Cloveapple

Signs that Lego has taken over your brain

Has Lego taken over your brain? What signs have you noticed?

I'll start:

I was looking at a photo of an actual building and thought: "Wow, that's a really nice build." Then I realized it was not Lego. Apparently my brain can no longer conceive of structures that are not made of ABS.

I use LEGO parts to quantify my monetary losses in real world.

Eg.

"wow what an expensive meal that was.. I could've bought 120 lego parts with that price".

"OMG.. (looks at electric bill).. this could've gotten me a decent Creator set"

I found the LEGO version of the 50 Shades of Grey trailer very erotic. I watched it about 8 times.

Every time I drink Jaegermeister, I wonder how to implement their stag logo into my wood elf army.

When my younger pupils bring LEGO to school, I feel like "Hey, you're a bit young for being an AFOL, aren't you."

Edited by Wardancer

Whenever I see a nice building facade, I instantly start translating it to lego bricks in my head.

Favourite phrase whenever my wife or myself sees a nicely designed building: "That would make a great modular!".

Resistance is futile, my friends. We will be assimilated. :sadnew:

And in our house, there is such a thing as "Lego weather" (gray/rainy).

I see things in the real world as: "Wow, if I used that piece and this piece I could recreate this"! Or "No I don't need that or want to eat out because I could go buy this or that set from the Lego store instead! But my favorite is how I justify a trip to the Lego store on grocery day (before getting groceries) as "Well I did have $X to spend on groceries and look the total from both stores equals that!" :classic:

I see things in the real world as: "Wow, if I used that piece and this piece I could recreate this"! Or "No I don't need that or want to eat out because I could go buy this or that set from the Lego store instead! But my favorite is how I justify a trip to the Lego store on grocery day (before getting groceries) as "Well I did have $X to spend on groceries and look the total from both stores equals that!" :classic:

I agree, everything I want to buy is compared to getting a Lego Set instead.

"Xbox One or UCS Death Star" (neither of which I can afford or buy, but I would prefer the Death Star hands down :grin: )

"Coffee or Minifig Series"

etc.

Nearly every time I do that, the Lego set usually wins.

I have over 30 sets unopened and no more display space left. Yet every times I went out, I thinking of buying more sets!

Constantly thinking about finding a huge stock of battle packs (like Uruk-Hai or Elven army) new in box when walking my dog...

Has Lego taken over your brain? What signs have you noticed?

I'll start:

I was looking at a photo of an actual building and thought: "Wow, that's a really nice build." Then I realized it was not Lego. Apparently my brain can no longer conceive of structures that are not made of ABS.

Yes, it has. I've been beating my brain every day to come up with ideas for my LEGO 365 project. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can shoot outside and stop building a vignette a day. I tried to shoot outside in the snow but my fingers and camera froze.

Hmm...let's see...

Dreaming about finding future sets on store shelves.

Choosing to buy LEGO over food.

The pain I feel when I see kids throw around perfectly good LEGO in the dirt and on the floor, getting all dirty and scuffed up (even though it's not mine). :cry_sad:

I think I've been brainwashed...

Eg.

"wow what an expensive meal that was.. I could've bought 120 lego parts with that price".

Haha, same here.

When stuck in heavy traffic watching the minutes tick by, thinking of all the wonderful MOCs that could have been built within that time instead...

I have not been able to get through a lecture at university without my mind drifting to upcoming sets I'm buying or orders I'm waiting on. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more after I can build my helicarrier

Eg.

Ditto again to this one. My boyfriend will ask me if I'm planning to buy X item, and I'll say "Hmmm... Nah, I'd rather use that amount of money to buy extra LEGO." As long as I don't go crazy with my LEGO buying, it's a decent way to save money.

I found the LEGO version of the 50 Shades of Grey trailer very erotic. I watched it about 8 times.

You made my day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Lady_Scarlett

Like many others, when I see an interesting building or what-not I think -- I can build that with LEGO!

I am constantly planing MOCs for Halloween and Christmas.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

A many have posted already, I keep trying to figure out how to build buildings I happen to pass by out of LEGO bricks. Quite annoying while driving...

Edited by Master_Data

Haha, same here.

When stuck in heavy traffic watching the minutes tick by, thinking of all the wonderful MOCs that could have been built within that time instead...

I have a mild fetish for heavy/construction vehicles,trucks and all. So every time I drove pass one.. my built-in LDD renderer inside my brain will

start to scan the vehicle and see how I can a MOC a LEGO Transformer out of it / which component becomes the arm/legs/body and so on.

I used to look at buildings and every day objects and think of how they could be built from geometric shapes for 3D modelling.

It was what I did all day at work so it just sort of leaked out into my daily thoughts.

Now that's been replaced by Lego. It's kind of similar but it's about a million times more fun.

I reckon it's just a type of creative thinking that happens when you often think about reproducing things in different mediums.

I use LEGO color names for generic colors on non-lego things. Like strolling through IKEA and saying "that sofa would look better in reddish brown"

I keep having dreams about parts or sets Lego will never make, sucj as:

-Completely trans-colored minifigure

-having my favorite steam engine replicated in an official set (Frisco #1522, a 4-8-2 Mountain type that lives in my hometown train museum)

-going into the Lego store and finding train wheels in regular and Big Ben Bricks-style small sizes on the PaB wall.

-having my own custom 2-6-0 dark green steamer + matching passenger train made into a Lego set

-owning a custom minfigure of me, like the ones that high-up Employees of LEGO get

or

-all of the above at once!

I agree, everything I want to buy is compared to getting a Lego Set instead.

"Xbox One or UCS Death Star" (neither of which I can afford or buy, but I would prefer the Death Star hands down :grin: )

... and the Death Star will still be worth something five years from now... and will probably increase in value when TLG finally discontinues it.

I have over 30 sets unopened and no more display space left. Yet every times I went out, I thinking of buying more sets!

I'm like that... I've cut WAY back, but I have loads of shelf and closet space filled with unopened LEGO because I just don't have display space to build it, but I can't allow myself to miss a good set and regret it later on... so I keep finding new places to stash my unopened LEGO. I've started unboxing sets to make things fit in less space.