Sign in to follow this  

Hello! This is my Lego Ideas Jason and the Argonauts set. You can find and show any support for it here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/89025

It's based on the classic film Jason and the Argonauts made in 1963. The scene is based towards the ending of the film in which Jason encounter the Hydra which guards the Golden Fleece and then fights seven skeletons which are born from the teeth of the Hydra some minutes later. The special effects of the film where made by the Legendary special effects animator and pioneer Ray Harryhausen which I managed to meet before he passed away in 2013. This set is basically a tribute to the classic film which still stands up well today and of course to Ray himself.

1716871-o_199ivr1ola7v722ldm1hti1fa57-full.png

The tree which hosts the Golden Fleece on one of it's branches.

1716881-o_199j10jm41pmv1jnt1tf2198vk64h-full.png

Some views of the 7 headed Hydra.

1716875-o_199j0vsb2ma71r9gkjgfn919g37-full.png

The Minifigures.

1716878-o_199j1087016e5nk1bnm1dgljeac-full.png

Very nice idea - this would be really a cool Ideas set :classic:

Thank you! And with all the movie sets something classic definitely needs to be made which is connected to Ray Harryhausen.

Great designing there and good luck on Lego Ideas........Brick On 'LegoAcklay' ! :grin:

Thanks! Will do. Have a smallish Sauron's tower Baradur in the works.

Great Hydra. Seven nice heads squeezed into relatively small space to keep Hydra reasonably small. I am not impressed by fleece. It is reckognizable thow. In official set I belilve they would make it from cloth+3 or four bricks for head/horns.

Great Hydra. Seven nice heads squeezed into relatively small space to keep Hydra reasonably small. I am not impressed by fleece. It is reckognizable thow. In official set I belilve they would make it from cloth+3 or four bricks for head/horns.

Thanks! Glad you like the hydra. Yes I agree I really rushed it with the Fleece. Your idea would be much better. Mine is too brick-like.

Man I love this! I really do. I would buy it. I think it might be a bit too niche for an Ideas set though. Still you never know.
For the film that it's based on probably yes but the theme alone should let it hold up. After all it would be the first official Lego Hydra, that I'm aware off. :laugh: Edited by LegoAcklay

Nice, although I think the scene with Talos is probably more memorable and might do better on ideas.

Terrific build for such a classic movie, Ray Harryhausen would be proud of your models. The hydra design is my favorite. Keep them coming LegoAcklay, you’re an awesome designer.

Love the detail on the hydra. You could make different variants of the creature.

Was thinking of making a more accurate version based on the original model. But I will wait and see how the projects goes first.

Nice, although I think the scene with Talos is probably more memorable and might do better on ideas.

Ahah. You read my mind. Kept thinking I need to make a Talos set with the treasure room with Hercules,Jason and the other man who gets squashed.

Terrific build for such a classic movie, Ray Harryhausen would be proud of your models. The hydra design is my favorite. Keep them coming LegoAcklay, you’re an awesome designer.

Thanks! Glad you like the hydra. I'll keep trying.

Great build, I'll be voting for this, a really nice tribute to the film.

Thank you for the support!