Edwin Korstanje

Edwin Korstanje Detailed Custom Ship Models and Sets

15 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

How do you start building these? Do you try to formulate a plan, or just start? (Sorry, you've probably been asked this loads of times :look:)
I hope the new owner appreciates the work that has gone into this beauty.

It's very simple @ColletArrow and for this project i got a budget for build her at the scale around the 1/50 to 1/60 and the size for the trans black windows was definite the scale at the blueprints from the yard.

Because this ship is still under construction and don't got a extra reverence from real pictures and have to work with the renders they give me.

The client gives me so tide deadline and from start to a finished model in 8 weeks and now after 6 weeks i am almost ready and i am glad that i never missed a deadline, but it's was a hell of a job.:cry_happy:

For the building the model in Lego there was no time to build first a digital model and than in real brick and started directly in real bricks. 

I have build here over the blueprints in live size printed scale and can see that i am with a marching between a couple of millimeters of the drawings.

The client have seen every step on the build and is so thrill, that he can't wait for the delivery on her.:wink: 

Jaap (Technic) Kroon did it again a makes today for me the most beautyful chromed stickers for the Super Yacht.

Thanks Jaap and can't wait for tomorrow to applied them.

I hope that i can make this weekend good studio photo's at my complete new photo studio.

32693346240_477f4c2979_c.jpg

32693348240_447e773052_c.jpg

Also a small teaser from the real ship last week.

32259869993_7ac514f36c_n.jpg

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Just finished the project whitin 7 weeks and 15000 parts.

Edited by Edwin Korstanje
I am not aloud to make this pictures public jet.

Awesome work :thumbup::wub:! I wish I could arrange 15.000 parts within 7 weeks :grin:...

And good to know that Jaap is able to make glossy "silver" now.

1 hour ago, Dafgek81 said:

What an astonishing project, this is worthy of being placed in the HOF!!!!!

Thanks Dafgek for all your kind words.:blush:

8 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Awesome work :thumbup::wub:! I wish I could arrange 15.000 parts within 7 weeks :grin:...

And good to know that Jaap is able to make glossy "silver" now.

Hi Brunojj,

I am glad you like her and for myself is the outcome of the model a pleasure to see.

The last 9 weeks if have ordered more the 125K of parts, so 15K for this model was not much of a  problem.:wink:  

The stickers that Jaap have made for me, where thick chromed stickers:wub: and not glossy silver.

It was a hell of a job to applied them because of the size and i was amazed that his cutting machines can cut stickers to a hairline thick. 

6 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

It was a hell of a job to applied them because of the size and i was amazed that his cutting machines can cut stickers to a hairline thick. 

Those stickers look really great, I'm very impressed with the amount of "resolution" they have. Congratulations on finishing the build, it looks beautiful. :thumbup::thumbup:

1 hour ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Another masterpiece, I hope you bring it to bma so I can study it!?

Thanks Rick, but i can't bring her to BMA.

I build her in commission and in 2 weeks she is going to her owner.

maybe a stupid question, but what and where is BMA, it's obviously a convention of some sort.

3 hours ago, efferman said:

Thats strange, your model looks better than the real thing.

Thanks Michel.:blush:

3 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

maybe a stupid question, but what and where is BMA, it's obviously a convention of some sort.

Is indeed a Belug convention in Belgium, Antwerp.