V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I registered an account just to say that I won an ebay auction for the Caribbean Clipper! About $90 (that price includes the shipping cost). Even includes a couple of extra imperial armada soldiers.

I've had my eye on that set for a long, long time to complement the Black Seas Barracuda and Imperial Flagship sets that I kept (with boxes and instructions!) since I was teenager back in the 1990s!

The only drawback is that the Clipper doesn't come with the box or instructions and one of the clips on the main flag is broken (I can live with that), but I'm ok with looking up the instructions online.

Nice bag, Phes. It's just a Bricklink seller recycling an official LEGO bag though, right?

Nice bag, Phes. It's just a Bricklink seller recycling an official LEGO bag though, right?

I've seen it for sale before and it is an actual Lego pack with Pirate specific pieces in case you lose them from the main sets.

Nope, it's the real deal. The LEGO pieces are actually inside two seal packets... so that's like 2xMISP!

The outer packet is the general LEGO Service Packet while the inner packet is bar-coded with the set ID.

Ah, pretty sweet. Especially the plumes. I love me some plumes.

I could never open those packs. They are just perfect when unused for ever pir_laugh2.gif

Lego 6281 ( Pirates Perilous Pitfall ) in Neat Condition:

25703140440_2b17bbc74a_z.jpg

25374948443_dbeb55a670_z.jpg

You are living my dream

I could never open those packs. They are just perfect when unused for ever pir_laugh2.gif

You are living my dream

Thanks My Friend!

indeed..unpacking these are difficult to tell

i would love from my deep heart to share this with you :)

cheers

That's why I got one... to preserve the nostalgia forever.

If I wanted the pieces for building I'd get them in used condition via Bricklink.

5150 LEGO Pirates Service Pack MISP from 1990.

That's a good pack and find. :thumbup:

I love those old feather plumes. :pir-wub:

That's a good pack and find. :thumbup:

I love those old feather plumes. :pir-wub:

Agreed on both counts.

The new-style feather/flame pieces are okay, but the variety of the old ones was a lot better IMO.

But I couldn't possibly leave the pack alone... good thing you bought it and not me, to preserve some collectable value... :pir-wink:

I just clicked home a brand new Lord of the Rings 79008 called "Pirate ship Ambush", I dont know if this qualifies as a real pirate set but atleast it got "pirate" in its name and it looks like a pirate ship :)

82290770051b2fd9146f16.jpg

This is my last buy. It is not so cheap :40 euro plus shipping cost

40 Euros + shipping is indeed not cheap, but for what you got i think it is great deal :-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

That's a good pack and find. thumbup.gif

Thank you, Phred!

Here is the reverse side of the Service Pack packet packaging in case anyone was wondering...

post-273-0-04087500-1459605515_thumb.jpg

Vintage Sets:

1- 6247 - Bounty Boat

2- 6248 - Volcano Island

3- 6266 - Cannon Cove

26183020726_7c7b13e1d7_z.jpg

26116455102_1a0f64e9c6_z.jpg

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Any Photos! :)

Finally built all 3 boxed sets and here they are!

6276 Fort Eldorado - 2 bricks missing but I was buying a smaller set off the same seller so messaged asking if he could check he had them and he just got the bricks out of his spares and sent them on.

26216192995_28b8f2fa20_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

6270 Forbidden Island - All there apart from the green brick at the top of the palm tree.

25943321740_b04f81804b_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

6285 Black Seas Barracuda - Had repro colour printed instructions. Missing a couple of yellow translucent pieces for torches. There was an extra pirate figure included although several of the pirates don't match what is supposed to be in the set. Also the string that runs from bow to stern is missing as well as the string for the crane.

26190271406_f104965cf3_c.jpgBoxed sets and more eBaying! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

My new buys are not quite as exciting although they are parts I need to smarten up the Bluecoat army.

Red epaulettes and capes - I have a lot of Imperials that I gained in auction lots but they tended to come in a mix of tricorne hats and mostly no epaulettes or yellow epaulettes. Would like to convert these into soldiers and the red epaulettes seem to be in short supply in mixed lots. Thinking of using the red capes to create a few figures to be Governor Broadside's personal guard.

25975555891_52dfc83e2b_c.jpgMore eBay bits by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

10 set of shakos, backpacks, muskets and pistols - with the addition of these I hope to convert more of the mixed Bluecoat figures into regular soldiers.

25949393732_9ec370a185_c.jpgMore eBay bits by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Here are some of the Bluecoats I need to convert. After getting more red epaulettes I may actually convert a few into sailors to bolster the crew of my Caribbean Clipper.

25459188011_1f31940294_c.jpgBluecoats! by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

Vintage Sets:

1- 6247 - Bounty Boat

2- 6248 - Volcano Island

3- 6266 - Cannon Cove

NIce haul! Are these still sealed? The perforated thumb tabs still look intact.

NIce haul! Are these still sealed? The perforated thumb tabs still look intact.

Yes. All are Sealed pirate_satisfied.gif

@ The Imperial Soldier:

Very nice Sets. Look in nice condition too! :)

So are we going to see a Pirate layout soon? ;)

@ The Imperial Soldier:

Very nice Sets. Look in nice condition too! :)

So are we going to see a Pirate layout soon? ;)

The Fort Eldorado and Forbidden Island sets are immaculate. The Black Seas Barracuda could do with a clean. Will need to break it down and clean the pieces properly.

I've recently got hold of another unboxed BSB and loads of spare parts and minifigs. They're a bit of a mix so I need to go through properly and see what's there. They were also really dusty and dirty so I've broken everything down and cleaned it in warm soapy water but there are still bits of residue so it's all going to need a more thorough clean.

Will try to go through everything I have at the weekend and organise it into built sets and setup the Bluecoat and Pirate armies. I've accumulated a fair amount of extra parts for use in MOCs too so hope to start building some things soon.