Sign in to follow this  
Robin Creations

MOC: The Stress of Leadership

"The stress of leadership was getting to Robin. But he had to persist. It was his duty..."

16564668796_a48f9878db.jpgThe Stress of Leadership by Chance Reed, on Flickr

16403436018_0047fe820a.jpgThe Stress of Leadership by Chance Reed, on Flickr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to expirement with lighting, so I tried photographing it in the morning (I take my pictures outside). Sometimes it looks good for certain builds, but I'm not sure about this one. I haven't been able to get the light to look like in my Minifigure series here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105226 . If you guys have any tips, I would greatly appreciate them :classic:

By the way, the mosaic is supposed to be a carpet with the four guilds and Cedrica in the middle. (Cedrica is blue and gold right?)

I would like to claim UoP DoH for:

- Mosaics

- Interior Design

Thanks!

Edited by Robin Creations

Nice little vig here, I like the stained glass window and the mosaic on the floor is nicely done as well although I think you have Nocty and Kaliphlin inverted... :look: (at least if you were going by map placement). +1 for the mosaic credit! As far as interior design, what you have here is pretty good but I'd like to see something a bit bigger before giving you that one.

Thanks Kai! Unfortunately I had already finished most of it before I realized that :classic: . And that seems fair enough (perhaps I'll do something in kali for interior design :wink: )

Thanks guys!

I really like the bookcase and windowsill :thumbup:

Thanks. It's too bad you can't really see the stained glass window in the pictures :thumbdown:

Those mosaic are a real pain to build, but you make it look easy. Nice build! :thumbup:

Thanks. I had to use bricks to temporarily hold them while I was building, but it helps to use a brick separator to push the final ones in :classic:

Thanks guys!

Could one more person give me +1 for the UoP credit on Mosaics (if they feel it fit :classic: )

Thanks.

Edited by Robin Creations

Very nice little room, Robin, great furniture, mosaic and stained glass window, and I like the weapon on the wall as well :thumbup:

Nice interior vignette, Robin!

The mosaic is nice and I like the use of different guild lanscapes! The bookshelf is excellent, both in the functional elements like the drawers and in the decorative elements like the details on top! I would like to see a better angle of the stained-glass window.

Nice mosaic, UoP +1 for that :classic:

I also like the bookshelf.

Small nitpick is that the window looks like it's about to fall out?

Thanks Gideon! I built it a while ago so I wasn't as experienced. I definitely could have used a better technique, as this one gives it a little slant. It looks good at most angles, but in the pictures, not as much. I'll work on it though. :classic:

Lovely mosaic, really great idea there! Nice little room too, I hope you'll be able to one day expand your headquarters and show us the might of your character!