V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Sorry to break your joy mister phes but there not MISB:

Each set has been constructed once then put back in its box, by a careful adult owner. Therefore, the lego is in mint condition. It has never been played with. All sets are boxed and 100% complete. Some of the boxes are a bit squashed and dusty from storage and the ends on some have been torn to open.

Still nice to have that much pirate stuff ..... ;)

Ahhhhhhh... Someone who bothered to read the auction. I was too mesmerised by all the boxes to pay attention to the writing...

While browsing the pirate LEGO sets in eBay one day I discovered a couple of sellers from the UK who were selling pirate MOCs. I don't think they were building piraet MOCs with the intention of them on selling them eBay, rather they put a bunch of pieces together to present them in the best possible way.

The first

b7_1_b.JPG

Rather a good price for everything that the auction includes, but unfortunately the seller did not have a digital camera and could not provide better images.

The second

00_1_b.JPG

I've seen many Pirate MOCs sold on internet auctions in Poland so that's nothing new to me. But I agree with you that building them is rather a way of showing the pieces they have to sell. I'm pretty sure that if I bought one of those it would be just for parts, not to keep the MOC in the form I got it and put it on a shelf (well, I even rarely do it with original Lego sets).

I wouldn't say this was super cheap from what I've seen. I've got one off eBay cheaper and seen them go even cheaper, but then again I've got more that was quite a bit more expensive. So in comparission to the more expensive one its super cheap, but if you shop round then I'd say its current price is reasonable.

But I haven't been in the market for a Caribbean Clipper of late so maybe they've significantly increased in value without me knowing...

Here's an auction for a Caribbean Clipper which was slightly cheaper. See auction here

I'd say this is a reasonable price for a Caribbean Clipper without a box, however in the case of the first auction the seller has failed provide images of the actual ship and resorted to using a catalogue image. This obviously detracts bidders since they can't actually see what they're bidding for.

If you happen to come across anymore Pirate MOCs on eBay, do you suppose you could post a link to the auction and/or a picture?

At last check the price is only US$106... I've seen normal Black Seas Barracuda sell for that much, with all the extras this one should be worth heaps more...

At last check the price is only US$106...  I've seen normal Black Seas Barracuda sell for that much, with all the extras this one should be worth heaps more...

Indeed. As that's me up there at $106. Awesome set *wub*! I expect it will go higher. I have never seen eBay Lego prices higher than right now.

I am hoping that the fact that this is a "used" toy will prevent prices from going totally insane.

Didn't they rerelease it?

They did, but not this "version".

Wow...

Ahhhh! I see - My bad :| Wasn't paying attention

KimT

it is pretty nice, but a few more bricks to make the hull a bit higher would have been great.

the second mast isn't high enough either.

I still think its beautiful! THis guy basically just added another center piece just like the normal ship....Doubled it. and added the skull from RBR it seems. Doubled everything.

it is pretty nice, but a few more bricks to make the hull a bit higher would have been great.

the second mast isn't high enough either.

There's always room for improvements!