V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Yeah the sails are very nice and there are some cool minifigs in the set. I never got all of the sets in the PotC line(I'm considering getting them) but as soon as the Pearl arrives I will have both sips from that theme. I bought the new soldiers fort on Tuesday as well but haven't built it yet. I don't know what peoples general thoughts on that set is

I've got a bit of a "thing" for post-construction "modular play" sets... i.e. sets that can join together (like the 2015 Pirates sets) or be reconfigured (like the 2009 Soldier's Fort), hence why I liked the 2009 Fort enough to get another one so soon after building the first. I'm no skilled MOC'er (I've been too long without Lego!), but I like "expanding" these sort of sets to make new "what if" components that could realistically been sold by Lego, as a bit of a self-challenge (as opposed to awesome and grand MOCs that are much more for passionate AFOLs). Already looking at a way to add more of a "cargo port" to my old and new Soldier's Forts! :)

The more I look at them, the more I want those PotC sets... so annoyed I never bought the QAR when I saw it in stores here years ago (it was super expensive even then, but not as much as it is now!). They never made a Flying Dutchman though, did they?

The more I look at them, the more I want those PotC sets... so annoyed I never bought the QAR when I saw it in stores here years ago (it was super expensive even then, but not as much as it is now!). They never made a Flying Dutchman though, did they?

You can still get most of the PotC sets for retail price. The ships will be way more expensive though. If you go on Brick Link and ebay you should be able to pick them up for reasonable prices. No they never made a flying dutchman. Though around early to mid 2012 when the line was being discontinued people suspected and heard from Lego employees that a dutchman was in the works. Not long later people looked around in at a (at the time recent) picture of a Lego design office where in the background there was a black and grey ship that many of us suspected as a prototype dutchman. So we think there was a prototype but for one reason or another it never got made into a official set. Edited by cullmancreations

I just finished buying all the 2015 pirates sets (my first Pirate ship) and scooped up a couple of vintage Islander sets on ebay (did not have any when I was younger) together with my own 3 tiny pirate sets from when I was a kid everything is now expanding to fill my table... this is turning out to be a dangerous obsession! Not sure how I want to expand next... they still have the Imperial flagship, brand new in box in a local shop, but they have doubled the price since I started looking last year and now its 10000nok... too much to spend I think, so I will content myself with expanding my blue coat army and looking out for a good deal on second hand ships and sets...

Apologies that this isn't LEGO Pirates, but I feel it's worth noting, and probably best to do so here rather than in it's own thread!

Being the grown up, married man that I am, my wife bought be the Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed: Gunboat Takeover set for our wedding anniversary. Now, I'd been fighting an internal battle about whether to buy this or not as I love assassin's creed, but obviously... it's not LEGO! My wife, fed up of me going around in circles on this just bought it.

I personally love it, after building it, and feel that in some ways the amount of parts here and detail of the build is pretty good value for money. It's bigger than I expected and took a couple of hours to build.

A few photos below:

Edward_zpsyrj7v6ns.jpg

Edward with hood. He does have a beard, but they've sensibly made it the exact same colour as the skin. Note however that his swords are tucked neatly into a slot in his sash, which is a nice touch, and each of the pirates have this. His eyes however are just holes in the head!

Crew_zpsgbd98pft.jpg

Three Pirates and Edward - all ultra pose-able and with detailed weapons. Only one flintlocke in the set, which seems odd as Edward usually uses 2-4 in the game!

Ship_zpsvojw8iub.jpg

The ship itself. I really like some of the detail, particularly with the 1x1 bricks and studs. The build was really quite involved and it's a very sturdy ship (my previous experiences with MB have been that it doesn't have the same satisfying click that LEGO has and would generally fall apart easily - not with this one!). The brick built swivel gun is particularly well fitting. Only things I don't like are how fragile the sails and rigging are. They are made out of what I could only describe as papery-cloth, and crease at any slight touch. if you look closely at the top of my fore-sail, there's a crease where the sail has snagged on the plastic attachment, but I cant realign it now for fear of ripping the thing!

There is also a Spanish flag included, which other than a "This is a stolen Spanish ship" line of thought, seems a bit redundant as there are no Spanish soldiers in the MB line anywhere!

It's also worth pointing out the odd colour-mix that MB went for here. Bricks are largely dark brown, but with splodges of lighter brown mixed in. The intention I believe is to create a wooden feeling, but it takes a while to get used to. The purist in me frowns at this, wanting neatly coloured bricks, but the rebel in me thinks this is an innovative way to give texture to the ship.

So of course, the natural progression... how do our LEGO Pirates fit in!

