V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Christmas this year brought many POTC sets:

The Mill, Whitecap Bay, QAR, BP, Cannibal Escape, London Escape, Captain's Cabin. I already had Captain's Cabin, so I returned that for a giftcard. It was a mighty good haul.

I have been lucky lately. I have been able to buy or get the last pieces for the sets recently:

6258 Smugglers Shanty

6280 Armada Flagship

6270 Forbidden Island

and last but not least

6285 Black Seas Barracuda

Now I have all the pirate sets from 1989. :pir-laugh:

I received the Black Pearl for Christmas!

It is my first pirate ship ever! it's very breathtaking for being my first one, although it does have flaws. I'm considering rebuilding it from the ground up, with a much more accurate look and structure. :pir-cry_happy:

I got QAR for $83 at target! SCORE!

I also rebuilt the black seas barracuda and al the other sets from 1989 pirates.

Was it on clearance already?

I just build the Imperial Flagship, as what I mentioned in the other thread I don't like the sails on the booms, but realized that the sails themselves match the QAR and BP sails so I just need to buy the parts to put them on.

Have Skull's Eye Schooner getting shipped as well.

Then I will start building a custom ship, my very first. Going to base it off the Caribbean Clipper but have 3 masts and use the blue mini flag that appears in Rock Island refuge (using 2) to create side sails for the mid mast, like the old Imperial Flagship but on each side.

Just gotta figure out a good color scheme, I am going for the old 1989 style theme for it, I want it to feel like it belonged in that same set with it's little brother the Clipper, so I am guessing a mix of black yellow and blue.

The Queen Anne's Revenge for $99! :shark: Twice as big as the Bounty and double the piece count. Very nifty bargain.

Edited by Napoleon53

I got the Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge for Christmas.

I put together the Black Pearl a couple days ago. It's an okay ship. The transom by the rudder is kind of awkward. A strong point is that I like the rigging on the jib and the mizzen sail.

Haven't done the QAR yet.

Went to two targets one had it on sale and one didnt

Alright good to know. I've $100 lying around waiting to be spent on the Black Pearl, but if I can get it on sale, I'm all for it.

Alright good to know. I've $100 lying around waiting to be spent on the Black Pearl, but if I can get it on sale, I'm all for it.

Woot! My patience payed off.

From the community thread.

The last PotC set that I needed, and and I got it on sale. 20% off!

4184-1.jpg?1

The last PotC set that I needed, and and I got it on sale. 20% off!

The last you needed needed, or needed to complete the theme? :D I too bought the Captains Cabin today and there with completed my POTC collection (9 sets - not counting the battle pack and the poly bags). Now eagerly awaiting the next wave, if there is one :S

I have wanted the Imperial Flagship since I first saw it. However I was always too busy focusing on LEGO SW and thought I had time later on to pick it up. I was really bummed when I discovered earlier this week that it was no longer listed on the S@H site. I checked Bricklink and eBay and the prices have skyrocketed. I found someone on Craigslist who wanted $200 for it, but when I asked, was told someone bought it and there was a ton of interest in it. Anyhow on a whim I decided to call S@H and see if maybe they had it in stock. The lady looked and guess what she said they had only 1 more in stock. I told her I'd take it but she warned me that there was a good chance it may be sold already. So, I waited nervously overnight for the "Your LEGO Order has Shipped" email and guess what. WOO-HOO!!! I just got the email. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am right now. I got the last one.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

The last you needed needed, or needed to complete the theme? :D I too bought the Captains Cabin today and there with completed my POTC collection (9 sets - not counting the battle pack and the poly bags). Now eagerly awaiting the next wave, if there is one :S

It was the last in the theme I needed to have every PotC set, including polybags and the battle pack.

I'm ready for another wave LEGO, please????

I scored the Black Pearl from Amazon yesterday! Between Amazon's 20% off discount, a $50 gift card, and some Discover rewards, I only spent about $24. :pir-cry_happy:

Amazing deal here in Belgium for those who don't have a Queen Anne's Revenge yet or other sets:

Collishop.be / Colruyt.be

QAR: -50 %: 60 EUR ($ 78)

Fountain of youth: -50%: 14 EUR ($ 18)

The Mill: -38%: 25 EUR ($ 32)

Isla de la Muerte: -50%: 15 EUR ($ 20)

Edited by Cammo

I scored the Black Pearl from Amazon yesterday! Between Amazon's 20% off discount, a $50 gift card, and some Discover rewards, I only spent about $24. :pir-cry_happy:

That 20% was just what I was waiting for to get this ship.

Mine showed up in great condition too, the box only had a tiny dent. As a future review, I like the boxes nice.

My shopping:

dsc4310a.jpg

dsc4311copy.jpg

dsc4319d.jpg

dsc4323ia.jpg

dsc4325v.jpg

dsc4321q.jpg

6243 Brickbeard's Bounty

6242 Soldiers' Fort

6241 Loot Island

8396 Soldier's Arsenal

Tic Tac Toe

Wonderful classic pirates sets. I love them.

^ Very nice! I never got the tic tac toe set, really wanted it though!

Recently I got:

6244 Armada Sentry

6248 Volcano Island

6267 Lagoon Lock-Up

6270 Forbidden Island

6286 Skull's Eye Schooner

I'll post pictures later this week! :wink: