V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Never too late. ☺

What's funny is I could probably rebuild the Imperial Trading Post with over 90% accuracy from the bricks that I have, including the 3D baseplate from my Eldorado Fortress. Some of the things I don't have would include the sail from that small ship, and Steve, and probably some other minor parts. As for the Rock Island Refuge, that would be much harder, I don't even have the baseplate (although it's pretty similar to the one from the Eldorado Fortress, just with different colours).

What's funny is I could probably rebuild the Imperial Trading Post with over 90% accuracy from the bricks that I have, including the 3D baseplate from my Eldorado Fortress. Some of the things I don't have would include the sail from that small ship, and Steve, and probably some other minor parts. As for the Rock Island Refuge, that would be much harder, I don't even have the baseplate (although it's pretty similar to the one from the Eldorado Fortress, just with different colours).

I could say that, the parts that makes this set little hard to complete are: the Steve minifigure, Sails and the imperial flags....other than that, all the parts are easy to Obtain! ;)

good luck with the hunting

What's the Steve minifig?

The Merchant that appears only in sets: 6277 and 6286, the one with rare Torso.

In set 6277, he is the one who is riding the Trading Boat.

Edited by VintageLegoEra

True..i have mentioned it in my post as well as 6286..:-)

I have two of him, so I figured the other one must of been from schooner. My minifigs were the only things that survived my childhood. But at least that's something. ☺

I just looked him up on bricklink, I had no idea he so valuable. ☺

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Oh ya, I have that guy. Why is named Steve?

I called him "Straight-Laced Steve" in a Guide to the Pirate Minifigures article on classic-pirates.com some years ago. The name isn't official, and it actually didn't originate with me either--I remember seeing it used often on Lugnet, or possibly even rec.toys.lego--now that was a long time ago! Definitely pre-dates Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball; might have been named for Steve Jackson, inventor of Evil Stevie's Pirate Game.

TC

Actually, the name Steve comes from our very own forum and was made up by DoubleT over 10 years ago. See here. I remember, I was there. :pir-classic: Since then it became so popular it's like a semi-official name of the character and is used almost everywhere.

Unless of course I'm totally mistaken and some people called him that way even earlier in the past, which I am not aware of.

I've just been given (I might be paying them back for the purchase, that was the original deal) the 6271 Imperial Flagship (really doesn't look like its been played with at all, I can fix that :-)

24656751149_6a52603e1d_z.jpgImperial Flagship, on Flickr

I've not got my mitts on it yet so it was built and photographed by my other half... hopefully they decide to hand it over :-) But it was an absolute bargain at £40 :-) so I am very pleased with that. Plus it comes with a faded box, original instructions and best of all lego catalog from back in the day.

Edited by BrickOn

Oh you lucky mate! That is one of my favorite ships of all time. pirate_classic.gif I have the main and the spanker sails 2x bbut they are not in an ideal condition... And the prices these days in bricklink are.... Not into my liking.

Captain Becker

Ya I used to have the original Imperial Flagship, it is a nice little ship. I personally decided against getting it again, mainly because it's a little bare. In the end, I decided to get newer bigger ships, and recommision them as Imperial Vessels.

On an unrelated topic, I just bought The Imperial Trading Post today, super excited about getting that in the mail.

Oh you lucky mate! That is one of my favorite ships of all time. pirate_classic.gif I have the main and the spanker sails 2x bbut they are not in an ideal condition... And the prices these days in bricklink are.... Not into my liking.

Captain Becker

I know it was bought at a toyfair in the UK but since I wasn't there I was on brinklink price checking, all I thought I was going to get from that trip was a few CMF,but they were all overpriced for fair prices (except Will Shakespear), so I got the ship instead. But about your sails have you checked out this tutorial, maybe its worth a go?

@BrickOn:

Congrats on this purchase. A very nice ship. I love mine so much.

Enjoy it!

Cheers.

Ya I used to have the original Imperial Flagship, it is a nice little ship. I personally decided against getting it again, mainly because it's a little bare. In the end, I decided to get newer bigger ships, and recommision them as Imperial Vessels.

