V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

2 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

@Roebuck Very nice, how much did they run you if you don't mind my asking?

I bought all the sets from a former AFOL.

In dollar I paid around 100$ for 6276 Eldorado Fortress and 250$ for the 3 remaining sets

The ships were in very good shape, the forts had some yellow parts etc, so I have spent some dollars on bricklink to get them in shipshape..

On 2/28/2017 at 9:16 PM, MEMTJEGO said:

Somebody please explain to me the draw of keeping things NISB.  If I buy something, I want to build it.  What is the motivation and enjoyment of collecting sealed boxes?

For me it is the very limited space problem. When I build something, be it a MOC or a regular set (vintage or not), I like to have it on a shelf to be admired (mostly by me though :tongue:). So when I run out of space (usual case), I tend to either not open some sets or have them disassembled. I am always fantasizing though that I'll move in a bigger house with a dedicated "hobby" room and have everything built and on a showcase. At least that's the long term plan!

During the past 1 year, I finally get myself 6285, 6286, 6290, 6242 and my 2nd 10210, of course I've got the silent mary :) gonna get 70618 and 6276 sometime haha

Edited by perfect_panda

Among a few other Pirates sets I got over the last weeks, the most recent sticks out: the 6271 Imperial Flagship. I had this one as a kid, it was actually among my first bigger kits. It got lost during my Dark Ages, but I just had to get it back. So yeah, now I have a solid starting point to build something for my Redcoats. Of course I will modify the kit, but for now I'm just happy with this base to start from. :)

Edited by Drunknok

I also started with the 6271 as my first red coat ship. It took Lmost 20 years later to make what I always dreamed of as a kid. A Fleet for the red coats. My newest one was the 70413 Brick Bounty which I made a red coat ship to count my red coat ships to 4. 

Here is a picture

d2dbd8-1539282648.jpg