amanda

ideas for good under structure building

ive been looking around the net for a bit trying to find info and techniques for building under structures to larger mocs. any ideas hints thoughts my goal is obviously to have a strong base so it can be moved but also save on parts

Some people use Duplo or Technic for interior structure on larger MOCs, but I think they are trying to stay pure LEGO. Other solutions have previously included metal frames for extremely large designs.

yeah currently i tend to do technic bricks Ive used just stacked 2x whatevers and so on but havent found a super successful solution when using duplo assume you need to incase it so it stays on the base plate. Hmmm anyone else have some more thoights or input on what you do

I would love to hear some more and maybe see some examples, I was wondering the same thing.

Technic frame is where I am headed at the moment.

ive used rhe girders for my aquarium moc for a zoo layout i did with my club but fond them difficult to build on top of because of the flex. it worked but made me thinktwice before trying again. the were closer togather at about 8or so studs apart. i love your pics though. looks like i need toninvest in more 1x16