V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Well i just bid too much on a lot of 40 imperial soldiers and miraculously won.... but when i went back to look who the competiton was and what they had bid on in the past.. i got to wondering if i had bid against one of you canucks on the board here? the last guy that was bidding against me was named renegaderumrunner from canada, is that any of you guys? Let me know, and i will try to stay away from auctions I see you bid on in the future. that goes for anyone that wants to give me their ebay name... i won't make promises (we are pirates after all!!! lol ) but I will try, might restrain my lego spending habits too hehehe. (i got paid this weekend, and then just blew it all on lego.... food is overrated anyway...)

Well i just bid too much on a lot of 40 imperial soldiers and miraculously won.... but when i went back to look who the competiton was and what they had bid on in the past.. i got to wondering if i had bid against one of you canucks on the board here? the last guy that was bidding against me was named renegaderumrunner from canada, is that any of you guys? Let me know, and i will try to stay away from auctions I see you bid on in the future. that goes for anyone that wants to give me their ebay name... i won't make promises (we are pirates after all!!! lol ) but I will try, might restrain my lego spending habits too hehehe. (i got paid this weekend, and then just blew it all on lego.... food is overrated anyway...)

wasn't this Canuck...what is the market price for an imperial soldier nowadays?

i have been picking them up from 2.50 - 4.00 american but then you have to add shipping of atleast 2 dollars sometimes 6.00 per lot... and they average around 3 or 4 figs a lot... so i figured i was saving money just bidding really high for 40 when shipping is 4 pounds... whatever that is... like 8 bucks i think lol. i see two broadsides in the lot which are worth alot more... so my total was like 160 after shipping I believe... that is 4 dollars per fig with two broadsides.... so it was an expensive aquisistion, but i probably would have spent that much over the next couple months anyway picking the same figs up... i want to do some war gaming and i am very short on imperials to man my ships. but this last purchase has really broken my bank... i think i am going to give my ebay pw to my fiance for safe keeping for a couple months... maybe... lol.

i have been picking them up from 2.50 - 4.00 american but then you have to add shipping of atleast 2 dollars sometimes 6.00 per lot... and they average around 3 or 4 figs a lot... so i figured i was saving money just bidding really high for 40 when shipping is 4 pounds... whatever that is... like 8 bucks i think lol. i see two broadsides in the lot which are worth alot more... so my total was like 160 after shipping I believe... that is 4 dollars per fig with two broadsides.... so it was an expensive aquisistion, but i probably would have spent that much over the next couple months anyway picking the same figs up... i want to do some war gaming and i am very short on imperials to man my ships. but this last purchase has really broken my bank... i think i am going to give my ebay pw to my fiance for safe keeping for a couple months... maybe... lol.

Giving your pw to ebay to your fiance might not be a good idea if your fiance is like my wife. :)

C'mon down to new brunswick canada and I'll destroy yer pathetic little army beneath my heel! (figuratively i'd never destroy a lego minifig, that would be....unthinkable!)

Giving your pw to ebay to your fiance might not be a good idea if your fiance is like my wife. :)

C'mon down to new brunswick canada and I'll destroy yer pathetic little army beneath my heel! (figuratively i'd never destroy a lego minifig, that would be....unthinkable!)

Yeah you are probably right... women like spending money too much.

LOL. Probably... but these 40 will put me over 100 imperials, so i finally have a company! hahaha....

Never been to NB, is it nice in the summer?

i used to live in ontario for military school, so i suppose i am a shade canuck myself...

Which makes me wonder... i wonder if we could ever have a "pirate fest" get together somewhere, i know alot of people are from all over the world so i supposed there is no real good destination to go to... but it would be cool to find a place where we could rent out a large conference room at a hotel, wargame, show off our pirate MOCs and drink! lol those of us that are of age in whatever country we do it in of course.... lol

I know it sounds like brickfest, but i mean a smaller scale, plus i dont know how much wargaming happens at brick fest???

Wow, good find. I saw that a while back. On eba, i look. And look only...not buy, look, not buy. no spending money.

