Sign in to follow this  
ftop

Palazzo

Hi, this is still a work in progress, but I figured I might as well get your thought on this.

This building is a palazoo, a double corner building with a small square in the front.

There is a coach entrance in the back, a main entrance and a servant's entrance on the side.

qnxB7Yt.png

fed9ofl.png

On the ground floor, there is a hunter's cabinet, a library, a reception area and two drawing rooms (pink and blue) as well as a massive staircase.

9idB9xu.png

On the middle floor, there are three bedrooms, a ballroom and the servant's staircase.

bKPPoE2.png

Since I wanted each room to have its own colour scheme, I had to do double walls, which take up a lot of real estate.

Things that I still need to do: furnish and floor the bedrooms, floor the hunter's cabinet and furnish the servant's quarter on the top floor. I also need to get the windows and doors in and finish the roof. I would really appreciate some ideas for the roof, since it is bothering me.

Because of the double wall thing I had to skip a few things that I had wanted to get in, such as fire places, a door to the servant's area in the basement and a secret passageway.

In case you're missing them: the kitchen and such are in basement, but these cannot be furnished since they are below ground.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Nice work...I like how you have progressed the interiors and gave all the individual spaces their own character and identity.

The external design needs a wee bit of refinement though. There's something not quite coming together with the front elevation detail and massing. You should look to redesign the front to capture the classic Palladian Villa architectural style. Try to emphasise the entrance portico and give the building more sense of scale and balance. See these pics for what I mean....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/VillaCornaro_2007_07_14_front_1.jpg

https://discoveringdisegno.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/villa-chiericati-vancimuglio-palladio-9.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Villa_Foscari_20070710-1.jpg

I think increasing the significance of the stairs and columns will really lift this WIP and get you on the right track.

I kinda followed the advice given and made two frontons:

xoVzd7E.png

I even got to add two more rooms. yeah

it still is more manneristic than palladian though..

Now let's rework the entrance door.

Hi,

I've decided to restart this from scratch, and this is the result this far.

nbwDEHN.png

The changes are:

- new colour scheme

- no more coach entrance

- completely reworked interior

- added a portico.

comments/suggestions are always welcome

enjoy

EDIT: I have added renders of the interior. Still pretty bare, but getting there.

Ground floor with reception room, two drawing rooms, a library and a dining room. Under the grand staircase is the door to the area below ground where the kitchens and such are:

LOX7Ly3.png

Middle floor with bedrooms for the family. Two big rooms are for the master and mistress. You can also see the staircase to the servant's quarters:

dg1lCSd.png

The upper floor with a view on the servant's quarters (big rooms are for butler and head maid). You can also see the skylight for the gallery on the middle floor:

E4q2XiZ.png

These arre my first renders so I apologise for the poor quality. Still learning....

Edited by ftop