V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Congratulations Mr Athos, you're well and truly kicking my butt on the eBay feedback score steaks. However, my total positive feedback is 513 and yours is 616 so I'm not that far behind, I've just bought a lot of items of the same sellers. I have my regular LEGO sellers you see and they give me great postage discounts when I buy in bulk from them.

You say you're two sets away from completing your pirate collection? There about 64 sets so if you're lacking two you're about 95% complete. By the way do you have 1729 Barnacle Bay and 1788 Pirates Chest?

Also how much LEGO (particular in Pirate) have you (or anyone else who cares to share) bought over eBay?

Athos you have purchased much from eBay which is something I have never done before as I am scared that I might get a bad seller. Have you have such problems with bad sellers?

Athos you have purchased much from eBay which is something I have never done before as I am scared that I might get a bad seller. Have you have such problems with bad sellers?

I've had two bad experiences. One when I bought Ancient Amazon Ruins. There were some pieces missing and some broken. Nothing major and the seller offered to replace them, but I got such a good deal on it, I didn't bother. The other, and more saddening to me, was when I won Carriage Ride and one other paradisa set for $10, and the stupid seller sent it to the wrong address... I did get my money refunded but I still didn't get my pony. :(

Wow! What a great deal! 8-

You're doing quite well Mr Athos, I never realised you were interested enough in pirates to acquire all the sets. Where did you get your 1729 Barnacle Bay from?

Also how much LEGO (particular in Pirate) have you (or anyone else who cares to share) bought over eBay?

I don't buy all that much over ebay, the only pirate set I bought was the Red Beard Runner, for around $60.

I've acquired almost every Pirate set via eBay and haven't had a trouble with any of the LEGO sellers. I've had some problems with DVD sellers selling illegitimate DVDs but after having words with them I've managed to sort them out. Except this one time this seller unregistered from eBay after I sent the money, but it was only a small (amount around US$5.00) so it was no big loss.

Where did you get your 1729 Barnacle Bay from?

My dad was a military reservist, so I had access to the BX (Base Exchance) which often carried sets that were readily available in the US (i.e. Guarded Inn, Maiden's Cart, etc.). So I never really realized a lot of sets weren't available here. I'm pretty sure that's where it came from.

Steve

You're one lucky laddie Mr Athos! Could you explain what Base Exchange is and why it has LEGO sets that are readily avaiable? To be honest I have no idea what the Base Exchange is!

Seriously that is one good deal! I wish I had seen auctions like this back when I was still spending every penny I had on Pirates! Well...Too bad I guess congratulations on a good find.

You're one lucky laddie Mr Athos! Could you explain what Base Exchange is and why it has LEGO sets that are readily avaiable? To be honest I have no idea what the Base Exchange is!

Basically its just a store that's operated on the military base for the soldiers. Its run by the military's AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service). So, I assume, since they supply the shops all over the world they have special contracts with suppliers, that aren't necessarily available to other retailers. All this is pretty much conjecture, since its been about 10 years since my dad retired, so I'm not exactly sure about the logistics of it all.

Steve

What I'm not understanding is why would a store for military soldiers stock LEGO? Is the military taking into account that some of the soldiers may have children which they may need to buy gifts for, and thus they stock products like LEGO? But that still doesn't explain why such a store would be stocking rare promotional sets that weren't available in stores.

What I'm not understanding is why would a store for military soldiers stock LEGO? Is the military taking into account that some of the soldiers may have children which they may need to buy gifts for, and thus they stock products like LEGO?

I assume it is something like that. They all seemed to have a small (2 or 3 aisle) toy department with various toys.

Steve

:excl:

Wow!

I need to look on ebay more often.

So Athos, you have every pirate set except for 2?

Does this include all the imperial soldier and spanish armada sets?

So Athos, you have every pirate set except for 2?

Does this include all the imperial soldier and spanish armada sets?

Yes. All but the two I mentioned. Though to be completely honest, I only have the legend edition of the BSB

Steve

why have you done this Athos, i dont really want to see others rubbing their rare lego sets in my face,sets that i cant have, but thankyou for showing me a set that i am now considering purchasing at a ridiculous price. Thank you so very much athos!

why have you done this Athos, i dont really want to see others rubbing their rare lego sets in my face,sets that i cant have, but thankyou for showing me a set that i am now considering purchasing at a ridiculous price. Thank you so very much athos!

That's what I'm here for... ;-) Just keep checking ebay and don't get impatient and great deals will come to you too...

Steve

Hey Athos, with all these pirate sets, do you plan on doing any large pirate mocs?

Or are you collecting them for the sake of collecting?

And just what set is this Mr Cleese?

And just what set is this Mr Cleese?

I think he's referring to the Skull's Eye Schooner.

I'm trying to find one of those too!

Cheapest price on bricklink I could find is $140 (no box, no instructions)

I'll wait till I see it on ebay for cheaper.

The Skulls Eye Schooner is not a cheap set to come by but I wouldn't call it rare. Not like that damn Barnacle Bay I missed out on due to stupidity!

Not like that damn Barnacle Bay I missed out on due to stupidity!

Barnacle Bay is a rare set?

I got one with instructions but no box about 2 or 3 weeks ago off bricklink.

Yes, its extremely rare because it was only a promotional set. I let one in MISB for around US$15 pass me by due to being a complete fool. Never seen one in my region let again at alone one for that price. The cheapest MISB Barnacle Bay on BrickLink right now is US$59.99.

How much did you get yours for Mr W?