Sign in to follow this  
sithewok

New Bricks and Pieces working for anyone?

For the last few days, I've been trying to place an order through the newly designed bricks and pieces site. Everything loads fine, but once I go through the checkout process where it now sends you to shop at home, there's nothing in my cart.

I've tried using different browsers, but I can't get it to work. Is anyone else having this issue? (I'm running windows 8 and occasionally have problems with shop at home, but nothing like this...)

I've made around 5 orders in the last month and all have been fine. I'm running Safari on a Mac.

Using Chrome on a Mac, I had that happen to me the first time I tried to place the order. It sent me through to Shop At Home, with nothing in my cart. It was quite frustrating to go back and add everything again, but the second time it went through properly and shot me to checkout with my order in place.

So, I'd say what you experienced isn't necessarily an isolated case, but the whole system does work and you may just need to try again.

This has been happening to me for a while now (on both Chrome and IE11) and it always drives me up the wall because I can have quite complex orders with BnP, and it happens every single time. I've also been sent back to the home page when trying to click into an order on orders received.

In fact, I was on the phone to UK Customer Services yesterday about this very issue, it's definitely a known issue and they're looking into it, so I don't doubt they're trying to fix it.

Bizarrely, I haven't heard it affecting the Safari browser that much (which I hardly use so I can't really testify for that browser), but using any other browser throws up the problem. For now, I suggest making a copy of your BnP order contents, then when it fails to add the first time, go back and re-place it using what you copied as reference. It almost always adds to cart second time around.

I don't know what is going on. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox, ie... After reading these replies, I tried getting the order to go through on my ipad using safari, but no luck there, either. The cart is always empty once it shuttles me over to shop at home.

I had that a while back just before Christmas. I just ended up phoning the order through instead.

Sounds a bit like the problems I experienced with PAB last year. It is really frustrating. I started a thread about it, but not many replies about it, so I am not able to tell more about it.