Wow, good find. I saw that a while back. On eba, i look. And look only...not buy, look, not buy. no spending money.

you are a brave man with a will of iron. i am weak.... lol

I didn't bid on this one. But i was watching it.

You're spending serious money to build your lego empire.

Do you have any pictures of your army (or fleet)?

Bony

BTW, did you like the Reggae Roots CD ?

I didn't bid on this one. But i was watching it.

You're spending serious money to build your lego empire.

Do you have any pictures of your army (or fleet)?

Bony

BTW, did you like the Reggae Roots CD ?

Yeah, i need to stop lol. really need to stop. They just look so cool standing side by side though. And before i move for my PHD program in about 10 months (i have no idea where i am going as of yet, just know i can't stay here lol) i am going to have a huge pirate wargaming weekend, where the town i am planning (and starting) to build will be under siege and i wanted to have many soldiers to fend off the pirate players... the town will ultimately be destroyed of course (i have to move anyway) but it will be pretty cool... so i suppose I am stocking up for that event. Now if i can just convince people to wargame with lego... LMAO.

As for pictures... other then the couple of pictures of MOCs i have posted, no. Most of my fleet is in hibernation at my moms house because she has more room (roughly 1 unbuilt SES, 3 extended CC, 3 BSBs, 1 RBR (another unbuilt), 2 AF, 2 IF and 7 or 8 customs, various sizes... some steam ships too, but those don't count lol. i have the pieces to make more ships though there...i think) I listed what i have at this house in the fleet listing. THough I may build another ship relatively soon. I am posting a picture of a MOC pirate "fortress" that i built tonight... so you will get to see some imperials in action as they attempt to raid them. I will snap a picture or my "unassigned" soldiers and put it in the folder too...

as for the CD... it was a loops CD, i mix music once in a while, and have a joke band that i have produced a couple CDs with... I was hoping for more Ska like beats and guitars on the regae CD, but it has been fun so far.

we had a great spring and a great summer 25-35c pretty much the whole way through. Spring is usually pretty messy and not quite so warm but this year was very nice (I like global warming!) C'mon down and we'll war game... my two boys, aged 5 and 7, aren't quite old enough yet to realize there are rules to wargaming. But its kinda cool to get your entire crew and marines (80+) mowed down by Count Dooku, General Greivous, two Boba Fetts and Batman. Kids have such a great imagination. Kinda reminds me of "Ultimate Showdown or Ultimate Destiny" ever seen the video? Its pretty nifty!

check it out its a hoot!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267

LOL. Probably... but these 40 will put me over 100 imperials, so i finally have a company! hahaha....

i used to live in ontario for military school, so i suppose i am a shade canuck myself...

Which makes me wonder... i wonder if we could ever have a "pirate fest" get together somewhere, i know alot of people are from all over the world so i supposed there is no real good destination to go to... but it would be cool to find a place where we could rent out a large conference room at a hotel, wargame, show off our pirate MOCs and drink! lol those of us that are of age in whatever country we do it in of course.... lol

I know it sounds like brickfest, but i mean a smaller scale, plus i dont know how much wargaming happens at brick fest???

One of my personal favorites too! lol. those poor imperials... batman is a formable enemy.

You are speaking crazy speak with your celcius. but thats about what we get temperture wise here too. i believe we were up to 40 one day but thats just what my thermometer in my car says... who knows what 40 really is, and i can't figure out how to change it to Ferenheit again... lol. they should really put that in the manual, i already know how to put gas in my car, use that page for telling me how to work the thermometer.

we had a great spring and a great summer 25-35c pretty much the whole way through. Spring is usually pretty messy and not quite so warm but this year was very nice (I like global warming!) C'mon down and we'll war game... my two boys, aged 5 and 7, aren't quite old enough yet to realize there are rules to wargaming. But its kinda cool to get your entire crew and marines (80+) mowed down by Count Dooku, General Greivous, two Boba Fetts and Batman. Kids have such a great imagination. Kinda reminds me of "Ultimate Showdown or Ultimate Destiny" ever seen the video? Its pretty nifty!

