Sign in to follow this  
LoneBrickerSG

Maintenance of Way equipment

Hey guys.

This isn't anything truly spectacular, but I wanted to share it anyway. I got ahold of three Lego 4200 Mining 4x4's and modified them for railroad purposes.

I kept one stock, but added rail wheels and changed the tools. The second got a smaller bed and two tool cabinets, as well as two extra places for more tools, and the third got a cabinet and a small crane.

I happened to see a Hi-Rail truck with a crane on it while at work, and the idea took off from there. I also BrickLinked parts to make the four new-style rail workers in the photo.

angdw2.jpg

Anyone else have some MoW equipment they want to show off?

Edited by LoneBrickerSG

Excellent modified mining 4x4's into rail line repair vehicles......neat use of those new torso as railway workers too.

Brick On 'LoneBrickerSG' ! :grin:

Nice conversions. Who's that blue guy in the back? He's out of uniform, fire him. :classic:

Track maintenance is important. It saddens me whenever I see someone post a train MOC on tracks with tons of green weeds growing out of the gravel.

I have some MOW stuff on my flickr and brickshelf. It's fun adding the small train wheels to CITY sets.

Nice conversions. Who's that blue guy in the back? He's out of uniform, fire him. :classic:

I have a bunch of the 90's era rail workers. In my mind, the blue-uniform guys are my track workers, and the newer uniform people are train crews. Right now most of my rail workers are on-deck for constructing a bridge.

Track maintenance is important. It saddens me whenever I see someone post a train MOC on tracks with tons of green weeds growing out of the gravel.

I have some MOW stuff on my flickr and brickshelf. It's fun adding the small train wheels to CITY sets.

Oh, but some tracks look better overgrown. Like if you had a logging railroad in the sticks? Looks much better with weeds and stuff.

you can make a light under the truck (camera) to observe the wheels, a search light on top of the roof for finding the location at night, a powertruck air, electric for tools and worklights, warning light for upcomming traffic, a van with a transmitter for testing the auto-train-stop (ATS) and track switchses.