V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Wow, that you got this service pack. I did not think that they where still some closed on our planet. I would save this pack pirate_laugh_new.gif . I am very jelly pirate_sing.gif

True....i love this Service Pack...just awesome and luckily i got it for a very great price...

I am not sure if going to open it or not, but 90% i would use it to complete my Vintage projects!

Purchased this, awaiting its arrival now! Looks to be in good condition.

Very nice! I'm torn between getting either this Imperial Flagship, or the Renegade Runner next. The RR is is cheaper, but less common, while the IF is more available, but costs more. I guess it all just comes down to which set I can find a deal on when I'm ready to purchase.

Very nice! I'm torn between getting either this Imperial Flagship, or the Renegade Runner next. The RR is is cheaper, but less common, while the IF is more available, but costs more. I guess it all just comes down to which set I can find a deal on when I'm ready to purchase.

If you have enough $$$, then buy both. Otherwise go for the 6271 first

What are the best sets to get more islanders and old bluecoats?

I had some luck at the auctions :) "Salvaged" a nearly complete Caribbean Clipper "wreck" from the depths of the sea. Unfortunately, the flags had one of their CLIPS broken D: But they still work pretty fine. The rest of the parts seem to be in near mint condition actually, so quite happy with it. It came with a lot of old old bricks from the 70s, there was even a shield from yellow castle in it. Five black falcons and five lion knights were in there too. And a red spaceman. I might try to resell all that didn't belong to the CC. The lot also had a complete Broadside and four bluecoats (three without hats). I also managed to win two more auctions, one with five old bluecoats and one with five new redcoats (one was the governor). :) A pretty nice haul.

I'm thinking of merging this with the Caribbean Clipper I already own, making a "copy" of Black Seas Barracuda, but with CC colours. :)

Edit: some more parts that sadly are missing: the yellow (expensive) parrot, cannons, anchor

20150618_182431-1_zps9effduhx.jpg

Unfortunately the third sail was missing :/ But these are in quite nice condition, not much yellowing, not much creasing. They have some dirt in them though, but you don't see it immediately (and you can't see it in the photo).

20150618_182943_zpsfnkw7zjq.jpg

The sails were a bit folded before, but after putting these books on top of them, especially the three-volume Middle High German dictionary from 1876, they became a bit better:

20150618_182952_zpsqinhasyr.jpg

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

I had some luck at the auctions :) "Salvaged" a nearly complete Caribbean Clipper "wreck" from the depths of the sea. Unfortunately, the flags had one of their CLIPS broken D: But they still work pretty fine. The rest of the parts seem to be in near mint condition actually, so quite happy with it. It came with a lot of old old bricks from the 70s, there was even a shield from yellow castle in it. Five black falcons and five lion knights were in there too. And a red spaceman. I might try to resell all that didn't belong to the CC. The lot also had a complete Broadside and four bluecoats (three without hats). I also managed to win two more auctions, one with five old bluecoats and one with five new redcoats (one was the governor). :) A pretty nice haul.

I'm thinking of merging this with the Caribbean Clipper I already own, making a "copy" of Black Seas Barracuda, but with CC colours. :)

Edit: some more parts that sadly are missing: the yellow (expensive) parrot, cannons, anchor

Unfortunately the third sail was missing :/ But these are in quite nice condition, not much yellowing, not much creasing. They have some dirt in them though, but you don't see it immediately (and you can't see it in the photo).

The sails were a bit folded before, but after putting these books on top of them, especially the three-volume Middle High German dictionary from 1876, they became a bit better:

Nice Acquisition :)...

Indeed this is a must for every lego Pirate fan....and a great bunch of Extra minifigures :)

dont worry about the yellow Bird, i think i saw in Bricklink for only $2 which is soo cheap...

i love the CC, i have 2 of these ships ( 1 with Disabled cannons--Canadian Version & 1 with Very early Version with shooting Cannons--US Version )

Love these Old Style Ships!

Enjoy it and looking forward to seeing it when completed

Regarding the Sails,,,yes this is best way to make the sails flater also i would advise you to Iron it under a piece of cloth with normal heat adjustment. It will look just Like New! pirate_blush.gif

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Bought myself the new Pirates Chess today" it's really nice! Even with the new bandanas...

I just couldn't resist. Toys R Us values my business so much that they just sold me 5 more copies of Treasure Island for a grand total of $5.21! Less than a dollar each pretax! Argh!

I just couldn't resist. Toys R Us values my business so much that they just sold me 5 more copies of Treasure Island for a grand total of $5.21! Less than a dollar each pretax! Argh!

Sweet. How did they do that?

Well, I didn't tell the whole story. TRU mailed me $95 Rewards, so naturally I had to spend it on Pirates. I didn't want any more of the others, so 5 Treasure Islands came to just over $100, hence the $5.21 out-of-pocket.

Bought myself the new Pirates Chess today" it's really nice! Even with the new bandanas...

I'm wondering good sir, where did you purchase this set?

2 new additions to my Classic Pirate collection: 6268 Renegade Runner (missing 2 pieces), and 6244 Armada Sentry (complete). Both for only $5 out of pocket!

20150623_010441_zpsncnvwdlg.jpg

Edited by Corweena

2 new additions to my Classic Pirate collection: 6268 Renegade Runner (missing 2 pieces), and 6244 Armada Sentry (complete). Both for only $5 out of pocket!

Another Excellent and Must Addition! Well Done!

Nice job securing those two classics! I never really liked either one but they both make good additions to a collection. When the price is right go for it, huh?

My latest was the new pirate ship #70413 Brick Bounty. My first Lego pirate ship ever, although I have started playing with Lego since they days of the BSB, I never had the chance to get one of those or later ships. Anyway, I hope to make up from now on! :pir-classic:

I'm already planning on buying another BB to make a better one and maybe a small ship for the soldiers from leftover parts! :pir-laugh:

Ohhh man!...loool.

I just didnt realize this was posted under wrong section just now!

Hahahaha

Please admin, transfer it to Historical section.

Thanks

I'm really excited that I Just got 4184 The Black Pearl NIB for a pretty low price compared to how much people are selling them for these days.

Well done! I'm considering that one myself, since I missed all the older Pirates sets. I'm not a huge PotC fan (fun movies, admittedly), but those two licensed ships look pretty lovely, especially the Pearl with those ominous black sails.

My own latest are 2009's Brickbeard's Bounty and Shipwreck Hideout... hopefully! Currently both are on their way to me from far overseas. :)

Oh, and also a pair of 2015 Shipwreck Defense sets on sale at Target, since Lego decided not to give us enough cannons for the 2015 Brick Bounty! :(

Well done! I'm considering that one myself, since I missed all the older Pirates sets. I'm not a huge PotC fan (fun movies, admittedly), but those two licensed ships look pretty lovely, especially the Pearl with those ominous black sails.

Yeah the sails are very nice and there are some cool minifigs in the set. I never got all of the sets in the PotC line(I'm considering getting them) but as soon as the Pearl arrives I will have both sips from that theme. I bought the new soldiers fort on Tuesday as well but haven't built it yet. I don't know what peoples general thoughts on that set is Edited by cullmancreations