Lego%20pirates_zpsm8gvvktp.jpg

Better than the MB ones, actually! MB figures have very bulky feet, meaning that they actually cant stand anywhere that doesn't have an unoccupied stud either side of their foot. This actually is a rarity on the deck, so LEGO pirates fit in better pirate_laugh2.gif

Pirates_zpsyzassbw9.jpg

So, sorry this isn't LEGO related, but I felt it was close enough to be posted in this topic, being Piratey and convertible!

EDIT: Apologies, massively oversized images are now fixed!

Edited by Duck

i just bought 2 pirate ships.

First one is Caribbean Clipper 6274, i got it for 75 us $

And the Skull´s Eye Schooner 6286 for 120 us $

i just bought 2 pirate ships.

First one is Caribbean Clipper 6274, i got it for 75 us $

And the Skull´s Eye Schooner 6286 for 120 us $

The Photos are must....:)

I got my SES for little less than 200 Euros (with shipping) on ebay.

Edited by chofus

I got my SES for little less than 200 Euros (with shipping) on ebay.

i see on ebay prices up to 350 $.....is it that rare

What is the price for these ships in todays market ?

Fairly new to this

It depends on the condition of the set......

6274 ranges from $50 usd - $500

6286 ranges from $100 usd - $1200

$500 & $1200 are NIMB

It depends on the condition of the set......

6274 ranges from $50 usd - $500

6286 ranges from $100 usd - $1200

$500 & $1200 are NIMB

What should i look at to see the condtion ?

What should i look at to see the condtion ?

You have many things to look at, e.g: Sails , Minifigures, parts if they are having scratches or discoloration, the set if it comes with box-manual or not, the condition of box and manual if they are poor , good, Excellent, .....etc

Sails and minifigures are the most important for me, and the parts that are unique to the set. Other parts can often be easily replaced. :)

I agree, sails are absolutely number one considering they tend to cost at least $10 USD to replace one, if they're even available. Hull pieces as well.

I got the Pirates promo this week. Slightly irate since mine has a noticeable crease in the top right hand corner. I suppose that's part of the risk you take when ordering from S@H though.

I just made my first ever visit to a Lego store, The one in the Houston Galeria. I picked up the Pirate chess set and also, thanks to bricklink picked up the Pirate VIP set for a reasonable price.

Bought the Imperial Flagship finally! Been drooling over it for months, and I found one for a reasonable price! (still the most I ever paid for a lego set) The box is epic! I can't wait to open it up and start building and display it.

And I bought the Captain's Cabin as well.

Bought the Imperial Flagship finally! Been drooling over it for months, and I found one for a reasonable price! (still the most I ever paid for a lego set) The box is epic! I can't wait to open it up and start building and display it.

And I bought the Captain's Cabin as well.

Oooo, I am jealous, still looking for one... any chance they had more than one for sale?

I'm still longing after the Imperial Flagship myself... but at over AU$1000 every place I've seen it, just such a huge splurge. Would definitely be interested to check out any recommended sellers of them (MISB), though, as part of the struggle it seems is just finding one that ships to Australia (and doesn't inflate their postage price to several hundred dollars!!!).

Oooo, I am jealous, still looking for one... any chance they had more than one for sale?

Unfortunately it was the last flaghsip the seller had. If I see one for a similar price I'll definitely send you a message. (I paid NOK 4500,- for a 9/10 box, very happy with that price)

I'm still longing after the Imperial Flagship myself... but at over AU$1000 every place I've seen it, just such a huge splurge. Would definitely be interested to check out any recommended sellers of them (MISB), though, as part of the struggle it seems is just finding one that ships to Australia (and doesn't inflate their postage price to several hundred dollars!!!).

I know right? I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now! Been wanting one ever since I first saw it, which unfortunately was way after it was retired, so already very expensive. I found my set on a Norwegian webshop/reseller, so maybe your best chance is to buy from a fellow Australian? At least you wont have to pay as much for shipping and import taxes.

I recently got a "snipe" deal on Ebay. I got 99% Complete Caribbean Clipper 3/4 Minifigs for $49 USD (no box). And then I payed $100 USD for a Imperial Armada Flagship 100% complete (no box, sadly). Maybe I'm good at finding good deals. By the way, both had FREE shipping. Woo.

Unfortunately it was the last flaghsip the seller had. If I see one for a similar price I'll definitely send you a message. (I paid NOK 4500,- for a 9/10 box, very happy with that price)

I know right? I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now! Been wanting one ever since I first saw it, which unfortunately was way after it was retired, so already very expensive. I found my set on a Norwegian webshop/reseller, so maybe your best chance is to buy from a fellow Australian? At least you wont have to pay as much for shipping and import taxes.

Congrats on this catch...i bought mine NIMB in 2013 for $usd 550......still it is IN Box. Hope to find the time to build it! :)

if you have built it, then would be great to see some photos!

Regards