On an unrelated topic, I just bought The Imperial Trading Post today, super excited about getting that in the mail.

I am still making up for lost time with lego pirates as I never had an actual ship when younger so now I kinda want them all eventually (and then I will play giant pirate game wars). I feel like the smaller ships are much more easy to play with and access everything, even if they aren't as impressive as the bigger ones, but I am happy to have both.

Congrats on your Imperial Trading Post, thats on my dream list of lego :-)

It is a nice little ship, that's for sure. I LOVE the compass.

Did i notice the Trade post on the way for you???..:-)

Amazing! I built mine 4 days back and it is so nice. The imperial flagship will give the set even more flavor.

Did i notice the Trade post on the way for you???..:-)

Amazing! I built mine 4 days back and it is so nice. The imperial flagship will give the set even more flavor.

Yes I just bought The trading post today. I had it as a kid, and it's been on my "must have" list since I woke up our of my dark ages. So ya, I'm super excited for it. Next up will be Eldorado, then I will have all 3 of the pirate themed raised base plate sets.

As for the original Imperial Flagship, I don't mean to sound derogatory, because it is a nice little ship. But as far as the officially released ships go, IMO the Imperial Flagship and the Caribbean Clipper are the worst two. (that might be a stretch, but they are worse than the BSB, SES, TBB, BBB, BP, and QAR). Which stinks, because they are Imperial Vessels and we don't get those very often. Originally I had both on my "must have" list, but recently decided to remove them. Buying Brickbeards Bounty helped me make that decision. Which of you watch my review on that set, I go into detail on my thought process. I just decided to turn my BSB into a blue coat ship, get The Brick Bounty and turn that into a Red Coat ship, and have BBB be a pirate ship. Ideally I would get two of the BIG Imperial Flagships, and keep one as red, and turn the other blue. But I can't afford to do that, so this was my back up plan.

I just don't feel that the Original Imperial Flagship and The Caribbean Clipper present a big enough threat compared to the size of the Pirate Ships. I wanted ships that could really compete with them, and the official sets just don't measure up imo. Now at some point in the future I may decide to get them, just because I do like them. They have just been removed from my "must have" list for now, but that may change in a year or so.

Yes I just bought The trading post today. I had it as a kid, and it's been on my "must have" list since I woke up our of my dark ages. So ya, I'm super excited for it. Next up will be Eldorado, then I will have all 3 of the pirate themed raised base plate sets.

As for the original Imperial Flagship, I don't mean to sound derogatory, because it is a nice little ship. But as far as the officially released ships go, IMO the Imperial Flagship and the Caribbean Clipper are the worst two. (that might be a stretch, but they are worse than the BSB, SES, TBB, BBB, BP, and QAR). Which stinks, because they are Imperial Vessels and we don't get those very often. Originally I had both on my "must have" list, but recently decided to remove them. Buying Brickbeards Bounty helped me make that decision. Which of you watch my review on that set, I go into detail on my thought process. I just decided to turn my BSB into a blue coat ship, get The Brick Bounty and turn that into a Red Coat ship, and have BBB be a pirate ship. Ideally I would get two of the BIG Imperial Flagships, and keep one as red, and turn the other blue. But I can't afford to do that, so this was my back up plan.

I just don't feel that the Original Imperial Flagship and The Caribbean Clipper present a big enough threat compared to the size of the Pirate Ships. I wanted ships that could really compete with them, and the official sets just don't measure up imo. Now at some point in the future I may decide to get them, just because I do like them. They have just been removed from my "must have" list for now, but that may change in a year or so.

I do Agree with your opinion about the 6271 and 6274. My Self i saw some Flaws in them in terms of: lacking some important parts like: Compass, Anchors,...etc and i add what i felt it was missing and now i am satisfied. As for the size. Yes, the Imperial Ship must be a match in size with Pirate ones thats why i believe the released the 10210 which LEGO should do that back then.

But After all, these 2 small ships are great in design and hand grip! :) + Old is Gold...

CHeers and looking forward for your Trade Post review ( please make it with high quality Camera as i really want to view this Review )

Ciao

Edited by VintageLegoEra