces, that is.

Wow...this thing is huge! pics to come.

Glad to hear that you like the manual

I just modified the neck to include a "knee joint" so the head doesn't move from left to right so easily. I will post the pic when I find it.

17237359712_72cb271714_c.jpgDSC01157 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

LIke this?

That's it. I wish I had this picture before doing the mod...I strongly suggest this minor modification to anyone building this AT AT, It maks the head much more poseable and realistic!

Now I have a question for everyone else on here due to an issue I had. Did anyone else have issues attaching the head and neck to the body? Every time I have tried to build this MOC, I have had issues with this and I wanted to know if anyone else had this same problem.

No real issues here. I attach the head to the neck and then attach that sub-assemble to the body BEFORE the legs are on.

No issues for me with the head/neck and body. Here is a WIP pic:post-30067-0-72828300-1456356461_thumb.jpg

This is looking amazing! I wish I had the money to spend on MOC's like this!

Im getting close on have all tr bricks. One more paycheck and i will order my last few items. That 8x8 light blush gray dish will subbed. 35 each is excessive

I have replaced those with the older light gray ones, and the different color fits nicely (for the head).

I have replaced those with the older light gray ones, and the different color fits nicely (for the head).

There were 3 on ebay today for cheap. I just went to buy them and now there were 1. Well i have one now. They are getting rare as well. I saw a 8x8 mini millennium that appeared to be in lbg. It was a printed part. Could the print be removed

Theres a cheap option for the 8x8 dihes, use ucs tie printed dishes and polish the paint off!

Theres a cheap option for the 8x8 dihes, use ucs tie printed dishes and polish the paint off!

Never thought of doing that! I'll have to try it next time I need one

For anyone wondering about the cost of this build i have a round about number. 720 usd is my brick link total now. I had 1250 of the bricks or so and i need to buy 30 bucks more. So i would estimate this will cost 900 bucks and expect 20-25 orders due to rare parts. I did sub the LBG 8x8 dish with light gray.

I only used USA dealers. It may be diffrent from other areas.

$900 and 25 orders... well wow. I admire your dedication, yet thinking, wouldn't it be beneficial to spend some time re-designing the model in order to avoid some rare or hard to find parts? Given that this design is quite old already, I'm sure there would be even better (simpler/sturdier/better looking) solutions if newer parts were used. With all the respect to Cavegod's design, I think an update would make such model much more build-friendly.

$900 and 25 orders... well wow. I admire your dedication, yet thinking, wouldn't it be beneficial to spend some time re-designing the model in order to avoid some rare or hard to find parts? Given that this design is quite old already, I'm sure there would be even better (simpler/sturdier/better looking) solutions if newer parts were used. With all the respect to Cavegod's design, I think an update would make such model much more build-friendly.

I came to find that the rare parts are not the issue. The 1x16 techinc bricks with holes in the side add up quick. The left and right triangle plates 88 total are 50 cents each. The angled slopes are expensive just because you need so many. And so on. The motor cycle wheels were the most expensive rare part because you need 5. Part 2695 was a tough rare part because most sellers only had 2. I lucked out as two sellers had other rare parts

^ I see, well I believe that technic bricks contributr to the cost a lot. Well... perhaps my 'cost saving' strategy would not save that much in the end :) Anyway, I'm not about to build anything this bis - that's just completely out of my budget range.

Hi all

i would love to build the AT-AT.

Anybody has a list to buy all items on bricklink for me?

I order the Instructions seperatly when cavegod is writing me back.

Thanks

Try clicking the link in the post right above yours!

Edited by ecmo47

On 24/02/2016 at 11:15 AM, ecmo47 said:

17237359712_72cb271714_c.jpgDSC01157 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

LIke this?

Good mod, the reason the head is so loose is because origonally i was going to add pf left right movement and turbo laser recoil.

On 27/02/2016 at 2:36 AM, lanesteele240 said:

Im getting close on have all tr bricks. One more paycheck and i will order my last few items. That 8x8 light blush gray dish will subbed. 35 each is excessive

A Bricklink shop in Germany had a ton of them recently for under £3 each, I bought 8 for two AT-AT's I built. 

Edit: I've just checked and several stores have high numbers of them for under £3 each.

Edited by NorvernRob