woodnman412

[MOC] Bounty Hunter Project

Hello eurobricks,

This is my first post here. Looks like there is a great community here so I wanted to share my MOCs.

This all started with the acquisition of my Dengar minifig from the SSD. I thought he needed his own ship and so I began my MOC journey. Months later and hours of LDD time...

HC0Pjmjh.jpg?1

From Right to Left (more views and LDD files are available if you follow these links)

Bossk's Hound's Tooth, Zuckuss's Mist Hunter, Slave I (6209-1), Dengar's Punishing One and IG-88's IG-2000

LDD files are attached to the MOCpages, please feel free to use them. I may throw these up on Lego Ideas just for the fun of it.

Haven't posted a Mist Hunter page as I need a better Zuckuss minifig. It will be coming soon.

vFKTs8Bh.jpg

1UqDgzah.jpg

belDsEch.jpg

opnhPK0h.jpg?1

Thank you :)

Edited by woodnman412
Resized the pictures. Images should not exceed 1,024 x 768 px.

It might be good to see the underside of these, but really, the Hound's Tooth and Mist Hunter are professional-quality models. They should definitely go on Lego Ideas (probably as separate projects). Well done, sir!

If you've been watching the Star Wars forum here on Eurobricks long, you've probably noticed Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka. I understand that there's an episode coming up in the next week or two, and with skills like these, you should really consider enlisting with the Empire. We need reinforcements if we hope to maintain our winning streak.

Oh, and, by the way, your Slave I is pretty impressive, too. :wink:

Cool ships. That Mist Hunter looks just like a space going OV-10 Bronco! I always loved that plane as a kid, so the Mist Hunter is certainly my favorite.

Hello and welcome to Eurobricks! (I hope I'm allowed to say that... still being quite a newbie myself haha)

Honestly I like all of your designs. Each one is brilliant and very original (at least I haven't seen many of thouse made out of lego yet). I especially like the Punishing One with it's curved wing and interesting odd shape. Very good job and you instantly fall into the pool of my favorite builders :)

Very cool. Great ships to choose and you did a great job building each of them. I really like how clean the mist hunter looks. Here's my solution for Zuckuss if you're interested; I just stole several ideas I'd seen around flickr

15465973946_0dab08a3b7_m.jpgISD - 6 - bounty hunters by goatman461, on Flickr

Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for him.

Edited by goatman461

Thanks for the replies.

I designed each ship to fit in with the rest of my Star Wars collection trying to scale off of the Slave I 6209 that I had. I used a number of resources and did the best I could to make each ship close to the intended design yet still fitting well with other models of similar size. I have a 3yo boy so I wanted to make these playable. They are surprisingly sturdy thankfully ;) I started with Punishing One, the crescent wing was challenging but I think it turned out decent, I wish I could smooth it out but haven't found a good solution there. IG-2000 came next, the 'wings' were challenging as they're pretty heavy but I eventually found a suitable support system. Mist Hunter worked out well as the geometry gave me good options for cleaning it up. Hound's Tooth is my favorite, I originally designed a 3K+ brick build for it as I was trying to respect its scale compared to Slave I. I decided to shrink the build to its current size simply for display purposes, Wookieepedia has it listed as 3x the size of Slave I...

I'm beginning to source bricks for Slave II.

Again, tyvm for the replies :)

Edited by woodnman412

All of these look fantastic! You are a really good builder if these are some of your first projects. I love bounty hunter ships because they are so rag tag. That's probably why I have such a soft spot for 'uglies'. Keep up the great work!!!

Great job. I fancy myself a Star Wars fan but it's been years since I've thought to look up what ships the bounty hunters flew. Really cool!

I really like that Hound's Tooth and IG200. Both ships are a pretty difficult shape to achieve, with not a lot of source material available, but you did so at a nice scale. Excellent job!

They look amazing! TLG couldn't have made them better, do you got pics of the interiors?

Follow the links in the main post to MOCpages, LDD models and more pics are available there.

Thanks again for all the comments, a lot of time was put into these and I encourage others to add them to their collections :)

The LDD models should be 99% accurate, a few minor changes were made to each ship during fabrication which I probably didn't change in the files. IG-2000's 'wing' support system isn't exactly the same so if anyone has questions please ask.

Edited by woodnman412

Welcome, those are some great looking ships!

Could you show pictures of different angles?

Welcome, those are some great looking ships!

Could you show pictures of different angles?

TYVM, follow the links to get to more views and LDD files ;)

Wow, I just love these ships you made, each one is instantly recognizable. I look forward to seeing more wonderful work like this! :thumbup:

I think they look great, Bossk's is my fav. They certainly look like SW universe ships.

Did you design these ships yourself or are they from concept art of the bounty hunters ships or something?

I think they look great, Bossk's is my fav. They certainly look like SW universe ships.

Did you design these ships yourself or are they from concept art of the bounty hunters ships or something?

I designed each build but they were all taken from exsisting material, I did not design the ships themselves. I used Wookieepedia, Ultimate Vehicles, Trading Cards, Die Cast models and whatever else I could get my hands on. I tried to make each one as close to the original ship design as possible using my Slave I model as a base size and scaleing each accordingly. Wookieepedia has Hound's Tooth at ~60 meters but Ultimate Vehicles Guide lists it at ~20 meters so I wen't with that. I honestly haven't explored the Expanded Universe before, this all started when I thought Dengar needed a ship and found out he had one which was produced in the TCG, die cast and a few other sources.

I'm working on the Manka Hunter which was Greedo's ship and I've only found a single picture from a web comic to go off of, also just ordered bricks for Slave II.

TYVM

Edited by woodnman412

Welcome!

I really love your "Houndstooth", and I think you should consider uploading it to LEGO-ideas... They probably won´t make, but I think it could reach 10.000 votes. I know I would vote for it, anyway!!