V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

@vintage, you sir are getting everything that I want. Good for you man. I had many/most of these pirate sets when I was young, but they are all long gone. ������ the good news is I will be getting rock island refuge and imperial trading post at some point in the near future. (i am in the process of getting my hands on some bonds I was given as a child, and most of it is going towards lego. Pirates, castle, and Lord of the rings mainly, but also starting my lego city).

But you sir always seem to be 5 steps a head of where I want to be. ������

Thanks Buddy!.....80's and 90's , i can say it was Lego's Epic with the pirate sets!....and all these sets are beautiful , thats why till now we see these sets as Holly :)

I am sure you will sort out all what you need, just need some time like me! ;)

Start to save and work part times and there you go!

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Ya I will get there eventually, I've only really been out of my dark ages for a year and a half, but mostly since last Christmas. So considering my big lego push started last christmas, I already have quite an impressive collection. But before I'm done, I do plan on getting most of the sets that I lost, especially rock island, imperial trading post, the original imperial flagship, and yes the skull eyed schooner

Bought The Brick Bounty and Soldiers fort on sale on lego shop&home. First pirates sets in aaaaaa loooooong time. Latest pirate set I had/played with was Eldorado fortress and Forbidden island which my grandparents bought for me and my two brothers when we we're kids. Can't wait to build it :-D

Well... I just couldn't help myself. Now that the sets are about to be retired (premature, right? It hasn't even been a year!) I've made a couple trips to TRU and cleaned the shelves @ 20% off. I think I got... let's see... 9 more Shipwreck Defenses, 3 more Outposts and 1 more Fort to go with my big pile of parts from last spring. I would've gotten another Brick Bounty or two if they'd had any more, but that's all they had. I'm guessing they're done on B&P - I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see them coming back when the service starts back since the new stuff is out. I wanted to order a bunch of the powdered wig pieces but it may never happen. Good thing I got several last year.

Waiting to get my ever first Classic Lego Pirate sets in the mail, one never opened and still sealed, and one used once. They are:

6251 Pirate Mini Figures

6248 Volcano Island

Though they are small sets, I`m still more than extremely exited to get them. Even though the total sum was 87 Euros..... Please dont judge me. :pir-grin:

Captain Becker

Having recently emerged from my dark age, I recovered the pieces to and rebuilt my old skulls eye schooner, which resulted in my wife becoming obsessed with vintage era pirates. We recently picked up a lagoon lock -up and broadsides brig on ebay, and I think she is probably following every possible option for getting an imperial trading post and/or Eldorado fortress she can find. Unfortunately the price remains a pretty big barrier on those....

Matey... your WIFE is into vintage pirates? Dad-gum!! I mean ARRRGGHH!! She sounds like a real keeper!

On a serious note, good luck getting the EF and ITP. I badly wanted those sets as a kid and never got them, so I had to draw big poster drawings of them instead. Their appeal is as great as it ever was all these years later.

I'm new to the pirate category, does the Junior Pirate Treasure Set count? I just ordered that

Yes, as long as it is a Pirate! pirate_satisfied.gif

I'm new to the pirate category, does the Junior Pirate Treasure Set count? I just ordered that

Yes. It counts. I won that set in the pillage and plunder contest last year. I haven't received the prize yet but it should be a fun set when it gets here.

On Friday I ordered Rock Island Refuge. 100% complete a/ instructions. Paid $127 with shipping. I'm pretty excited for it, I loved this set as a kid.

You will love it. An excellent Set !

Ya I will put up a review and possibly a stop motion build for it next week.

I have always felt that it was the best PIRATE land fort Lego has ever made. Excluding Imperial forts of course.

Ya I will put up a review and possibly a stop motion build for it next week.

I have always felt that it was the best PIRATE land fort Lego has ever made. Excluding Imperial forts of course.

This set and the Forbidden Island are the only Pirate Fortress and the 6273 is indeed a real pirate land compared to 6270.

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Well they did release one in 2009 I think. It does look pretty good as well, but I've always had a soft spot for RIR

6253, is the set I was talking about. It looks so much smaller than Rock Island though. Forbidden Island isn't too bad either, but I had that one as a kid also. It never really did much for me, tbh. It's Rock Island or nothing for me.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

On Friday I ordered Rock Island Refuge. 100% complete a/ instructions. Paid $127 with shipping. I'm pretty excited for it, I loved this set as a kid.

Nice.

I also thought about getting the 6273 recently, only reason I didn't (through careful considerations) is the baseplate. I really hate the ramp. I think the biggest mistake they did when they designed the mold, was to not having studs on the ramp. I have two sets with the raised baseplates and the ramp is a big issue for both of them.

Comparing Forbidden Island with Rock Island Refugee is interesting, at first I saw Forbidden Island as the Inferior "little brother". But since the baseplate is easier to take advantage of, and despite being smaller and more "airy", I think it's slightly better than Rock Island. However, Rock Island is a much bigger set with several minifigures, two baseplates and offers a lot of playability (although severely hampered by the ramp). Believe me, I'm always tempted to get it, but the ramp is just too off-putting.

Well they did release one in 2009 I think. It does look pretty good as well, but I've always had a soft spot for RIR

6253, is the set I was talking about. It looks so much smaller than Rock Island though. Forbidden Island isn't too bad either, but I had that one as a kid also. It never really did much for me, tbh. It's Rock Island or nothing for me.

True, but i was referring to vintage set..;-)

Nice.

I also thought about getting the 6273 recently, only reason I didn't (through careful considerations) is the baseplate. I really hate the ramp. I think the biggest mistake they did when they designed the mold, was to not having studs on the ramp. I have two sets with the raised baseplates and the ramp is a big issue for both of them.

Comparing Forbidden Island with Rock Island Refugee is interesting, at first I saw Forbidden Island as the Inferior "little brother". But since the baseplate is easier to take advantage of, and despite being smaller and more "airy", I think it's slightly better than Rock Island. However, Rock Island is a much bigger set with several minifigures, two baseplates and offers a lot of playability (although severely hampered by the ramp). Believe me, I'm always tempted to get it, but the ramp is just too off-putting.

Have you thought about making the refuge Island without the raised plate and use normal plates? This could work..:-)

I agree. The redcoats had the Imperial Trading Post and pirates had the Rock Island Refuge - the ultimate pirate base as far as the official sets go. Absolutely amazing. Too bad I never got either of the two. pirate_sceptic.gif

I agree. The redcoats had the Imperial Trading Post and pirates had the Rock Island Refuge - the ultimate pirate base as far as the official sets go. Absolutely amazing. Too bad I never got either of the two. pirate_sceptic.gif

Never too late. ☺