check it out its a hoot!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267

Yeah, i need to stop lol. really need to stop. They just look so cool standing side by side though. And before i move for my PHD program in about 10 months (i have no idea where i am going as of yet, just know i can't stay here lol) i am going to have a huge pirate wargaming weekend, where the town i am planning (and starting) to build will be under siege and i wanted to have many soldiers to fend off the pirate players... the town will ultimately be destroyed of course (i have to move anyway) but it will be pretty cool... so i suppose I am stocking up for that event. Now if i can just convince people to wargame with lego... LMAO.

Introduce them to Evil Stevie's Pirate Game

http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html

Introduce them to Evil Stevie's Pirate Game

http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html

ESPG has many flaws, we played it a couple years back a few times, before my fleet was booming.... my freinds didn't like the rules sets because of holes and some over complications that were not nessesary, it turned them off from gaming with lego... i am tryingto put together a new system, with more variety hopefully....

I don't think you made a bad deal. Time is passing an no pirate theme is in sight, so the supplies for good minifigs might be short soon. And this only because there are those crazy guys who like to see armies of minifig imperial soldiers.

Errmm, wait that's us ! :-D

I understand you can't get enough of them, they look so cool, especially when they are numerous

Well i just bid too much on a lot of 40 imperial soldiers and miraculously won....

Out of curiosity how much did you pay for these soldiers? Was it the US$160 after postage making them US$4 each? That sounds like a reasonable price to me for a lot of 40 because I don't often see that many in a single auction. If you bought them in lots of say 3 to 5 you'd pay a lot more on postage.

we had a great spring and a great summer 25-35c pretty much the whole way through.

What do you mean by 25 to 35 cents the whole way through? 25 to 35 cents for what? I think I've missed something here!

Well i just bid too much on a lot of 40 imperial soldiers and miraculously won....

Out of curiosity how much did you pay for these soldiers? Was it the US$160 after postage making them US$4 each? That sounds like a reasonable price to me for a lot of 40 because I don't often see that many in a single auction. If you bought them in lots of say 3 to 5 you'd pay a lot more on postage.

we had a great spring and a great summer 25-35c pretty much the whole way through.

What do you mean by 25 to 35 cents the whole way through? 25 to 35 cents for what? I think I've missed something here!

I think the c means Celcius...

I think the c means Celcius...

yeah we were talking about temperature

but yeah, 160ish american after everything was said and done. so 4 dollars a piece. I have stopped bidding for a bit though lol.... well until my refund check for school comes in haha

Boy did I ever get a good deal at a local retail store Zellers recently. They had all thier clearance lego marked 50% off the lowest price! So I picked up a bunch of 4506's for $12.50 CAN (approx 11ish US) so now I got 4 big mama sharks cruising around my ships. I also picked up 4856 (Doc Ock's Hideout) for $26 CAN. Its got alot a wharf pieces! Also got 7074 (the 4+ pirate kit) for $15 CAN. Over all I think I spent about $200-300, I even went to the Zellers across the river but they didn't have the same deal, they said its because the other store had so much Discontinued stuff they wanted to blow it out... I think I'll run over tomorrow and se what else they have!

This thread hasn't got any new responses in almost 2 months so I'm thinking its ready to be moved to the Imperial Trading Post Records.

But first does anyone have any comments or questions to add to the discussion?

Well i just bid too much on a lot of 40 imperial soldiers and miraculously won.... but when i went back to look who the competiton was and what they had bid on in the past.. i got to wondering if i had bid against one of you canucks on the board here? the last guy that was bidding against me was named renegaderumrunner from canada, is that any of you guys?

He's my dad's friend lol :-D

I recently bought 15 blue coat Soldiers and an admiral for 49$, I suppose that's a good price? Mr.SkaForHire, have you gotten those in, obviously you did, but could you show us a pic of them or what they're being used in? Thanks :-)