V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Love the above vintage sets. Nice buy :)

I'll be sure to update when I complete the other sets. Vintage pirates is the only life for me!

Bricklink orders came through....I now have a complete #6249 Pirate Ambush, and #6296 Shipwreck Island pirate_devg1.gif

20160515_004904_zpsbyirov4b.jpg

20160515_005037_zpsnox4augl.jpg

Just waiting on 2 more Bricklink orders to finish up my Red Beard Runner, along with a few eBay purchases which should be in soon!

Nice purchase @Corweena.

My self i bought the Pirate Ambush few months back and i love it. Now my 1996 pirate theme is complete ;-)

After rewatching the PotC movies, I realized I never actually bought any of the Lego sets!

A quick trip to Bricklink netted me a Jack Sparrow for the very reasonable price of $3.49.

26993327141_1e377fa1e2_c.jpg

The troops have finally arrived! 700 Redcoats are marching to you soon! All I have to get now are 700 head's and a few more tricornes. I'm going to get fleshie heads mainly because I'm not going to order 1400 yellow hands and rip and replace every single one independently! I'm too lazy for that and I have spend more than enough for the troops. Ill post pictures when I get them all assembled. Put in ranks etc.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

A nice little trio of sets that arrived from an eBay purchase. #1713/1733 Shipwrecked Pirate, #1970 Pirate Gun Cart, and #1464/1696 Pirate Lookout. I love finding cheap combo sets like this. Makes me feel good after spending a good chunk of change on larger stuff pirate_tong.gif

20160518_010026_zpslezgzwb8.jpg

Edited by Corweena

Just got boxed sets of 6234 Renegades Raft, 6257 Castaways Raft & 6259 Broadsides Brig.

Also came with an extra 6257 without box.

I already had all these sets but the main reason I bought it was the boxed 6259 which I hadn't got. Have seen this for sale a lot over the last 6 months but this is only the second one I've seen which was boxed.

Just got boxed sets of 6234 Renegades Raft, 6257 Castaways Raft & 6259 Broadsides Brig.

Also came with an extra 6257 without box.

I already had all these sets but the main reason I bought it was the boxed 6259 which I hadn't got. Have seen this for sale a lot over the last 6 months but this is only the second one I've seen which was boxed.

OK, here's the pictures.

The 3 sets.

27329374815_b0e9321878_c.jpg6259 Broadside's Brig by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

A nice little poster that was in the 6234 set which shows the entire 1989 launch line sets.

27054635640_d05fd71a27_c.jpg6259 Broadside's Brig by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

So cool. Nothing great than old Era :-)

Yes, the "Pirates I" era is my favourite. I prefer the simplicity of the earlier figures.

I have all of the Bluecoat sets now so need to start adding some more Redcoats.

I just noticed that the Eldorado Fort picture on the poster appears to be reversed! The ramp is on the wrong side!

I just noticed that the Eldorado Fort picture on the poster appears to be reversed! The ramp is on the wrong side!

Dont be surprised :)

If you see most of the catalouges and sets boxes, you will even see a lot of free movement of parts from place to place and they dont have to be exactly like in the building instruction. and yea, in catalouge 1987 if you see the Castle page, you will see the Black knight from set 6035 The White Flag on his lance is up-side-down.. ;)

But what are you referring to is that the photo is of Mirror image.

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Just got some more figures from Bricklink. A mix of Imperial Soldiers and pirates and got another Lego storage box.

Also just nabbed a Rock Island Refuge on eBay so looking forward to that arriving! :D

Just got some more figures from Bricklink. A mix of Imperial Soldiers and pirates and got another Lego storage box.

Also just nabbed a Rock Island Refuge on eBay so looking forward to that arriving! :D

Would be great to see photos of what you got ;)

Would be great to see photos of what you got ;)

Ok, here goes.

I needed another storage box after recent buys so I ordered one off eBay but later on found I'd actually ordered a lunch box which looks similar in the picture. So now I have both.

27452666075_b5c2519c70_c.jpgMore eBay bits - June 2016 by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

I got this bundle of figures off Bricklink.

27381116261_d9f3e6b009_c.jpgMore eBay bits - June 2016 by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

And this morning this just came in the post!

26845387883_c46c20604e_c.jpgMore eBay bits - June 2016 by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

@ The Imperial Soldier!

Very nice Haul. Love the 6273 set :-)...

Is it new?

No. It was 2nd hand from eBay.

Have just put it together and there are a few small missing bits. Also no Bluecoat boat and the pirate wench is missing and replaced by a random pirate.

There were a few Castle type swords in there instead of cutlasses and most of the pirates the print is starting to rub off the fronts.

I'm not too fussed as they did say there were bits missing in the ad. Will need to give it a clean as it's quite dusty and Bricklink some parts. The box is in reasonable condition though with just a small tear on one corner but the inner tray is there.

The missing bluecoat boat is a pity. It is the only set with the blue/white sail. It looks very good. I am a Bit a Fan of this small boat.

Yesterday I asked my local toy store owner why the last pirate sets stands on the discout table but with normal price.

70410 and 70412. Togehter normal price was 54 Euro together. He asked what I would want to pay for it. I allready have the sets twice openend and more than 10 timeas sealed (Investment). I told him I want 30 % discount and I got it. Paid 34 Euro for both together.

Edited by Matthias

The missing bluecoat boat is a pity. It is the only set with the blue/white sail. It looks very good. I am a Bit a Fan of this small boat.

Yesterday I asked my local toy store owner why the last pirate set stands on the discout table but with normal price.

70410 and 70412. Togehter normal price was 54 Euro together. He ask what I would want to pay for it. I allready have the sets twice openend and more than 10 timeas sealed (Investment). I told him I want 30 % discount and I got it. Paid 34 Euro for both together.

Amazing bargain mate :-)