V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Dare I ask where you procured them from?

From ebay....i am a manic Lego fan...just watching on best deals everywhere and then i pull the trigger loooooool....all my time on ebay/BL...

but these sets will be built as i dont like to keep things boxed..;)

From ebay....i am a manic Lego fan...just watching on best deals everywhere and then i pull the trigger loooooool....all my time on ebay/BL...

but these sets will be built as i dont like to keep things boxed..;)

Yes, eBay is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine too.

Just got this lot for £70.

Needs a good clean and there'll probably be a few bits missing but should get a lot of pieces ready to use in MOCs and there are quite a few minifigs there.

26190269136_9e138a3fbc_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Also got this to keep my expanding collection of parts in.

26123734502_a96b4dc70d_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Yes, eBay is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine too.

Just got this lot for £70.

Needs a good clean and there'll probably be a few bits missing but should get a lot of pieces ready to use in MOCs and there are quite a few minifigs there.

Boxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Also got this to keep my expanding collection of parts in.

Boxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

A Great Lot for making MOC mate :)

Lego 6249 ( Pirate Ambush ):

26260537676_1666ff3353_z.jpg

26260535876_73f80671f2_z.jpg

26220219871_a259df55b8_z.jpg

Over All, Nice Set and will be great match with 6281 when attached together :)

cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Personally, I'm not that keen on the Armada stuff but this looks a good little set.

The 1996-1997 Pirate set are indeed not well organized in terms of sets ( No Fortress and the sets are all of small ones except for the 6281 ). But i love them all except for the Armada ship ( The reason i dont buy it ) :)

The 1996-1997 Pirate set are indeed not well organized in terms of sets ( No Fortress and the sets are all of small ones except for the 6281 ). But i love them all except for the Armada ship ( The reason i dont buy it ) :)

I think I like the Imperial Soldiers/Guards too much.

Just not keen on the Spanish style. Not keen on the Islanders either.

The soldiers versus the Pirates is where it's at! :)

Lego 6281 ( Pirates Perilous Pitfall ) in Neat Condition:

25703140440_2b17bbc74a_z.jpg

25374948443_dbeb55a670_z.jpg

Oh My God what a beauty! I'm glad to see a collector like you. After i saw your sets I felt an urge to upload some pictures about my sets! pir_laugh2.gif Here is one of my favourite!

IMG_20150119_124901.jpg

Edited by Leoric

Oh My God what a beauty! I'm glad to see a collector like you. After i saw your sets I felt an urge to upload some pictures about my sets! pir_laugh2.gif Here is one of my favourite!

I love the BSB a lot!...nice set you have and looks in great condition :-).

Glad meeting you ( Collector )

Please post if you have anymore.

Cheers

Cheers

I agree.

Even though I'm a soldiers fan, the BSB is definitely the best set!

Along with my boxed BSB, I recently got another that has a few pieces missing and needs a clean. I'm planning on making it in to a Bluecoats ship to give the Imperial Soldiers something to match the BSB! :)

Edited by The Imperial Soldier

I agree.

Even though I'm a soldiers fan, the BSB is definitely the best set!

Along with my boxed BSB, I recently got another that has Agee pieces missing and needs a clean. I'm planning on making it in to a Bluecoats ship to give the Imperial Soldiers something to match the BSB! :)

i will post my NIB: BSB and SES when i get time ;)

My latest Bricklink haul just came in including the new 2015/16 Bluecoat torsos. total of 200 of them. Also waiting for 1400 muskets and 600 tricones to be arriving soonish. Plus im looking forward of expanding my Redcoat army greatly... default_devil_laugh.gif

Captain Becker

Cheers

I have to make a photo all of them. I have all the Pirates sets, but unfortunately not all of them has box. Well, here is the next! Islanders theme is close to my heart! pirate_laugh_new.gif

IMG_20150122_183445.jpg

My latest Bricklink haul just came in including the new 2015/16 Bluecoat torsos. total of 200 of them. Also waiting for 1400 muskets and 600 tricones to be arriving soonish. Plus im looking forward of expanding my Redcoat army greatly... default_devil_laugh.gif

Captain Becker

so where are you heading to make the war? pirate_laugh2.gif

Arrrrgg..u r making me to post my Islanders sets too..lloooll..

Let's do it! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Let's do it! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Cheers!....if you go back and check the old posts in this thread, you will see what i have . but i will make a new one with whole theme collection pirate_blush.gif

I forgot the treasure troves that are hobby shops that sell Lego, while retailers and actual Lego store sets sell popular sets and keep in touch with new sets, sometimes hobby stores are the last place people would look for Lego sets, I found the entire pirate line at retail price and rebought them again!

OK, I've finally got round to sorting through the listing I got from eBay of a rather dusty 6285:BSB, lots of extra pieces from the 6270:FI set, castle pieces and minifigs.

26190269136_9e138a3fbc_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Since receiving I've dismantled the BSB and all the other parts and given them a wash in soapy water. They will still all need another clean.

Meanwhile I have taken out all of the minifigs, animals and weapons to see what was included in full.

This is what came out:

26124923490_0ff355be0b_c.jpgMinifigs eBay buy by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

26124922790_312de8ccd3_c.jpgMinifigs eBay buy by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

As you can see a lot of the minifigs had all the parts jumbled when they arrived but there were 36 altogether (8 not Pirates theme), 4 monkeys, 4 parrots and 2 sharks.

I have now re-arranged the parts and am pleased to have another 28 Pirate themed minifigs. Only 5 need hats to complete them.

26371870456_8f35f0201e_c.jpgMinifigs eBay buy by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

I'm very close to having 100 Bluecoats now! :)

Back at it again after a little bit of a hiatus. I scored a bulk lot on Craigslist last week for $30. I normally don't buy bulk, but this had a good amount of complete sets, including some pirate stuff I could see in the pics, so I pulled the trigger. Man, did I luck out. In addition to a bunch of 90s space stuff (which I built and am selling on eBay already), I got an 90% complete #6249 Pirate Ambush, 75% complete #6296 Shipwreck Island, 60% complete #6289 Red Beard Runner, and a 100% complete #6246 Crocodile Cage. I'll be Bricklinking the rest of the needed parts for those shortly.

20160425_190111_zpsgzpsljcs.jpg

20160425_190515_zpsaa6dadcf.jpg

The crown jewel of the lot though, was that I got my hands on a 100% complete #6250 Crossbone Clipper. Even though this is the smallest and least complex ship, it also appears to be one of the hardest to find cheap. Once I sell all the stuff I don't want, I should be able to break even on all the parts I need for the other sets.

20160425_190307_zpsr3oyvo9u.jpg

20160425_190323_zpszwcw1zqa.jpg

Edited by Corweena