Sign in to follow this  
Konahrik

Big Daddy Brutaka

Coming from another dimension, Brutaka suddenly appeared and started wandering Okoto on an unknown mission, often heard rambling about an "Ignika", and "crazy silver half breed skakdi". Having proven to be more formidable than a Master, Brutaka is left alone aside from the occasion skull spider that dare try and pry his mask away.

Brutaka

pose1.jpg

This is very nice. Also when you link to the first pic with title "Entry Pic" it sounds as if you are participating in a contest? If so, do you have a link?

This is very nice. Also when you link to the first pic with title "Entry Pic" it sounds as if you are participating in a contest? If so, do you have a link?

I believe it's the BZP contest to revamp old characters in CCBS

Anyway, great MOC! I love the leg constructions!

I like this. He's recognizable as Brutaka, with the mask, swords, huge claws, and all that gold, but at the same time he's just different enough with the CCBS system.

I like that he's solid- I don't mind the lack of gear function, if anything, this harkens back to the original Brutaka, when gears were just going out. Shame really, but not much we can do about it now. He's well-armored. I like the use of those ridged add-on pieces from the Chima action-figures on the sides, filling in the gaps whilst not being too bulky.

I like that he's finally got moving toes, and those hands work perfectly.

And you've managed to keep his daggers, without them sticking out too much. I didn't like how the old daggers looked like they were extra appendages on Brutaka. Now, they work grandly.

My only qualm would be the lack of 'dark earth' blue, but given that no CCBS parts exist in that color, and the black does a good job as it is, I can't really complain too much.

I wish you the best of luck in the contest- this looks REALLY very good, it does justice for the character, and I hope it goes far in the contest :)

Great MOC. As it said Cirkit, he's keeping main features of original Brutaka that I can recognize it as mentioned character. You fill all gaps in CCBS armor very well (legs are simply awesome) and I like it, but, in my opinion, your Brutaka has too bulky torso. It would be better if he had slimmer but longer body. However, I like the overall look and its colour scheme (I could only complain about lack of dark earth blue pieces, which could be eventually replaced by trans purple ones, but it's still good).

By the way, nice Toa Kopaka redesign. Silver looks much better than warm gold on him :laugh:

Good luck in the contest.

-H.unter

I like how you filled out the torso with the golden shoulder armour pieces. The legs also look nice and beefy.

As for the too bulky a torso, that is a true. Brutaka wasn't really a huge guy.